Too much mail!

Iamthesea

Has anyone had any success in stopping the Oceania flyers, brochures, and catalogs from coming in the mail...weekly (sometimes 3 times a week?) It is really getting ridiculous!

Today, my daughter brought over the nice catalog that DH and I received in the mail earlier in the week. She tells me that she is getting all this mail, as well. She has never been on or shown any interest in Oceania Cruises. :confused: We cannot figure out why she would be receiving it, and DH and I are tired of receiving it. I looked on Oceania's website and did not see anyplace to unsubscribe to the mail. :(

Help...this is almost as worse than the daily calls from Omaha Steaks! :rolleyes:

Has anyone had any success in stopping the Oceania flyers, brochures, and catalogs from coming in the mail...weekly (sometimes 3 times a week?) It is really getting ridiculous!

Today, my daughter brought over the nice catalog that DH and I received in the mail earlier in the week. She tells me that she is getting all this mail, as well. She has never been on or shown any interest in Oceania Cruises. :confused: We cannot figure out why she would be receiving it, and DH and I are tired of receiving it. I looked on Oceania's website and did not see anyplace to unsubscribe to the mail. :(

Help...this is almost as worse than the daily calls from Omaha Steaks! :rolleyes:

Don't get any calls from Omaha Steaks, thank you very much, but I like reading the mail from Oceania. Sometimes it shows price changes or other perks. Different strokes for different folks. Good to know that you can stop it if you want.

Don't ever order any steaks from Omaha Steaks and you should not be bothered. ;) We have received a call from them every day for the last year after ordering steaks through the Today Show as a Christmas promo. Have asked them to take us off the call list. Even come close to telling them that the person they were trying to contact is dead. :D

I do not mind an occasional booklet or brochure in the mail, but 3 or so a week is way too much. And when they somehow get a hold of the address of a relative, that's pushing it too far!

Besides, by the time those brochures with price changes, etc. go out, I either already know about them through CC, or the prices are no longer available. ;)

Thank you for the link for unsubscribing, LHT28. :)

Don't ever order any steaks from Omaha Steaks and you should not be bothered. ;) We have received a call from them every day for the last year after ordering steaks through the Today Show as a Christmas promo. Have asked them to take us off the call list. Even come close to telling them that the person they were trying to contact is dead. :D

I do not mind an occasional booklet or brochure in the mail, but 3 or so a week is way too much. And when they somehow get a hold of the address of a relative, that's pushing it too far!

Besides, by the time those brochures with price changes, etc. go out, I either already know about them through CC, or the prices are no longer available. ;)

Thank you for the link for unsubscribing, LHT28. :)

Get our steaks at Costco and they are wonderful. Just like to get mail and read all about the cruises. I think we are on the same cruise, 2/12 from Miami. Hope to see you there and we can discuss all these things. :):)

You and my husband would get along great. :) He reads everyone of them, but does agree that they are becoming excessive. I told him that the mailman must think I am a travel agent. :D

I think that Oceania could pay for us to go on a cruise with the cost of their paper waste. Looking forward to meeting you, too. The RC is quiet. I do hope we plan to meet up somewhere. ;)

PS - Omaha steaks were not great. We do not have a Costco.

Edited by Iamthesea

So far in my cruising career, which only began in 2008, I have sailed with one cruise line that sends too many brochures and emails, Oceania, and one cruise line from whom I repeatedly beg to receive brochures (one a year if I am lucky) and email (never ever get).

Fortunately I love the onboard experience with both, but certainly the two lines are a contrast in communications. All in all, I would prefer to receive too much rather than too little.

Only three weeks more until we all sail!

It not only has to do with my getting too much mail from Oceania, but it's the paper waste and cost to send these brochures out. :( Sometimes that's all that is in the mailbox. :D

At least you have not made a wasted trip to the mailbox. All kidding aside, probably too many now. Right after the merger they stopped sending any out and people complained that they were not getting any. Oceania must think that they work because right after FDR was back in charge they started coming again. Must be somewhere in between that is good. Above my pay grade.

Yes

just go to the link on their webpage

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/changeofaddress/

it does take several weeks before they stop but they did stop

Or call & asked to be taken off the list

Thank you so much for posting this address again! I too have been getting multiple mailings a week, and as much as I loved O, I probably won't sail with them again. It will be interesting to see how soon the mailings stop.

Thank you so much for posting this address again! I too have been getting multiple mailings a week, and as much as I loved O, I probably won't sail with them again. It will be interesting to see how soon the mailings stop.

I do not understand? You will not sail with them because you are getting too much mail? Can you share your reason? :confused::confused::confused:

Well, I'm glad to receive the brochures. Gives me an opportunity to review and make decisions as to where I should go next. I know, I must be strange, but I'm not. Ha Ha

Nice thing is, they have lots of options. :D

Just pitch them or better yet, pass them on to friends and family. They might be interested. Just think how many donation requests you receive as well as grocery and drug store ads.

Have you watched TV and seen the ads for medications with the massive disclaimers? Reading about trips is much more interesting. ;)

So true about the TV ads! My husband said there should be a law about having those commercials (erectile dysfunction, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.) on the TV during the dinner hour (Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy) :D

At least you have not made a wasted trip to the mailbox.

Haha...I have made a few wasted trips to the mailbox only to find an O brochure, and my mailman came close to running over the dog in my driveway, just to deliver an Oceania catalog the other day. My driveway is very long and we sit up on a hill. We also get Regent things. Celebrity and RCCL send things about once a month, which is tolerable.

Well, glad I could give some a few laughs, while helping others find a way to hopefully stop the advertisements. ;) I have filled out the forms for both myself and my daughter. :)

I do not understand? You will not sail with them because you are getting too much mail? Can you share your reason? :confused::confused::confused:

Absolutely no connection with the mail issue. My husband no longer wishes to travel, and O's single supplement is too much for me as a solo cruiser. I'd go on O again on a heartbeat!

Absolutely no connection with the mail issue. My husband no longer wishes to travel, and O's single supplement is too much for me as a solo cruiser. I'd go on O again on a heartbeat!

Sorry about that. I did not mean to pry. Just thought that something was wrong with O.

Oh don't get me started. Between them and Regent it is a total waste.,I have called, and they still come. We don't even open them, and think of all the money that would be saved with all this junk. They are the only real abusers as far as cruise lines and junk mail.then you have to run your name and address through the shredder. If they would send a nice one maybe twice a year that would be fine.

Edited by Merriem

LOL, It would be nice if the good Mr. More could get his computers to talk to each other! There is nothing like coming home from an extended Oceania cruise and find the kitchen table stacked up with all the Oceania brochures received while you're gone. Hey guys!! You now where I'm at, on your ship!!!:rolleyes: Why are you sending me all this crap to my house??:rolleyes:

Here's something for consideration! Just imagine all the Oceania brochures and pamphlets all the RTW cruisers are getting weekly now, delivered to their homes! :p How much you want to bet Mr. More doesn't slow it down a bit? Imagine six months of the stuff piled on the kitchen table awaiting their return!

Oh don't get me started. Between them and Regent it is a total waste.,I have called, and they still come. We don't even open them, and think of all the money that would be saved with all this junk. They are the only real abusers as far as cruise lines and junk mail.then you have to run your name and address through the shredder. If they would send a nice one maybe twice a year that would be fine.

We did like the pretty new Voyage Collection catalog with gold emblem seahorse on the front. Put it on my coffee table. ;) Also loved the cruise ship/itinerary insert.

I have pleaded and threatened social media war if they didn't stop sending pounds of paper to me! I think now, almost one year later it has stopped! Absolutely ridiculous!!

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fell off the mailing list mysteriously and have tried multiple times over a 2 year period to get back on it without any success. I did give up. :) I do miss getting the new destination brochures automatically when they come out though but know they can be ordered online.

I fell off the mailing list mysteriously and have tried multiple times over a 2 year period to get back on it without any success. I did give up. :) I do miss getting the new destination brochures automatically when they come out though but know they can be ordered online.

I used to get 4 or 5 a week, now I get none. I actually like to get them. It was supposed to be fixed but it's not. Oh well.