Host Andy - Live From Azamara Journey !

Andy

Hi Andy,

Could you check if the new menus have dietary needs indicated as per Celebrity?

I am Lactose Intolerant, so choose meals that have the symbol of a cow.

Coeliac ,Diabetic and Vegetarian passengers are also catered for.

Andy

Have an amazing cruise. I am so excited to follow this thread as my husband and I are on our first ever Azamara cruise on 4th June on Journey. We have had many many happy years cruising on the Celebrity S Class ships, which are our favourite, but now want to try something different.

Have a great time!

Hi Andy,

Could you check if the new menus have dietary needs indicated as per Celebrity?

I am Lactose Intolerant, so choose meals that have the symbol of a cow.

Coeliac ,Diabetic and Vegetarian passengers are also catered for.

Hi Upwarduk,

I will be happy to check for you - but knowing Azamara, I'd think folks with special dietary needs will be covered. Should be easy to see on the menus, or I'll ask the one of the Managers.

I am on the Journey at the end of February. Can't wait to see the new menus. I have been traveling with Azamara for 5 years and the menus have not changed (except to take Foie Gras off the menu). How many times can I have "Gin Fizzed Shrimp".

Dying to see the new menus.

Oh shoot...looks like you won't be sailing out during daylight hours.

My guess is, we probably won't sail before 7 or 8 pm. However, its very organized, sandwiches and pasta are being served for lunch, and some Azamara executives are greeting guests. Overall, they have done an excellent job of keeping us comfortable.

More updates later.

Edited by Host Andy

At least 7:00 or 8:00 sounds right. The waiting area is comfortable and well-organized. Glitches happen, and I'm sure that once we're aboard everything will be ship-shape. We were told that it's just a few suites that aren't quite ready and they decided to delay boarding until everyone could be "wowed".WIN_20160127_140035.jpg.8f89c0ee37a25a320650e517876c1671.jpg

I've just posted this statement on a separate thread...

"Boarding for Azamara Journey has been delayed until 5 pm today.

Azamara Journey just arrived to Port Miami this morning from the shipyard in Nassau, where it underwent an extensive drydock. Unfortunately, work at the shipyard was hampered by terrible weather. The process was also delayed when a number of containers with supplies did not arrive on time. Because of these unexpected issues, the ship requires additional time to prepare for guest’s arrival.

We sincerely regret that boarding has been delayed, and we are grateful for our guests’ patience and understanding. Our staff in Miami will do their very best to minimize any further inconvenience to them and our shipboard team looks forward to welcoming them onboard.

We hope our guests enjoy the changes we have made to Azamara Journey. The ship’s interior has been reimagined from bow to stern, with a complete upgrade of all guest staterooms as well as extensive redecorations of most of our public areas. The ship now has a new look and feel, setting a brighter, more contemporary ambience."

I've just posted this statement on a separate thread...

"Boarding for Azamara Journey has been delayed until 5 pm today.

Azamara Journey just arrived to Port Miami this morning from the shipyard in Nassau, where it underwent an extensive drydock. Unfortunately, work at the shipyard was hampered by terrible weather. The process was also delayed when a number of containers with supplies did not arrive on time. Because of these unexpected issues, the ship requires additional time to prepare for guest’s arrival.

We sincerely regret that boarding has been delayed, and we are grateful for our guests’ patience and understanding. Our staff in Miami will do their very best to minimize any further inconvenience to them and our shipboard team looks forward to welcoming them onboard.

We hope our guests enjoy the changes we have made to Azamara Journey. The ship’s interior has been reimagined from bow to stern, with a complete upgrade of all guest staterooms as well as extensive redecorations of most of our public areas. The ship now has a new look and feel, setting a brighter, more contemporary ambience."

Not to seem too picky, but the shipyard where the refurb was done is in Freeport, Bahamas, on the island of Grand Bahama, not Nassau, Bahamas, the capital and best known city in The Bahamas, which is on the island of New Providence. As one might imagine, there is a certain, mostly good-natured, rivalry between the two, so the shipyard folks might be a bit put out at the error.

Not to seem too picky, but the shipyard where the refurb was done is in Freeport, Bahamas, on the island of Grand Bahama, not Nassau, Bahamas, the capital and best known city in The Bahamas, which is on the island of New Providence. As one might imagine, there is a certain, mostly good-natured, rivalry between the two, so the shipyard folks might be a bit put out at the error.

You are SO RIGHT! The shipyard where the work was done should have read Freeport, on the island of Grand Bahama!

Hi Andy, I t has been a pleasure to access your dry dock thread and your first steps in the newly refurbished Journey. Jane (Mrs. Skip) and I are sailing from Singapore in April on the Quest following the dry-dock and we are really looking forward to the whole experience which you are capturing so well. Happy hols!!