Journey with Bill & Mary Ann on the Amsterdam's 2016 Grand World Voyage - 114 days +

WCB

Many thanks to all our readers.......it is our pleasure to be able to share this adventure with everyone!

We will never complain about cold weather again......frozen tundra with temps -35C is impressive. Takes a strong group of folks to live in Canada.

Looking forward to seeing Copper John. We promise to take good care of him.

Allan and Sandra - we shall welcome you in Hong Kong, and Rich and Peg - will be an honor to share pizza with you guys in 2017.

Our travel company for the Sri Lanka safari is A&K.

Stay tuned...............

Bill & Mary Ann

I'm tuned and can't wait to enjoy your reports. Thank you for your kind efforts to include us on your journey.

I hope you enjoy every moment of your cruise and stay well and happy the entire time.

Smooth sailing and sweet dreams on the cruise

4boysnana

Knew your cruise was around the corner, been

checking to see if you posted yet.

Love reading about your World Cruises..in fact all

of your cruises!

Glad you had a nice Christmas with family and now

your ready to entertain your "CC family" in here.

Do you know if any of the others who go on the

World cruise and post here are cruising this year?

Bon Voyage!

Hi,

I came across some of your posts and am quite amazed at the extent of your cruising experience. If you don't mind my asking, do you live somewhere where you don't have much yard or property to maintain? Or perhaps have someone to take care of everything while you do such extensive traveling? My wife and I love to travel, but quite honestly if I'm away from the house for more than 2 weeks it both starts to feel long and I know how much work is waiting for me when I get home! With pets to board at the kennel, houseplants, pool, extensive yard and property, etc., I can't fathom being away from home as much as you folks are. More power to you though. The other thing is, for me, if I would ever do even one world cruise (highly unlikely..way too long for me anyway), I couldn't even imagine wanting to do another one. All that being said, I find your reports most interesting, having glanced through a few of them. Best wishes on your world cruise. Might I ask, out of curiosity, how many total days you have had at sea thus far?

Best,

Keith

Edited by three4rd

Hi again Bill and Mary Ann,

In coming across your posts, I may have inadvertently found the right people to ask something regarding an upcoming cruise that I have booked, which is a South America / Antarctica onboard Celebrity Infinity in 2017. I've read so much about the potential for bad weather and rough seas during the Drake Passage and to the Falklands, and it would seem that you've been that way probably several times. So if you have any advice for me that would be great. Antarctica has always been a dream trip of mine, but I am prone to motion sickness and typically wear sea bands whenever I am cruising. I know that you can either get Drake Lake or Drake Rake, as they say, so I'm hoping for the best. The more I dwell on how bad it COULD get, I'm still tempted to cancel it in favor of something a bit more calm. Thanks for any thoughts you can offer and bon voyage!

Keith

Thank goodness! Along with the anticipation of the Christmas season comes my anticipation of the starting of your annual World Cruise Blog!:D

I would love to be able to do a full WC, but until then I am perfectly content with reading of your adventures, that are full of interesting information and details.

I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family, it sounded so wonderful.

I wish you a Happy New Year and a Great Cruise! Thanks again for all the work you do with presenting us with your blog!

What a great send-off. We certainly enjoy your comments.....it keeps us motivated.

Honestly, we will not know for sure who will be onboard until we get there. We usually find out who the CC members are when we attend the first meeting.

We still have our "home on the range", but with much help from family and neighbors, all seems to survive well.

We have never taken the time to add up our total cruise days, but we estimate that it is in the 3500 range. That is sailing with a dozen cruise lines over the years.

Keith.....don't cancel Antarctica. Both times we sailed in those waters, it was OK, even calm. In addition to the wrist bands, we suggest taking meclizine. It has always worked for us.

Bill & Mary Ann