Want to move cabins in same cat. B1 will I have to pay move to move?

They'll reprice it at the current price. That may mean it stays the same, goes up or goes down.

We've changed cabins within the same category with RCI many times and never had our booking re-priced to a current higher price even when we got that category as an guarantee assignment. We did it as recently as last September for both of our October B2B Freedom cruises. Of course this is for NA bookings only. ;)

They'll reprice it at the current price. That may mean it stays the same, goes up or goes down.

No...they won't. We've changed cabins within the same category many times and even as many as 3-4 times within the same cruise...If I can't book the cabin I want, I just keep checking and even request to be put on a waitlist.

I may want to change cabin numbers on a cruise I have booked. Same cat it's a B1. But now the price has went up from when I booked. Will I have to pay more just to move cabins?

I'm curious, why would you ask total strangers such an important question rather then your travel agent?

People ask all kind of questions here that should only be asked of your booking agent. What if you get steered wrong? Tell the check in agent : but the strangers on cruise critic told me something different.

I'm curious, why would you ask total strangers such an important question rather then your travel agent?

People ask all kind of questions here that should only be asked of your booking agent. What if you get steered wrong? Tell the check in agent : but the strangers on cruise critic told me something different.

Travel agents are more likely to be wrong (not intentionally, as they are dealing with all cruise lines as well as air, and land based resorts. They can't be an expert on everything). The people on here providing advice have a wealth of knowledge about Royal Caribbean and are willing to share that knowledge. When you see half a dozen people saying the same thing then chances are that you have the right answer.

Also, and this is just my opinion, but I would trust many posters on here more than I would Royals own reps.

It really wasn't that difficult of a question and comes up quite frequently.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You can move within the same category and your price stays the same. Last year I moved our D-1 back up to the 10 Deck from where we had a JS on the previous cruise and our price was the same. Only reason I moved us out of the JS for the 2nd cruise, was due to cost. To clarify, we paid $2,000 less for the JS during the Transpacific then they were asking for the 12 day Hawaii so booked the D-1 for the Hawaii back to Vancouver on Deck 9 but a D-1 cabin opened up on Deck 10 so remained in a D-1 just went up a Deck.

I changed cabins a few weeks ago (same category) thanks to the trusty advice from the folks on CC. There was no price change and I ended up with $100 in extra OBC. Since then, their advice has allowed me to take advantage of the Cyber Monday deal, $400 OBC and free wifi. In my opinion, the folks here are very knowledgeable.

As others have said, no repricing to move within the same category.

However, if you originally booked a guarantee, do NOT mention that when you call. Just say that you have B1 cabin xxxx and want to move to B1 cabin yyyy.

I was able to move with no change in price. I moved from 12327 to 9729

Thank-you for reporting back and confirming the policy. We never know when a policy might change, so it's very helpful to all who read these posts to get timely first hand reports.