Suite?- Book specialty restaurants online or thru concierge?

Hello All

Never been in a suite so not sure how this works or if it will be different when the new ammenities rollout. Our family will be in "star class" on our Jan 17' cruise... We will have free specialty dining to any of the specialty dining restaurants on Harmony, when booking opens up, should I book online or wait until the concierge contacts me prior to cruise to book? Thinking if I wait to book our family of 8 until concierge calls that possibly specialty restaurants might fill up. As I've said never been in a suite, so not sure how it works. Thanks in advance.

Bob....I think her cruise is January 2017.

Makes sense, I was seeing it as Jan 17th. Thanks.

In that case, I would book specialty restaurants via the concierge and avoid pre-paying.

Edited by clarea

They will contact you by email 1-2 weeks prior to you getting on the ship. If you want you can book for yourselves when they open for reservations, and guarantee that you have the time and venue that you want. By pre booking restaurants you will have to prepay. We are suite cruisers and always book all of our own shows, meals, spas etc. I'd rather have things arranged months in advance VS waiting until the week before departure or the day I get on the ship.

When the a larger group of 8 you might have to book two tables of 4. They might get also be able to accommodate 8 depending on existing bookings for the venue.

I am sure that RCI is still looking at the booking process for the new suite perks to guarantee this suite class a time and place to eat and keeping everyone happy.

In other words, I don't think they know how to manage yet.

If you need a specific place and time book when you can, and get re-imbursed later.

Safe travels.

Since OP will be getting free specialty restaurants and prepayment will thus not be an issue, plus it is a group of 8, I would definitely book in advance. The concierge can do a lot but can't work miracles if a particular restaurant is booked solid for the day and time the OP wants to go there.