Bringing Snacks

KimboJam

Does anyone bring their own snacks on board? Like chips, nuts, cookies, trail mix? Any suggestions for snacks that stand up to "cabin life" better than others?

We always bring a big plastic jar of cashews and roasted peanuts and a party size bag of M&Ms. They hold up pretty well. Nothing to crack, crumble, or spill.

Does anyone bring their own snacks on board? Like chips, nuts, cookies, trail mix? Any suggestions for snacks that stand up to "cabin life" better than others?

Most cruise lines have chips in the buffet around lunch time. There are plenty of nuts running around the ship, just pick one or two you like. Most cruise lines have cookies. Unless you count the running track, the promenade or the ropes courses, there are no trails on the ships.

PS - what is the record for the number of people posting at once. When I first looked nobody had responded. Now there are five.

Edited by Cuizer2

We usually bring some pre-wrapped packs of snack crackers -- you know, cheese crackers, peanut butter crackers. Whatever is left over (unopened) we leave for the cabin steward. We've been told more than once how much those snacks are appreciated. Maybe they were just being polite? We'll continue to leave them -- at least the attendant can have something in his cabin.

We also pack individual snack bags of trail mix or pistachios. We tend to spend time in our cabin in the afternoon relaxing, and like having snacks available, without having to traipse around the ship looking for something. And the nuts are healthier than coconut ranger cookies! The nuts, not necessarily the trail mix!

We bring some cashews, chocolate and sometimes prepackaged crackers or granola bars. Yes, there is always a lot of food around but sometimes we just want a few bites of something in the room. We usually never eat everything we take but it is nice to know it is there, ha

To answer the original question, though, I don't generally bring any snacks on with me, but there is one time that I brought a bag of Dove chocolates, to do our own version of turn-down "pillow chocolates" like they used to have. Other than that, the only snacks we have would be any leftovers from snacks we may have brought along for our travel to the port.

I can understand some wanting to do so, though. There is plenty of food around, but if you have a particular favorite, it can be nice to have that on hand. :)

WOW... I never thought there would be so many that brought snacks on board. When I first read the thread title I honestly told myself, "They must be crazy" ;)

I can truly say that on our last cruise, it took about 4 days after disembarkation before my stomach even started showing hints of the feeling of hunger, it took me a minute to even realize that it was hunger, cause I had forgotten what it felt like :o

I don't bring snacks, but I do bring a big bottle of TUMS :D

dp

We bring snacks for the car ride in each direction, but not usually on the ship. There are enough 24 hour snack places on Freedom / Oasis that I try to "earn" a snack by walking to get it. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bring gluten free snacks for the flights and sometimes in port if the excursion is long or runs into the lunch hour.

They are not usually eaten on board unless my husband forgot to take his meds at supper and needs some food to take it with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk