Curtis Stone Dining Information

Steelers0854

Curtis Stone has impacted dining all over the Princess fleet. Whether in the MDR or the new SHARE restaurant that replaces the either beloved or beleaguered Sabatini's. There is a lot of great info out there about the changes scattered across multiple threads. There is still new information coming in and thus this isn't a perfect list yet but it's the best from what I could find and I'm happy to update this thread when new items are posted. For those interested I tried to consolidate all the information into one thread where you can look to find all the information you need. Thank you to all the original posters for this fantastic information.

MDR Changes:

The dinner menu used to include the following always available items:

• Shrimp Cocktail
  • Caesar Salad
  • Salmon
  • Chicken
  • Beef Medallions
  • Tri-Tip
  • Hamburger

Reportedly all the above dishes have been removed except for the chicken, Cesar Salad and 2 versions of the shrimp cocktail (Caribbean itineraries). The fettuccine Alfredo is also apparently only available on some nights and not every night.

3 new available anytime dishes:

Pork Tenderloin

Mahi Mahi with curry spiced cauliflower and plantain chips and pomegranate mustard sauce

Flank Steak with black beans and rice

Always Available Items with new Curtis Stone Dishes

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2290854

SHARE:

SHARE price: $39pp

Fantastic photo tour of SHARE:

Share Photo Tour, Emerald 12/19-12/27

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293492

Menu:

Charcuterie Platter

Jamón Iberico, Salami Finnochiona, Chicken Liver Parfait, House Pickles, Epi (sic)

APPETIZERS

Little Gems

Pickled Pearl Onion, Oro Blanco, Nasturtium Pesto

Shrimp Salad

Lemon Gel, Turnip, Citrus Salt, Brioche

Cavatelli

Beets, Castelmagno, Sun Choke, Brussel (sic) Sprout

Tagliatelle

Roasted Alaskan King Crab, Chili, Parsley

MAINS

Roast Turbot Whitefish Gratiné(sic)

Gruyere Crumb, White Vermouth, Mushroom Duxelles

Butter-Poached Lobster

Carmelized Endive, Endive Foam

Wild Mushroom Ragú

Cauliflower, Pine Nut, Bitter Green

Twice-Cooked Duck

Fennel, Bacon Jus, Parmesan Crumb

Beef Cheek Pie

Porcini Mushrooms, Buttery Pastry

Sides

Melted Leeks

Confit Egg Yolk, Brioche Breadcrumbs

Braised Kale

Snoked Ham, Crispy Shallots

Potato Gratin

Truffles, Cream

CHEESE

Bethmale

France, Honeycomb, Bauguette

La Gruta

Spain, Quince Paste, Toasted Pecan

Pantaleo

Italy, Pear "Mostarda", Black Pepper Cracker

Shaft Blue

California, Crab Apple (sic) "Mostarda", Chestnut Cracker

DESSERTS

Dark Chocolate Crémeux

Toasted Hazelnut Feuilletine, Burnt Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Ricotta Fritters

Spiced Pear Rum Compote, Crème Fraiche Ice Cream

Tarte au Citron Vert

Raspberry, Meringue, Granola

SHARE on Ruby: First Bites

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289388

To save on space I removed VibeGuys commentary, but he does a fantastic job reviewing each dish listed above, the link above is to his thread where you can read about each dish.

SHARE on Ruby: First Bites

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289388

To save on space I removed VibeGuys commentary, but he does a fantastic job reviewing each dish listed above, the link above is to his thread where you can read about each dish.

Yes, VibeGuy's commentary is well worth reading if you are planning on going to SHARE! :)

LuLu

Yes, VibeGuy's commentary is well worth reading if you are planning on going to SHARE! :)

LuLu

Agreed! Vibeguy made the menu come alive through his descriptive writing.

I'm looking forward to trying Share one day (no idea when)

Norris

We were just on the Diamond sailing from Sydney and although the menu on our sailing was different than what we were used to on pre-Curtis menus, it was not the same changes as mentioned in this or other threads.

For our 13 day trip, the "classic" every day always available choices were:

- Shrimp Cocktail

- Classic Caesar Salad

- Fettucine Alfredo in Parmesan Basket

- Grilled Salmon with Herb & Lemon Compound Butter

- Spice Rubbed Tri Tip Roast

The three new every day always available Curtis Stone items were:

- Chicken and Leek Pot Pie

- Roasted Pork Belly (w/homemade applesauce, potatoes, spinach)

- Veal Osso Bucco (w/Cannellini puree)

Most days, there was also a "chef's special" that was told to us by the waiter (the menu just said "Chef's Daily Special" on it). I don't remember all the specials, but some were interesting and others were simple items like meatloaf and fried chicken.

Edited by trabeler

We were just on the Diamond sailing from Sydney and although the menu on our sailing was different than what we were used to on pre-Curtis menus, it was not the same changes as mentioned in this or other threads.

For our 13 day trip, the "classic" every day always available choices were:

- Shrimp Cocktail

- Classic Caesar Salad

- Fettucine Alfredo in Parmesan Basket

- Grilled Salmon with Herb & Lemon Compound Butter

- Spice Rubbed Tri Tip Roast

The three new every day always available Curtis Stone items were:

- Chicken and Leek Pot Pie

- Roasted Pork Belly (w/homemade applesauce, potatoes, spinach)

- Veal Osso Bucco (w/Cannellini puree)

Most days, there was also a "chef's special" that was told to us by the waiter (the menu just said "Chef's Daily Special" on it). I don't remember all the specials, but some were interesting and others were simple items like meatloaf and fried chicken.

Thanks for the comments, I will be on the Diamond for two weeks in March. Cant wait!.

Do you remember if the outlets were US or AUS based?

I am not sure why I cannot edit my original message but here is the updated information on the 3 new dishes:

Mani-Mahi with curried plantains, cauliflower crisps, and passion fruit mustard

Pork Tenderloin with coconut sweet potato puree, caramelized pineapple, and roasted pepper jerk

Grilled Flank Steak with citrus black beans, aromatic rice, and avocado mojo vinaigrette.

Edited by Steelers0854

Losing the beef medallions would be a deal breaker for us - my wife eats those at least five nights out of a seven night cruise and the new items would not tempt her. The new "always available" sounds like serving leftovers to me.

If it continued we would switch over to our alternate cruise line RCI. Removing medallions from the menu has been tried in the past and guests complained very loudly not to do it. Hope that happens again before the fleet gets "Stoned." Now we only cruise RCI when Princess doesn't offer the cruise we want (like summertime in the Caribbean or sailing out of San Juan). Their steak isn't as good, but much better than no steak.

Losing the beef medallions would be a deal breaker for us - my wife eats those at least five nights out of a seven night cruise and the new items would not tempt her. The new "always available" sounds like serving leftovers to me.

If it continued we would switch over to our alternate cruise line RCI. Removing medallions from the menu has been tried in the past and guests complained very loudly not to do it. Hope that happens again before the fleet gets "Stoned." Now we only cruise RCI when Princess doesn't offer the cruise we want (like summertime in the Caribbean or sailing out of San Juan). Their steak isn't as good, but much better than no steak.

I really get upset as Princess continues to mettle with their menus. Like you I always liked the hamburgers on the always available or the salmon. I wouldn't eat anything of the new choices.

We are sailing on the Regal for 2 wks in Feb and then the Emerald for the TA in April. After reading the Curtis Stone menu there is really nothing there I like so I wouldn't be interested.

Does anyone know if these new menu items are on the Caribbean Princess yet? I've read conflicting accounts of which ships have had the new items rolled out and which haven't. We were on the CB about 8 weeks ago, but it was only for a 4 night cruise and we never went to the MDR. We're going back in about 6 weeks and now I'm curious if these new menus are in place since she's sailing a Caribbean route.

My big disappointment is the fettucine alfredo. I order it almost every night, even if just as a side to another entree. How hard can it be to keep that around? Pasta is one of the easiest dishes to make, and surely it can't be that expensive for them!

My big disappointment is the fettucine alfredo. I order it almost every night, even if just as a side to another entree. How hard can it be to keep that around? Pasta is one of the easiest dishes to make, and surely it can't be that expensive for them!

I think if you ask they will still make it for you. ;)

Does anyone know if these new menu items are on the Caribbean Princess yet? I've read conflicting accounts of which ships have had the new items rolled out and which haven't. We were on the CB about 8 weeks ago, but it was only for a 4 night cruise and we never went to the MDR. We're going back in about 6 weeks and now I'm curious if these new menus are in place since she's sailing a Caribbean route.

The 3 Curtis Stone items in the first post were on the 11/29/15 Caribbean Princess.

There was no salmon or beef medallions on the every night. The alfredo was available most nights, but not ALL nights. No tri-tip.

We were not thrilled with the Curtis Stone items. The pork tenderloin was OK. The other two were rejected by members of our dining group.

Honestly, it sounds like I would have preferred the "old" menus.

The 3 Curtis Stone items in the first post were on the 11/29/15 Caribbean Princess.

There was no salmon or beef medallions on the every night. The alfredo was available most nights' date=' but not ALL nights. No tri-tip.

We were not thrilled with the Curtis Stone items. The pork tenderloin was OK. The other two were rejected by members of our dining group.

Honestly, it sounds like I would have preferred the "old" menus.[/quote']

Hi Folks

Both Grandma (Elsie) and I are fond of Pork... but NEVER again will we order Mr Stones horror ... full of salt , undercooked , looked and tasted like it had been carved out of the rations the old sailors got soaked in a barrel of brine..

Never again anything from Mr Stone for us .. sorry

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

John, your description reflects my feeling about the flank steak.(I know you were referring to the pork, but it fits both dishes...I did think the pork was better than the beef).

I didn't try the fish, but after one bite our dining companion sent it back. Makes you wonder who thought these were great menu additions......

There was no salmon or beef medallions on the every night. The alfredo was available most nights' date=' but not ALL nights. No tri-tip.

Honestly, it sounds like I would have preferred the "old" menus.[/quote']

Well.....that sucks. Do you remember if the rest of the menu was the 'regular' rotation of stuff they typically have on a 7 night cruise?

And thanks for the info:)

There are still other selections on the dinner menu other than the three Stone dishes and the changed always available items.

We were able to get the fettucini on four occasions on the Regal.Just asked for it.

We also had the beef medallions on a lunch menu along with the salmon.

:)

Reading those choices, it appears that our pots-and-pans salesman -- er, sorry, I meant celebrity chef -- is philosophically opposed to green vegetables. Or practically any vegetable, for that matter. Swing and a miss, Curtis.

Princess is the one who purchases the meat and actually cooks the items. They also bear some responsibility in how the food tastes and is prepared!!

My friend just did the drink menu and recipes with NCL for the new Tobacco Road on the new cruise ship that is coming soon. They flew him over to with train the staff. He is very precise in the quality of his cocktails, the measurements and the ingredients. However, how the bartenders actually make the drinks is beyond his control once he leaves. If they take shortcuts or don't use the right ingredients then that will not actually be his fault.

I guess I'm in the minority because I think the new menu items sound amazing. I'm not a fan of most of the Princess menus in the main dining room and have gone whole cruises without having dinner in there so I look forward to trying something different for a change.

Well.....that sucks. Do you remember if the rest of the menu was the 'regular' rotation of stuff they typically have on a 7 night cruise?

And thanks for the info:)

I don't have enough experience on Princess to know what a "regular" rotation on a 7 night looks like.

They had an assortment of dished that changed nightly, a cluster that remained on the menu most (but not all) nights, and the Curtis Stone dishes that were on every night. We had the Alfredo on the menu 4 or 5 nights both as an appetizer and an entree.

I know that I had a nice salmon dish one night, steak and lobster on the second formal night, the Curtis Stone pork one night, the alfredo as an appetizer 3 times (I think), and ??? Probably beef or salmon, but I only remember the salmon once. Sorry that I can't be more accurate as to my choices. I do remember that each night the alfredo was on the menu, there was another entree that appealed to me.

I don't have enough experience on Princess to know what a "regular" rotation on a 7 night looks like.

They had an assortment of dished that changed nightly' date=' a cluster that remained on the menu most (but not all) nights, and the Curtis Stone dishes that were on every night. We had the Alfredo on the menu 4 or 5 nights both as an appetizer and an entree.

I know that I had a nice salmon dish one night, steak and lobster on the second formal night, the Curtis Stone pork one night, the alfredo as an appetizer 3 times (I think), and ??? Probably beef or salmon, but I only remember the salmon once. Sorry that I can't be more accurate as to my choices. I do remember that each night the alfredo was on the menu, there was another entree that appealed to me.[/quote']

These are the regular menus I was referring to http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Princess/EmeraldPrincess/ep_mdr_dinner.htm

They've been in place for several years I think. We typically don't go to the MDR but on our upcoming cruise we took a suite upsell, so I want to take advantage of the MDR room service option. That's the only reason I'm curious about the menus.

I think this is on the daily menu and has not been removed. PescadoAmarillo posted her menu from the Emerald a few days ago, and it was on there!