Favorite HAL cruise

Susie51

So hard to select just one but I do think the Grand Med cruise with its awesome ports of call plus having sea days on the way over to unwind from 'life' and the sea days coming back to FLL to relax from the ports. This may be the front runner for me. Fabulous crew and passengers, great food, interesting lecturers, fun events, just an overall excellent experience. Or maybe it will be my next cruise.....

Sailing into Venice as the sun came up will remain a true highlight in my life!

What is your favorite HAL cruise?

My favorite is 2007 7 night E. Carib. My favorite port was Tortola. We took an island tour with a beach stop. I enjoyed being in the deep water and bobbing up and down in the waves.

2012 Nieuw Amsterdam Venice to Barcelona with an overnight in Venice.

Each year, Vov has different ports, but those on the 2015 cruise were fantastic. Seeing Greenland under various consitions, including an icefield is unforgettable as the Captain noted. Speaking of the Captain, he and his crew were simply great. The entertainers (especially Courtney and Dustin Cunningham, Andreea and Alex of the Adagio. and Ashley Wey and Louis of the Neptunes not only have tremendous talent but are so kind and generous). I thought that nothing could beat the Baltics, New Zealand, and Antartica, but the scenery and the Veendam's crew and entertainers proved me wrong.

Each year, Vov has different ports, but those on the 2015 cruise were fantastic. Seeing Greenland under various consitions, including an icefield is unforgettable as the Captain noted. Speaking of the Captain, he and his crew were simply great. The entertainers (especially Courtney and Dustin Cunningham, Andreea and Alex of the Adagio. and Ashley Wey and Louis of the Neptunes not only have tremendous talent but are so kind and generous). I thought that nothing could beat the Baltics, New Zealand, and Antartica, but the scenery and the Veendam's crew and entertainers proved me wrong.

I agree with Broadway. We have 400+ days on DAM ships and this years Voyage of the Vikings was the best we have had. Looking forward to 66 days on the Maasdam next fall going from Seattle - Australia - New Zealand:D

Can't pick just one as so many have different appeal. Agree with others about VotV, the round trip Med cruise from FLL, and the 14-day Alaska. We also loved the South America/Antarctica. All of those are worthy of "favorite" status.

My spouse has also said he would do the Canada/New England again. I didn't love it as much as the ones above.

DH's favorite is the 21-day Amsterdam partial transit of the Panama canal - had overnight in Gatun Lake and a pleasant rhythm of a day at sea, a day in port, etc.

Mine is probably the 21-day transpacific from LA to Sidney stopping in Hawaii, Pago Pago, Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia. Beautiful ports, beautiful sea days and the great destination of Sidney!

m--

I love the Canada/New England itineraries, particularly the ones that end in Montreal. Seeing the sunrise through Habitat '67 on the last morning is one of the best parts of that cruise and one of my favorite sights in the world. I could do that every year quite happily.

But I think my favorite cruise has been the one I took in the Baltic. It was the one where I got my dream-come-true experience, walking up and down the Jordan Staircase at the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg.

What is your favorite HAL cruise?

My favorite is 2007 7 night E. Carib. My favorite port was Tortola. We took an island tour with a beach stop. I enjoyed being in the deep water and bobbing up and down in the waves.

Not a fair question - as my answer is "all of them". We've done Alaska (twice) and the Panama Canal. I'd do any of the again. But I'm busy booking new itineraries.

I loved just about every cruise we had on Maasdam (more than 30+).... especially our Canada/NE cruises.

Noordam cruises were extra special. DH and I really enjoyed our one Alaska cruise on Oosterdam and rank it among our very favorite. Loved sailing out of Pireaus after fabulous stays in Athens. Sailing into/out of Venice is magical. Panama Canal should be done at least once by any serious cruisers. :) Impossible to name a favorite when one has sailed over 90 cruises.

Edited by sail7seas

All of our cruises have been wonderful. Our first cruise was to Alaska in 2007 and that was the beginning of it. I am itching to do another cruise there and it probably will be our next one. However, two cruises really stand out - a cruise on the Volendam from Sydney to Hong Kong in 2012 and the Mediterranean on the Noordam, from Venice (including Turkey) to Barcelona in 2014. Two very memorable cruises but both very different.

Ozcruizer

Edited by ozcruizer
Wanted to add a couple of words!