After spring break season?

SPSGB

This isn't a college related break but here on Long Island (NY) many school districts grades K-12 have a "Spring Recess" the last week of April 2016.

I'm sure there will be some kids of that age group making an appearance on cruises scheduled for that week.

This isn't a college related break but here on Long Island (NY) many school districts grades K-12 have a "Spring Recess" the last week of April 2016.

I'm sure there will be some kids of that age group making an appearance on cruises scheduled for that week.

NYC public schools (largest public school system in the country) are out that week.

I'm booked on Navigator April 24 sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. I'm hoping this late in Aptil will be after th spring break season. Is this a correct assumption?

This is my favorite time of year to cruise just for that reason and your assumption is basically correct, but occasionally wierd things happen. We started cruising late April Early /May back in 2006 because its after most schools spring break and before they let out for the summer. As you can see from my history, I have made 7 cruises around this time and have 2 more booked.

Its also good as it is still usually cold up here where I am and is swimming warm in the caribbean, pre- hurricane season,

Edited by BillOh

"Spring Break" runs thru May... Ship's sail full ALL the time...no difference in number of passengers. No worries!

There may not be a difference in the number of passengers but there is very likely to be a big difference in the demographic makeup of the passengers.:rolleyes: If avoiding large numbers of spring breakers is the OP's desire, waiting to book a cruise until after spring break, is a priority.

We cruised on April 26th out of Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades this past April and the crowds were low.

Did you have fleet week to worry about? Fleet week is usually around then and while its a great event, cruisers should get their hotels early as the most popular ones fill up and the price go up as you get closer.

Did you have fleet week to worry about? Fleet week is usually around then and while its a great event, cruisers should get their hotels early as the most popular ones fill up and the price go up as you get closer.

I had to Google what Fleet week was, but I don't believe so. I had a hotel booked about two months before sail date, but was watching for a price drop and ended up being able to cancel and book again about 4 days before we left for a better rate. I recall a lot of hotel availability on Hotels.com.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn on 17th street (very close to the Embassy Suites) and the hotel was not overly busy nor was the Carrabba's we ate dinner at. This particular hotel is about a two minute taxi ride to the pier.

I was worried about more of a spring break crowd on the ship because of the dates, but there were not many at all. Our two kids were in Camp Carnival every day and it was never busy.