Bringing Liqueur Aboard

Lovincruisin1321

While it may not be covered by the Classic they most certainly have both benedictine and brandy so you could order at any bar but would just have to pay:(. You might luck out and find a friendly barman willing to pour a small one and include it:cool:

Wine is almost always inspected. Any liquor is destroyed and not returned. I found a bartender willing to pour me a B&B on my classic package.

I'm not sure what happens to liquor brought on at embarkation, but I know that if you bring liquor on at a port, they will (usually) ask you to leave it with them and then return it to you the last night of the cruise. Since some do B2B's, I suspect that the same would happen if you brought a bottle of liquor on board...they would store it for you until the last night.

Note...our experience is that more often than not, if you do bring a bottle or even multiple bottles of liquor on at ports, they don't care and let you just take it to your room. That happened to us last month on a caribbean cruise at three ports...just took the liquor to our room...in fact there was no place to check it, even if I wanted to. Your mileage may, of course, differ.

Celebrity policy is storage for alcoholic beverages brought on at ports. Agree they sometimes let you take it to your cabin. When checking they have a room when an attendant takes items - liquor, knives etc. - and gives you a receipt. They had hundreds of ULU knives on last cruise to Alaska in storage. A mess to get them back

Different policy on embarkation.

Celebrity policy is no liquor or liqueurs can be brought aboard. I bought a bottle of Red Vermouth in Key West and brought it aboard. Security confiscated it. I maintained that Vermouth is wine. Security called the Beverage Manager while I waited and he said, no, Vermouth is a liqueur per Celebrity policy. The bottle was returned to me the night before disembarkation.

I suppose it is possible to sneak one aboard if security is not paying attention.

Celebrity policy is no liquor or liqueurs can be brought aboard. I bought a bottle of Red Vermouth in Key West and brought it aboard. Security confiscated it. I maintained that Vermouth is wine. Security called the Beverage Manager while I waited and he said, no, Vermouth is a liqueur per Celebrity policy. The bottle was returned to me the night before disembarkation.

I suppose it is possible to sneak one aboard if security is not paying attention.

It's not sneaking....I had one security scanner person in Bali ask me if it was a bottle of liquor in my bag. I said yes. He asked me to step to the desk behind him so that the ship could hold it until I departed. I said sure...no problem. Picked up my bag and....there was no desk, there was no one behind him to even ask or give it to.

In the caribbean, they seemed to care less what you were carrying....I carried bottles on in bags marked with the liquor store name and the tops of the bottles showing. They were paying attention to the scanner....just waved me through.

BTW...we didn't open anything we bought ashore...I bought things I wanted to take home. There are still some terrific buys on some high end liquors, especially in St Maartin.

Celebrity policy is storage for alcoholic beverages brought on at ports. Agree they sometimes let you take it to your cabin. When checking they have a room when an attendant takes items - liquor, knives etc. - and gives you a receipt. They had hundreds of ULU knives on last cruise to Alaska in storage. A mess to get them back

Different policy on embarkation.

I've never heard of spirits (or excess wine) being confiscated and destroyed, at embarkation, or port -- if they were sealed, in their original bottle. What X DOES destroy are rum-runners, mouthwash bottles, etc., that have alcohol in them.

Oh, and you don't have to bring on anything as scary as an ulu knife to have it confiscated at embarkation. My favorite Pedrini corkscrew was confiscated at Port Everglades. They decided that the 1/2" foil cutter on it was a (no joke) "folding knife". :rolleyes: BTW -- we did get them to return it to us, once we were onboard.

I've never heard of spirits (or excess wine) being confiscated and destroyed, at embarkation, or port -- if they were sealed, in their original bottle. What X DOES destroy are rum-runners, mouthwash bottles, etc., that have alcohol in them.

Oh, and you don't have to bring on anything as scary as an ulu knife to have it confiscated at embarkation. My favorite Pedrini corkscrew was confiscated at Port Everglades. They decided that the 1/2" foil cutter on it was a (no joke) "folding knife". :rolleyes: BTW -- we did get them to return it to us, once we were onboard.

slightly off topic...I had a gum massager confiscated by TSA...I guess I could grab the pilot from behind, put the gum massager by his mouth and threaten to massage his gums if he didn't do what I asked.

Yes, sometimes they are irrational in what they take. At least you got your corkscrew back....I'm out one gum massager :)

If you plan on drinking B&B you might want to consider just upgrading your drink package to the Premium. Just 2 of those B&Bs per day would make up for that upgrade cost. And once aboard it is possible to just upgrade one person (rather then both in a cabin).

Hnak

slightly off topic...I had a gum massager confiscated by TSA...I guess I could grab the pilot from behind, put the gum massager by his mouth and threaten to massage his gums if he didn't do what I asked.

Yes, sometimes they are irrational in what they take. At least you got your corkscrew back....I'm out one gum massager :)

ROTFLMAO -- Now, I have to go find my bottle of screen cleaner! :D

Have used Rum-Runners on over 70 cruises, and never had one confiscated yet.

AGree, I have never heard of them confiscating liquor and then destroying it. That's why they call you to the "naughty room" to explain you can pick it up at the end of the cruise.

We purchased a limited edition bottle of Crown Royal in Alaska before our cruise for home consumption. When we boarded we were directed to "take it to the table over there" Well, the guy at the table was snoozing and we walked right past him. In Canada we purchased some ice wine and were instructed to take it to the "bar right over there". Well, there was no bar over there and we just continued to the elevators.

I'm guessing they are more concerned with some cruises, especially short Caribbean cruises during spring break than they are with cruises where the majority of passengers are over 30.

We purchased a limited edition bottle of Crown Royal in Alaska before our cruise for home consumption. When we boarded we were directed to "take it to the table over there" Well, the guy at the table was snoozing and we walked right past him. In Canada we purchased some ice wine and were instructed to take it to the "bar right over there". Well, there was no bar over there and we just continued to the elevators.

I'm guessing they are more concerned with some cruises, especially short Caribbean cruises during spring break than they are with cruises where the majority of passengers are over 30.

Now that so many people have drink packages it actually SAVES the cruiseline money if people buy liquor onshore and bring it back to drink on the ship...assuming those who do so have drink packages.

I am sure the OP is not a high school or college kid. We have plenty of money to go on cruises. Why try the frat boy stuff of trying to sneak booze on board? The rule is 2 bottles of wine. Do you encourage your kids or grand kids to break rules? Of course not. Why do it yourself?