Sofa bed & Bedding

KimboJam

We are a family of 4 with 2 sons, 19 & 21. 1 is 6'1 230lbs and other is 5'11 150lbs. Will they fit on pulled out sofa bed? We are booked for July 2016 on Anthem Superior balcony cabin on deck 13. I am debating whether or not to change our cabin to 2 rooms, maybe a balcony with connected interior? Has anyone changed cabins like this? Was it a hassle? Also, has anyone brought their own bed pillows/body pillows on ship? Any problems with that?

We are a family of 4 with 2 sons, 19 & 21. 1 is 6'1 230lbs and other is 5'11 150lbs. Will they fit on pulled out sofa bed? We are booked for July 2016 on Anthem Superior balcony cabin on deck 13. I am debating whether or not to change our cabin to 2 rooms, maybe a balcony with connected interior? Has anyone changed cabins like this? Was it a hassle? Also, has anyone brought their own bed pillows/body pillows on ship? Any problems with that?

I don't think that two boys that size would be comfortable in a sofa bed. I'd go for either the two staterooms, or one with at least a pullman/sofa combo, or two pullmans.

I sleep on the sofa bed (the near-double size) when I cruise with my parents. Although 2 adults would theoretically fit on the sofa bed, it would not be comfortable in my opinion. I would suggest 2 rooms if available and not priced too high.

My sister and friend bring their own bed pillows on cruises with no issues. I like body pillows, but make do with the extra pillows others aren't using or request a few extra ones.

I was thinking of keeping it closed and having air bed on floor. Would room steward do that?

I don't understand. You have two sons. Where are they going to sleep?

If you mean BOTH of them on the air mattress, NO air mattress for two is going to fit in the cabin EVER.

And if you mean one on the sofa NOT unfolded and one on a small air mattress........ <shudder>

Take my word for it. These cabins do NOT have abundant floor space.

My heartfelt recommendation is to get two cabins. You'll thank me for it. :D

We stopped putting two kids on the sofa bed when they were 9 and 11, they barely fit then. We opted for connecting outsides last few cruises, 2 bathrooms and we can tell when the kids haven't made it in for the night yet😁

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Karen, her home is listed as "NY" and the Anthem sails out of Bayonne, New Jersey.

Thanks.

We are driving there - live a bit over an hour away

Thanks.

I also vote for two cabins. Our family of four barely fit in one balcony cabin with a sofa bed (2 grown children) but we had to do it this way if we were all going to vacation together.

How about an air mattress? We have a pretty comfy one. Do you think RCI would give me any grief?

If you were meaning to put air mattress on the floor in addition to the sofa bed, making two beds, I doubt there would be room. Cabin is not that big.

Highly recommend two cabins. If not possible, look for a cabin with Pullman beds. My college-aged kids slept on the Pullman's. Much better than sofa bed.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but now I'm wondering.......I am putting my 3 adult children in a junior suite on the Independence of the Seas, are they going to be comfortable? Or is there going to be a sibling rivalry about who sleeps where?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but now I'm wondering.......I am putting my 3 adult children in a junior suite on the Independence of the Seas, are they going to be comfortable? Or is there going to be a sibling rivalry about who sleeps where?

That should be fine. The beds separate and then there is the sofa bed. Each person will have their own bed with lots of space.

Put the kids in an inside. Doesn't need to connect (I thought only Voyager and Freedom classes had those balcony connected to interior cabins anyway). Everyone will be so much happier and more comfortable.

Put the kids in an inside. Doesn't need to connect (I thought only Voyager and Freedom classes had those balcony connected to interior cabins anyway). Everyone will be so much happier and more comfortable.

This. A thousand times, this!

The price for two in an inside cabin is going to be darn close to the price of the third and fourth person in a balcony cabin, and you'll have TWICE the space and TWICE the shower/toilet space and TWICE the privacy, plus everyone gets their own bed!

If you want a relaxing family vacation where everyone still likes everyone at the end of the week, GET ANOTHER CABIN!!!!

Another vote for 2 rooms. Plus, then you can take 4 bottles of wine :D

Just book the kids in an interior room across the hall. They will also not wake you up when they come in at the wee hours of the morning.;)

We are cruising Anthem with my DD (will be 12), and my DS (Almost 18) and we booked 2 balcony rooms next to each other in order to connect them from the balcony. We were initially going to put them in an inside room, but Cyber Monday Bonus OBC on Balcony rooms, made the difference just worth it to have the room next door.

dp