Paid Upgrade Fairy visited us

We sail on the Allure on Sunday and RCCL called us today with an offer. We will now be in an Aqua Suite for a nominal amount of money. Seriously good deal to go from a balcony to that huge suite!

You went from a D type balcony to an Aqua Suite for very little money? That's excellent. You will enjoy the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

We sail on the Allure on Sunday and RCCL called us today with an offer. We will now be in an Aqua Suite for a nominal amount of money. Seriously good deal to go from a balcony to that huge suite!

Thanks for reporting. Can you report what the phone number they called from was? (or said on caller ID)

That is the Upgrade Fairy's step-sister.

Her name is Upsell Fairy.

:D

Congratulations.

:)

LOL!! :p :p

The actual upgrade fairy (the freebie one ;)) upgraded us on our Serenade cruise coming up in a week. I went in to print luggage tags and found my cabin number changed! Went from D1 to JS. Our very, very first ever upgrade in over 10 years of cruising! :) Weird thing was 2 others on our thread (all of us D+) went from D1 to JS and we were ALL in center hump cabins (close to elevators, centrum, etc.). One Pinnacle with a D1 in the aft did not get upgraded.

As in real estate, location, location, location??

Edited by island lady

Powersboyee2, we are diamond.

This is somewhere around our 11th cruise, so not really sure how they make these decisions. Never got this kind of offer before now.

Lioness, it is suite 9730.

BillOh, the number was 866-562-7625 and it did'nt show up with any name on caller ID. I even did a reverse phone look up on my computer and it shows it was RCCL and I think that is in Kansas.

Powersboyee2, we are diamond.

This is somewhere around our 11th cruise, so not really sure how they make these decisions. Never got this kind of offer before now.

Lioness, it is suite 9730.

BillOh, the number was 866-562-7625 and it did'nt show up with any name on caller ID. I even did a reverse phone look up on my computer and it shows it was RCCL and I think that is in Kansas.

Congratulations!! my question is did you on your profile for upgrade preferences have it selected to upgrade.

Awesome offer......

I often wonder what triggers it......I am guessing not frequency of cruising as I have booked 10 cruises in 3 years all with Royal and have yet to get a call or offer.

Don't give up hope. She appears just when you think you missed her funeral! :eek: ;)

D+ here, over 350 points, over ten years of cruising with RCI and received our very first upgrade this week.

Edited by island lady

Don't give up hope. She appears just when you think you missed her funeral! :eek: ;)

D+ here, over 350 points, over ten years of cruising with RCI and received our very first upgrade this week.

Congrats! What did you have reserved and what category did they upgrade you to?

Congrats! What did you have reserved and what category did they upgrade you to?

I had a direct center hump D1 cabin deck nine, was set for automatic upgrade, and was upgraded to a JS deck 10. I was shocked and thrilled! :)

I had thought the fairy had lost our address, then just when all hope was gone...there she was. ;)

Edited by island lady

LOL!! :p :p

The actual upgrade fairy (the freebie one ;)) upgraded us on our Serenade cruise coming up in a week. I went in to print luggage tags and found my cabin number changed! Went from D1 to JS. Our very, very first ever upgrade in over 10 years of cruising! :) Weird thing was 2 others on our thread (all of us D+) went from D1 to JS and we were ALL in center hump cabins (close to elevators, centrum, etc.). One Pinnacle with a D1 in the aft did not get upgraded.

As in real estate, location, location, location??

IMO.....Certain Aft locations on Serenade are better than a non aft JS. Maybe the Pinnacle had "do not upgrade" as part of his/her profile.

Awesome offer......

I often wonder what triggers it......I am guessing not frequency of cruising as I have booked 10 cruises in 3 years all with Royal and have yet to get a call or offer.

I think it is totally random. We got an offer on our second Royal Cruise ( we took it ) and haven't heard from them since....Always hoping though..

IMO.....Certain Aft locations on Serenade are better than a non aft JS. Maybe the Pinnacle had "do not upgrade" as part of his/her profile.

1100 and 9256 were already gone, and both being occupied by members of our thread. They are both D+ members. Nice cabins! :)

And no, the Pinnacle would have taken an upgrade on his D1 aft. He is not in a corner aft. As I mentioned, the upgrade fairy seems to work in mysterious ways, known only to her.

I am marking "do not upgrade" for our August B2B Alaska in 9256 as soon as I complete next two cruises in a few weeks. Won't give that D cat balcony up!

Edited by island lady