We're on the Emerald and....it's all good!!

svend52

Seems like there was a little "bad press" recently about the Emerald after her dry dock. We boarded yesterday for our 4th on the Emerald and the AC works, the toilets flush, the food is great, the staff is fantastic and I'm doing a pretty good job keeping up with the all-inclusive beverage package! We feel like we're home again and...it's all good!

Seems like there was a little "bad press" recently about the Emerald after her dry dock. We boarded yesterday for our 4th on the Emerald and the AC works, the toilets flush, the food is great, the staff is fantastic and I'm doing a pretty good job keeping up with the all-inclusive beverage package! We feel like we're home again and...it's all good!

Thanks for the positive news! Good news is always welcome!

Just Mike

Great to hear things are good on the Emerald Princess. Have been reading some comments about things wrong on the ship. However I don't really believe what a lot of people say till I experience it myself. Looking forward to sailing on the Emerald Princess for the first time Jan. 30,2016 on the Princess cruise line.

What deck are you on? It makes a big difference sometimes.

We're on the Emerald deck (E731) and the new beds are great. We've been in this cabin before and noticed that since we were here last they've put in a connecting door to E729. Just an FYI for anyone considering traveling with family or friends looking for adjacent rooms. Looking forward to a quiet sea day today on our way to Grand Turk.

There are two times we won't sail: the early cruises on a new ship and cruises immediately following a dry dock. Both planned (last minute stuff they didn't get to before sailing) and unplanned issues can arise. Glad to see your experience on the Emerald is up to par!

We got off the Emerald on Monday and agree with your observations. I thought the ship was in fabulous condition. The beds were super comfortable. The food was superb. We did have a fire while at sea one night (which was a bit frightening but the Captain did an excellent job in keeping everyone updated and with the exception of some interrupted sleep, that's about all we felt from it). Apparently there was a fire in the incinerator room (deck 3). The crew worked swiftly to put out the fire and smoke. It was about 30 minutes until all was clear.

One thing I was disappointed in was the cruise director and his staff. They really weren't all that upbeat. Actually, the cruise director was lousy, imo. There was a gal from the cruise director staff from Australia (she did Bingo) and was terrific. She was funny, entertaining, and bubbly.

Other than that, the service was top notch, and I look forward to my next Princess cruise. I really like that Princess is tapping into the 4 and 5 day cruising market. It was so wonderful to take a 4 night cruise to somewhere other than Cozumel. We went to Grand Cayman. I hope they continue these shorter "getaway" cruises.

I also disembarked on Monday. One of my best experiences on Princess so far. I agree with

Previous poster. Beds were super comfy, Food was exceptional. I also ate at the Salty Dog Pub and it was excellent. The maitre' d, Sammir made the experience especially pleasant. We also ate in The CROWNE Grill. No surprise here, excellent food and service as always.

Yes there was Gelato at the IC

The fire incident was super scary to me as I was traveling alone, but Captain Forteze did an awesome job keeping us all informed and calm.