Entertainment on Riviera

KyRoamer

What time do the shows usually start?

We have specialty dining reservations in all four specialty restaurants. If we want to make the shows, is 7:30 a safer time for diner?

How is the entertainment? Any favorite shows? Is there a schedule of entertainment showing what shows, what days, what times, etc. We are on the seven day, March 13-20, Colorful Caribbean cruise.

What time do the shows usually start?

We have specialty dining reservations in all four specialty restaurants. If we want to make the shows, is 7:30 a safer time for diner?

How is the entertainment? Any favorite shows? Is there a schedule of entertainment showing what shows, what days, what times, etc. We are on the seven day, March 13-20, Colorful Caribbean cruise.

Shows usually start at 9:30pm. If you are not one to linger over dinner the way I do, you should be able to make the shows. The shows are okay but you can find quite a few threads that tell you O is not known for great shows. There is a sweet surprise at the end of the show on the last night.

Edited by cruisingxpert

The entertainment is low key on Oceania

there are 4 production shows

but usually a schedule not published way ahead it will be in the CURRENTS the night before

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/life-on-board/entertainment/

For a quick dinner (about 1 hr) we usually ask for a 2 top & tell the waiter we would like to be done in time for the show

Not sure what the sweet surprise is other than they introduce the key member of the crew EG:Chef, cooks etc

Edited by LHT28

Thanks.

Any issue with getting good seats.? We are in an A2 cabin. How early should we arrive before show time?

Unless things have change since we were onboard, there is no priority seating - just come - first served. So, if you get there a bit early (15 - 30 minutes), you should be able to get just about any seat you want.

Dinner on O is a very leisurely process. The expectation is that people order lots and lots of courses and enjoy nice conversation over a fine dinner. Eating is the biggest activity on board. Allow a minimum of two hours for dinner.

I've never had a problem getting a seat in the theatre ten to fifteen minutes before other than the farewell show and crew recognition.

The shows are a matter of taste, and I've been disappointed in the quality. On a recent Riviera cruise, one show starred a juggler, another a pickpocket, which are not my cup of tea on an upscale line. The production shows are high on hi tech bells and whistles, but no standout talent. In contrast, I recall many production shows on Celebrity when individual performers received standing ovations. But judging from the audience reception at many shows, my view may be a minority one.

Harry

Oceania is in the process of changing their entertainment. I think that more passengers will be happy with the direction that Oceania is going.

I for one wasn't that crazy about it. Seemed to be the same old semi/amateur Broadway rehashes that mass market lines are starting to get rid of. Just off 7 days on Celebrity and they didn't have one Broadway style show. They used to have them about 4 out of 7 nights.

This is not one instance where Oceania is leading.

Attend a live classical concert under the stars, the notes gently wafting through the misty night.

Does this type of entertainment really occur? On a Caribbean cruise? I'd love it! :)

Also on a Caribbean cruise...Is there any sun deck music during the day?

Does this type of entertainment really occur? On a Caribbean cruise? I'd love it! :)

Also on a Caribbean cruise...Is there any sun deck music during the day?

The live concert must be new I have never seen one before (last Caribbean cruise 2014 )

They have muzak by the pool all day or at least on past cruises

who knows now :eek:

Edited by LHT28

I'd much rather have some soothing Reggae than a house band playing loud, current music. That's what Celebrity is doing now. It's either piped in or the house band or trio blast away the tunes. :rolleyes: I'd like to hear a little Red, Red Wine or Yellow Bird as I relax in the outdoors while reading my books. :D

Edited by Iamthesea