WOW-Alaska is expensive for 2017

hollon

Just called hoping to book for May/June of 2017 and for a minisuite it's 2564.00 and balcony is 2494.00 - not much difference and no promotions, does anyone agree or know of upcoming sales in the future, I know 2017 is a ways away :)

Go ahead and book the cruise and cabin that you want, then when specials/promotions come out just re-price it. Have done it several times for our cruises.

That's exactly what we have done. I'll keep checking prices and have my TA reprice as needed. At least this way I have the mini-suite I want.

Jackie

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

The prices for 2016 are still high too and I'm waiting for the last minute pricing.

There is a new sale starting on Dec 10 that includes Alaska so check then and of course all the way up to final payment :)

Does it work for promo deals too? For instance, if you book Alaska and later a promo comes on that includes free drinks, gratuities or OBC, can that be re- priced ? Some travel agents charge a cancellation fee but have better on board credit. What's the strategy for getting the best deal without paying a cancellation fee?

Does it work for promo deals too? For instance, if you book Alaska and later a promo comes on that includes free drinks, gratuities or OBC, can that be re- priced ? Some travel agents charge a cancellation fee but have better on board credit. What's the strategy for getting the best deal without paying a cancellation fee?

There are many TAs that have no cancelation or change fees...they cannot be named here but just try one of the big box agencies. They are out there EVERYWHERE. The thing with Princess is they seem to go to NEW BOOKINGS ONLY when the pricing really drops. You can always cancel (or threaten to) and rebook....they will usually give in....and rightfully so. There is no way they should penalize paying customers for booking early ... it doesn't bode well for them to do so.

I always book directly with the cruise line . No fees.

Just booked Coral Princess for Saturday 16th September 2017 to Alaska

Maybe because I`m from the United Kingdom but I think this cruise is sooo cheap

I`m paying £1,319.00 or $1,996.38 (according to xe.com) - Single traveller on an inside cabin on Deck 10 - Will be my 2nd time with Princess, first time on Coral Princess

I`ll be coming to Vancouver via Toronto - Planned out a whole trip around this cruise about a month ago and it went only went on sale today

I booked an Alaska Connoisseur Cruisetour for June 2016 the day it became available. I've been watching for price drops ever since. So far I've seen a few "sales" with minor perks but the price is always higher than I paid and the perks haven't covered the difference. Right now there is a "sale" but my cabin is more than $400 per person more than I paid. It's looking like I got the best possible price by booking the very first day.

Of course I'll keep watching for a price drop but I won't hold my breath.

I booked an Alaska Connoisseur Cruisetour for June 2016 the day it became available. I've been watching for price drops ever since. So far I've seen a few "sales" with minor perks but the price is always higher than I paid and the perks haven't covered the difference. Right now there is a "sale" but my cabin is more than $400 per person more than I paid. It's looking like I got the best possible price by booking the very first day.

Cruise tours rarely go down until after final payment :( Even if the cruise goes down, the tour most likely won't.

Edited by Coral

The prices for 2016 are still high too and I'm waiting for the last minute pricing.

There is a new sale starting on Dec 10 that includes Alaska so check then and of course all the way up to final payment :)

I am looking at booking a Vista Suite for the July 29th cruise on the Ruby. How quickly are these suites booked? Can I wait until the December 10th sale to see what they are offering or will it already be snatched up by then?

So this may sound like a dumb question but I'm new to Princess. If your cabin is already booked how do you check what the price would be for your exact cabin? We booked directly through the cruiseline on their website - not sure if that makes a difference but if the price drops before final payment for our June, 2016 trip can I get the new price somehow and how would I know?

You're missing out on some pretty decent discounts. I saved $400 today over Princess's price with no cancellation fees.

i live to far from Vancouver to get any deals on cruises. So far TA I tried hasn't given the service I get from Princess direct .

I don't know who you use but because of exchange I won't book in US dollars with an American TA.

i live to far from Vancouver to get any deals on cruises. So far TA I tried hasn't given the service I get from Princess direct .

I don't know who you use but because of exchange I won't book in US dollars with an American TA.

I booked in Canadian today with a TA that is on the east coast of the US