FCC refunds from Bottomline are legit

LeeW

Just got a couple of old FCCs refunded and they come in an envelope that looks very much like junk mail from a company called Bottomline Technologies. Paperwork inside makes it clear these are from Princess, but almost threw these out as junk mail. Old threads indicate that Princess uses this company, but I hadn't seen anything lately. Heads up!

• 1 month later...

We are Canadians had two FCCs expire 27 Jan 16. I called Princess early Feb to ask about the process. I was told the checks had already been issued. Today, 22 Feb., figuring that Canada Post could not be that bad, I called again to verify the process. This time I was told by the agent that the "request" for the check was sent to "Bottomline" on 5 Feb and that it was likely to take "Bottomline" over two weeks to issue the check. She pointed out that the envelope would likely look like "junk" mail and that the check would likely be drawn on the "Bank of Scotland". She jokingly said that Princess was deliberately trying to make the checks difficult to identify. Since we are now wintering in Florida I contacted our friend who is looking after our mail and was advised that the checks, one each, had arrived today.

The system does work but it is slow.

That is the same company for other Princess refunds such as OBC given as compensation for a cruise that had problems such as the Coral's post-drydock cruise that sailed on 2/1/16.

If anyone is due a refund of OBC look for an envelope from "Bottomline Technologies, Inc"

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the head's up that refund checks look like junk mail. We got ours today and even though I knew it would look like junk mail, it almost slipped through. You would think it would be possible for Bottomline to add Princess Cruise Lines somewhere in the return address to avoid the confusion.

• 1 month later...

I tried today to extend four of our FCCs that will expire next month.

Is this still possible? The agent I had came back to advise me that 2-year-old FCCs will expire if not used on a booking. I could cancel for a refund but could not extend them for any length of time.

I tried today to extend four of our FCCs that will expire next month.

Is this still possible? The agent I had came back to advise me that 2-year-old FCCs will expire if not used on a booking. I could cancel for a refund but could not extend them for any length of time.

Did you call Princess?

Did you call Princess?

Yes, this was a Princess agent. But it's a Saturday, so I will call back on a weekday.

Today they said (after consulting someone) it could be extended if I had a Booking Number. Well, last month when I called to try to extend the FCC I was told the expiry date was "too far in the future" and should call back closer to that date. I happened to have a live Booking Number on that date, but not today.

Princess Rule #3: Call back and ask someone else, right?

each had 2 FCC's.

I just booked and knowing the 2nd would expire soon, I asked for the extra 200$ to be applied to the current cruise and I would buy new FCC's on board.....they did it!

Was glad not to have to wait for paper refunds.

Bernadette

I too received an OBC refund check from them. I really think Princess should work with their vendor to print the Princess Logo as well on their envelope. Mine also came close to going in the trash without being opened.

I too received an OBC refund check from them. I really think Princess should work with their vendor to print the Princess Logo as well on their envelope. Mine also came close to going in the trash without being opened.

I'm hitting the like button on this.

Tony

Maybe that's the plan. :p

Were it not for a thread on CC about these refunds showing up in unmarked envelopes, mine would have hit the trash too.

What happens if you did throw it out? Anyone have success in having the refund reissued?

Edited by cruisingram1

Maybe that's the plan. :p

Were it not for a thread on CC about these refunds showing up in unmarked envelopes, mine would have hit the trash too.

What happens if you did throw it out? Anyone have success in having the refund reissued?

After the first expired, they sent another. Yes, I did throw it out.:o

• 3 weeks later...

For the first time we had refundable OBC from a cruise & after about 6 weeks received our refund check & statement.

Included was a notification that after 4/30/16 refunds by check will have a $4 fee assessed. Refunds can be received electronically without any fee: http://www.paymode.com/commissionpayments

Also included in bold print is that checks delivered will be valid for 30 days from check issuance date.

I'm not giving my personal info for a very rare refund of unused refundable OBC and I don't think that Princess should use a company who charges us a fee to receive our refunds by check. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

[quote=Astro Flyer;50091753

Included was a notification that after 4/30/16 refunds by check will have a $4 fee assessed.

I don't think that Princess should use a company who charges us a fee to receive our refunds by check.(

More and more, Princess is resembling Camp FUBAR;)

Just got a couple of old FCCs refunded and they come in an envelope that looks very much like junk mail from a company called Bottomline Technologies. Paperwork inside makes it clear these are from Princess, but almost threw these out as junk mail. Old threads indicate that Princess uses this company, but I hadn't seen anything lately. Heads up!

My wife used to laugh at me because I always opened every envelope that was addressed to me before I put in in the recycle bin. She stopped laughing about 3 months ago after I opened two envelopes one day and found the following in them.

Envelope one was from a bank and it had a new credit card inside it with my name on it and a welcoming letter thanking me for opening an account for a credit card with an appliance chain located in the South. The account indicated that I had a $5000 credit limit and that there was already $4995 already charged to the account! To make a long story short, I called the bank and told them I never opened the account and got the account closed at that point. Luckily, it was an easy matter to get straightened out and the bank was very helpful in reporting the fraudulent action to the credit reporting agencies. After about a month and a half, my credit history was all straightened when the investigation was completed.

Envelope two was from another bank and that bank was a little bit more cautious in their approach to opening a credit account and their letter said that they needed to verify some information that had been given on a credit application that had been given to them. As with the first situation, the bank was located in the South and I had never heard of the bank or made any such credit application. A call to that bank squelched that application and they were very happy that I had called and notified them of the fraudulent application.

Needless to say, my wife no longer laughs at my opening of all envelopes addressed to me, regardless of whether I recognize the bank/company/whatever that sent it to me. She now opens all her mail also! ;)

Tom

If Princess has no issue charging fares and extras on my credit card, not sure why it's an issue to refund automatically to that same credit card. Royal Caribbean does it seamlessly. I think my unused OBC was back on the card on file the next day. I would think that would be easier than sending it to a third party to deal with.

If Princess has no issue charging fares and extras on my credit card, not sure why it's an issue to refund automatically to that same credit card. Royal Caribbean does it seamlessly. I think my unused OBC was back on the card on file the next day. I would think that would be easier than sending it to a third party to deal with.

Perhaps they may have had problems with refunds being made to cards that were no longer active due to one reason or another. But, yes, it seems to me that doing a refund that way would be less expensive than cutting a check and mailing it out.

Tom

Perhaps they may have had problems with refunds being made to cards that were no longer active due to one reason or another. But, yes, it seems to me that doing a refund that way would be less expensive than cutting a check and mailing it out.

Tom

Chances are the credit card used to pay for one's on board purchases will still be good the next day. A little asterisk somewhere to remind people not to close their credit cards would solve that problem if the refund was quick.

As an aside, Princess is very generous with OBC. And I appreciate the ability to stack credits. If I have to wait a bit, I'm good.

Chances are the credit card used to pay for one's on board purchases will still be good the next day. A little asterisk somewhere to remind people not to close their credit cards would solve that problem if the refund was quick.

As an aside, Princess is very generous with OBC. And I appreciate the ability to stack credits. If I have to wait a bit, I'm good.

I thought that the point under discussion was FCCs which are usually refunded after 2 years if not used. My mistake.

Tom