Any cruises that stop at Key West but leave from East Coast???

amandajean06

Hello friends,

I have been to Key West on a Carnival cruise before I met my husband, and he is very interested in stopping there on our next one together. On our first cruise together, our itinerary was changed last minute and Carnival dropped KW, and DH was SO disappointed. We prefer to drive to port, and east coast embarkation is much easier for us to do so as we are from north-central Indiana. Does anyone know if there are any ships that call at Key West, but don't leave from Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, etc.? I have tried to look but may be missing something. Thank you in advance!

Hello friends,

I have been to Key West on a Carnival cruise before I met my husband, and he is very interested in stopping there on our next one together. On our first cruise together, our itinerary was changed last minute and Carnival dropped KW, and DH was SO disappointed. We prefer to drive to port, and east coast embarkation is much easier for us to do so as we are from north-central Indiana. Does anyone know if there are any ships that call at Key West, but don't leave from Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, etc.? I have tried to look but may be missing something. Thank you in advance!

Well, there aren't that many east-coast ports outside of Florida that have significant variety of ships. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the big ones are NY/NJ, with a scattering from Boston and Baltimore. Charleston SC basically has one Carnival ship going at a time (usually the oldest in the fleet), but if you were going to drive all the way to SC, might as well go to FL.

I'd look at a site with a robust search engine like the big bulk store that we're not allowed to name, or cruise ... plum, and put in the departure ports and dates that you're interested in, and then I suppose you just have to comb through every itinerary. Or I suppose get a travel agent to do it.

OR ... I guess you could look at the port schedule for KW and work backwards to see where those ships sailed from.

Example:

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/336-Key_West_Florida/January_2016

It looks like Royal has some cruises on the Grandeur out of Baltimore that stop at Key West....

Aside from RC Grandeur from Baltimore, it seems that a Princess sailing from New York is the only itinerary from a northeast port stopping in Key West - but then you would have to get yourself back from Australia.

Hello friends,

See if there is something out of New Orleans or Mobile, that would be an even easier drive.