Host Andy - Live From Azamara Journey !

Andy

Hi, I dont have a twitter account but do the majority of people wear white?

People try and wear something light coloured or white - but it does not have to be all white - even a white scarf or beads will do. Some go white all the way but quite a lot of people do not.

I do not, in ANY way, want to cast any aspersions on your wonderful trip, Andy. But I am known in my group of acquaintances as somebody who watches and observes everything that happens and is said. There is a first-time Azamara cruiser on this board who was willing to use their internet time to share their experiences with us. They are the ones who had packed very lightly in anticipation of being able to do laundry onboard, but were having to send it out. They didn't indicate that they had been informed that laundry would be done free while the washing machines weren't able to be used.

Please don't "poo-poo" their experience as unimportant, I imagine that until they knew they wouldn't be having to spend money for something they hadn't planned on, that was a stressful situation. It was important to them.

I do not, in ANY way, want to cast any aspersions on your wonderful trip, Andy. But I am known in my group of acquaintances as somebody who watches and observes everything that happens and is said. There is a first-time Azamara cruiser on this board who was willing to use their internet time to share their experiences with us. They are the ones who had packed very lightly in anticipation of being able to do laundry onboard, but were having to send it out. They didn't indicate that they had been informed that laundry would be done free while the washing machines weren't able to be used.

Please don't "poo-poo" their experience as unimportant, I imagine that until they knew they wouldn't be having to spend money for something they hadn't planned on, that was a stressful situation. It was important to them.

I'm sorry but I do not see the point of this post, except to stir the pot. Surely, it is for the people concerned to comment further on this, if they should so wish.

I'm sorry but I do not see the point of this post, except to stir the pot. Surely, it is for the people concerned to comment further on this, if they should so wish.

Neither do I, but maybe we are not strong enough listeners and observers??[emoji4]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6 met Tapatalk

what I don't get is the people that are complaining are those who have never been at Azamara, maybe they are just doing it for some weird purpose? But they are kind of annoying and I think that the guests on board right now are old enough to complain and it is rude to write things like PAM or the other guy that started complaining and mysteriously enough has disappeared from the thread (Thank God) if they don't like how Host Andy is having fun an telling what is happening just stop reading and posting Pam and mcomd508, and by the way kaz sounds very happy right now

I never, ever meant to come across the way all of you are reading! I have been the first-time cruiser who was afraid to voice any problem, and I am still the timid cruiser who asks questions and notices the first timers. But since I am perceived as a Negative Nellie, I'll apologize profusely, and be far quieter like I started out.

... who have never been at Azamara, maybe they are just doing it for some weird purpose? But they are kind of annoying ...

EXACTLY ... they probably have never been on Azamara ... do not have a cruise scheduled on Azamara in the near future ... and merely cruise the boards to stir up trouble. :mad: Anyone that has experienced Azamara knows full well just how great the experience is and just how quickly Azamara's crew will hustle to address any problems or complaints.

People try and wear something light coloured or white - but it does not have to be all white - even a white scarf or beads will do. Some go white all the way but quite a lot of people do not.

Thanks for this. I bought a white shift with crochet overlay dress in the summer (and dare I say this from F&F in Tescos) and intend to wear this with my white strappy sandals although how long the heels will stay on is another matter. I just don't want to look out of place.

I must confess that it has always been a total mystery to me that people are prepared to pay thousands of pounds (or dollars) for a cruise, yet will not pay what seems to me to be a very reasonable cost to have their laundry done. It is about $20 or so to "stuff a bag" and we can sure get a lot of laundry in those bags between us! It all comes back beautifully washed and pressed too. Who would want to spend their valuable time in that laundry room when you could be sipping a cocktail on deck? Not me, that's for sure! :D

Anyway, while the laundry was out of commission Azamara were doing it all for free and I am sure the cabin stewards would have informed people of that fact.

Incidentally Pam, I don't think you are stirring the pot at all, but you haven't yet experienced the Azamara way of doing things. Those of us who have done that know that this would really be a non issue onboard. Please don't worry about asking genuine questions - it's the moaners about really trivial things and the compensation seekers that are irritating us all.

I really hope we can get back to Andy's lovely thread now ....can't wait to hear about White Night. :D

EXACTLY ... they probably have never been on Azamara ... do not have a cruise scheduled on Azamara in the near future ... and merely cruise the boards to stir up trouble. :mad: Anyone that has experienced Azamara knows full well just how great the experience is and just how quickly Azamara's crew will hustle to address any problems or complaints.

I frequent the Celebrity board, but not as much as I used to there for this very reason. Way too many "experts" with little or no actual experience. Thankfully there doesn't appear to be too many here and I hope that continues.

Phil

I must confess that it has always been a total mystery to me that people are prepared to pay thousands of pounds (or dollars) for a cruise, yet will not pay what seems to me to be a very reasonable cost to have their laundry done.

For me, it's not the cost but the hot water and hot dryers.

(on the other hand, I'm fond of telling people that the reason I can afford to take some of the vacations I do is that I'm frugal in so many other ways :p Different strokes for different folks....It doesn't strike me as odd at all to spend $2500 on the cabin but prefer not to pay $20 for a bag of laundry or a 500% markup on a bottle of wine, or whatever other thing people think we should just pay for because why not....)

For me, it's not the cost but the hot water and hot dryers.

(on the other hand, I'm fond of telling people that the reason I can afford to take some of the vacations I do is that I'm frugal in so many other ways :p Different strokes for different folks....It doesn't strike me as odd at all to spend $2500 on the cabin but prefer not to pay $20 for a bag of laundry or a 500% markup on a bottle of wine, or whatever other thing people think we should just pay for because why not....)

I have never had any clothing affected by the hot water or driers on Azamara but then I would just hand wash something very delicate....or wait until I got home. I love getting my linen trousers back perfectly pressed....I don't know how they manage to get all the creases out. :)

And your "frugality" is of course, your choice....just saying it's still a mystery to me why $20 for a big bag of laundry would be such an issue to some when the cruise itself costs thousands? Not my way but of course.....to each his own.

I have never had any clothing affected by the hot water or driers on Azamara but then I would just hand wash something very delicate....or wait until I got home. I love getting my linen trousers back perfectly pressed....I don't know how they manage to get all the creases out. :)

And your "frugality" is of course, your choice....just saying it's still a mystery to me why $20 for a big bag of laundry would be such an issue to some when the cruise itself costs thousands? Not my way but of course.....to each his own.

Hey Lottie, for some reason I want to call you the shoe queen! Is it really only $20 for a bag, thats £14 in our money. Do they fold the items when they return them? How much do they charge to wash and clean a pair of women's linen trousers? Or can you just send for pressing? SO many choices. I am soooooooooo looking forward to my cruise.

And they even make the beds - WOW - I so love returning to my room to see the bed made.

Having said that, how is it that every time we left our stateroom on the two previous cruises, it could be in a morning at no particular time or very early, we may have just popped upstairs for brekkie but always when we return the room has been cleaned and beds made? Even when we left late in the morning, there was never ever any knock on the door to see if we were there. Is there a secret light or something that tells the steward the room is empty?

I think Azamara will make it good for all. It started with free laundry because the self service don't work and maybe there is already more because of the late checkin and downgrades and so on.

Our last cruise we had big problems with customs in Puntarenas. It took 3hours. No fault of Azamara but all personal works hard to make it oke for us. When we came back from our excursions champagne in the bar with apologies and champagne in the diningroom with apologies even it was not their fault.

Hi Everyone,

Hello from Roseau, Dominica !

We continue to have a wonderful time onboard Azamara Journey. The weather has been fantastic - which we've been very fortunate. A few rain sprinkles here and there, but, for the most part, it's been very sunny... often with a beautiful breeze - which is sheer perfection for me.

White Night : We arrived about 20 minutes after the party began, due to our delicious Dinner at Aqualina. When we arrived, the Pool Deck was rocking and rolling. It seemed that most everyone attended White Night, as the deck was packed. We did not try any of the Caribbean themed food - as we just dined at Aqualina, but it all looked very tempting !

Regarding what to wear - the past Azamara guests answered it perfectly. Many wore white, but many others did not. I wore a multi-color shirt, and light tan pants. I never felt out of place. This is a very casual event, and I wouldn't worry much about what to wear. Just go, and have a fantastic time !

As usual, the event was attended by many of the Officers & Crew, along with Cruise Director Eric, who continues to impress. He has an outstanding voice, and his song selection kept everyone happily engaged. Eric managed to get the world's longest cruise train going, which marched around both levels of the Pool Deck - what fun ! A big shout out to Katy Monroe, the Journey band, and the entertainment team, all of which made for a fantastic evening, and everlasting memories.

FYI, I videotaped much of the evening's fun, and hope to post it on the 'net. However, due to the size of the file - it may have to wait until I return home.

More to come, please stay tuned !

Glad all is WELL!!!

When you get a chance , could you look at the TV and see about the cable issue? Also,possibly list the channels as there is supposed to be some new and is there a designated movie channel (FREE :) )

THANKS

Edited by fb0075

Hi Everyone,

A member asked if Azamara is offering Unlimited Internet. The answer is yes. The price works out to $35.00 per day. On this 11 night sailing, the price was $385.00. The package can only be purchased during the first 2 days of the Cruise, then it's gone. You must also purchase it for the entire cruise.

As best as I can tell, there is no additional discount for Le Club Voyage members. If I hear anything further on this, I will post again.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Glad all is WELL!!!

When you get a chance , could you look at the TV and see about the cable issue? Also,possibly list the channels as there is supposed to be some new and is there a designated movie channel (FREE :) )

THANKS

Hi Fb0075,

Here's the channel list :

Bridge View Channel

MSNBC

Sea TV

Azamara TV

Land Discoveries TV

TNT

ESPN2

BBC

ESPN

CNBC

Fox News

Sky News

As for Movies, there about 20-25 options, but all have a fee (11.99).

Regarding the jacks - I think it's not going to be good news. All of them appear to be at the back of the TV, with no access to them. I will inquire further on this, to see if there's any workaround.

Hope this helps !

.........Is it really only $20 for a bag, thats £14 in our money. Do they fold the items when they return them? How much do they charge to wash and clean a pair of women's linen trousers? Or can you just send for pressing? .....

Jarronwood - we were on Azamara just before Xmas and I am pretty sure the bag of laundry was $30. As previously mentioned, you can squash a lot of clothes in those bags! They say it is washed and folded, but ours arrived back on hangers and definitely ready to wear - no need for ironing (even linen items). Washing machines have timers and can be set on a short wash cycle which I think is 30 mins. Hope this helps.

Hey Lottie, for some reason I want to call you the shoe queen! Is it really only $20 for a bag, thats £14 in our money. Do they fold the items when they return them? How much do they charge to wash and clean a pair of women's linen trousers? Or can you just send for pressing? SO many choices. I am soooooooooo looking forward to my cruise.

And they even make the beds - WOW - I so love returning to my room to see the bed made.

Having said that, how is it that every time we left our stateroom on the two previous cruises, it could be in a morning at no particular time or very early, we may have just popped upstairs for brekkie but always when we return the room has been cleaned and beds made? Even when we left late in the morning, there was never ever any knock on the door to see if we were there. Is there a secret light or something that tells the steward the room is empty?

Josie....my friend would tell you that I'm really the "handbag queen" and it's my daughter that's the "shoe queen"! :)

When you send a bag of laundry on Azamara it comes back ironed and not just folded. I find they take even more care of my clothes than I do, but if you had something very delicate like silk I would probably not send it. I get one free laundry bag because of my loyalty club status but you can get loads of clothes in the about $20 "stuff a bag" .....I mean LOADS! I think it costs about $4 for a pair of trousers, but I may be wrong here as we prefer to save up our clothes and send them in the bag a few days into the cruise. There is a price list in your cabin.

When you leave your cabin for breakfast you just slip the "please service my room" card in the slot outside your door and it will usually be done when you arrive back. Not just making your bed but cleaning the whole cabin.

Also room service breakfast is much nicer than on other cruise lines, with items like Eggs Benedict as well as the usual items, so if you fancy a lie in and breakfast on your balcony, that's an option. You are going to have such a great time and I can feel your excitement! :)

Andy glad all is well and your having a wonderful time. Eric does indeed have a fabulous voice. White Night sounded like a lot of fun....have you seen Eric on roller skates yet? :D

" ... have you seen Eric on roller skates yet? :D"

A definite "Do Not Miss" ... highlight of the show! :D

" ... how is it that every time ... always when we return the room has been cleaned and beds made? Even when we left late in the morning, there was never ever any knock on the door to see if we were there. Is there a secret light or something that tells the steward the room is empty?"

Don't tell me that you haven't heard about Azamara's little, green elf that watches the halls to see when passengers go to breakfast ... and then lets your stateroom attendant know??? ;)