Liberty of the Seas Drydock

I'm kind of surprised the Boomerang is stainless steel. I know it was that way in the example posted of the same slide inside, but the promo shots showed it blue. Seems kind of hot in the sun:eek:

I think it is Fiberglass and the gel coat is grey in paint colour. If it was actual stainless it would most likely weight more than Fiberglas and being that high it may not help stability. If done in Fiberglass it will be cooler as well compared to metal.

"Back in the Day" pre DW I dated a girl who's parents owned a Fiberglass company that made water slides. It was pretty cool. They shipped them all over the world. They also made some of the large Fiberglass dinosaurs at Universal Studios in Orlando for the Jurassic Park Ride. They had quite the shop. They made me their products, but the slides were their main product.

Looks like so much fun! Me and my family will be wearing those slides out! ;) I sure hope someone is live-posting from the Feb 7 sailing.. I want to follow along!

1 month from today I board!

I'm hoping for as many live or after the fact posts as I can get. Although I'm partial to 2nd sailing on Feb. 14th since that will be the same itinerary as my upcoming sailing.

I think it is Fiberglass and the gel coat is grey in paint colour. If it was actual stainless it would most likely weight more than Fiberglas and being that high it may not help stability. If done in Fiberglass it will be cooler as well compared to metal.

"Back in the Day" pre DW I dated a girl who's parents owned a Fiberglass company that made water slides. It was pretty cool. They shipped them all over the world. They also made some of the large Fiberglass dinosaurs at Universal Studios in Orlando for the Jurassic Park Ride. They had quite the shop. They made me their products, but the slides were their main product.

Just seems like an odd color to choose.

100% agree. Gray doesn't say WOW to me either.

Perhaps they will be adding a colour later to the metal slide, at least on the outside (similar to the slide in this photo). Mind you, that is something they could/should have done before assembly.

csm_TI_WATERSLIDE7_RGB__1__7b58e1f210-e1428977682283-1240x922.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Perhaps they will be adding a colour later to the metal slide, at least on the outside (similar to the slide in this photo). Mind you, that is something they could/should have done before assembly.

csm_TI_WATERSLIDE7_RGB__1__7b58e1f210-e1428977682283-1240x922.jpg

Very good point. I do think though that they would want a product that requires minimal maintenance especially at that height. I would not want to be the maintenance guy paintin at that height.

From royals website

NEW The first Tidal WaveSM waterslide at sea, along with it's two counterparts Cyclone and Typhoon, it's The Perfect Storm

FlowRider[emoji768] surf simulator

Rock-climbing wall

Ice-skating rink

Mini-golf course

Full-sized basketball court

States mini golf is still there

I'm kind of surprised the Boomerang is stainless steel. I know it was that way in the example posted of the same slide inside, but the promo shots showed it blue. Seems kind of hot in the sun:eek:

It is indoors though. I think that would make a big difference

The slide at Labadee is metal. I went down it a few times. It didn't feel hot at all. Of course, that's probably because of the water. ;)

From royals website

NEW The first Tidal WaveSM waterslide at sea, along with it's two counterparts Cyclone and Typhoon, it's The Perfect Storm

FlowRider[emoji768] surf simulator

Rock-climbing wall

Ice-skating rink

Mini-golf course

Full-sized basketball court

States mini golf is still there

In November the Hotel Director said they were going to try to find a place to put the mini golf, but it's not on the recent deck plans. Tomorrow someone should be able to tell us[emoji1]

Never been over there. I guess it's fine then

Me neither, I just make it to barefoot beach. We do have a good source of info though. I guess in a few days we will be getting reports from cruisers who rode the slides.

52 and ready to hit those slides! We are booked for Nov 2016 and in the process of changing our May 8th to April 24th. Keeping our fingers crossed that the new Galveston terminal will be completed in 13 weeks.

What new terminal in galveston?