Yay or Nay to onboard art?

shaun07

How do you feel about the onboard art?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the onboard art?

• YAY! the art is great
    • NAY! the art is poor
    • wish they would offer more art
    • wish they would do away with that art

Cool thanks, didn't know he had follow-ups. I read the first one. It looks like it's actually the 2nd in the series that is the art one. Bought the kindle edition for $2.99 for our next cruise.

Are these books any good? Any insider info or just all about some dude conquests ?

Are these books any good? Any insider info or just all about some dude conquests ?

It is about him. However, if not taken seriously, they are fun. He's full of it I'm sure but at the same time giving some realistic views of ships' crew experiences. He does continue with a central theme of his quest for a love that works another ship.

It is about him. However, if not taken seriously, they are fun. He's full of it I'm sure but at the same time giving some realistic views of ships' crew experiences. He does continue with a central theme of his quest for a love that works another ship.

cool thanks. Sorry for going off topic but do you know of any other good behind the scene type books?

Cool thanks, didn't know he had follow-ups. I read the first one. It looks like it's actually the 2nd in the series that is the art one. Bought the kindle edition for $2.99 for our next cruise.

You're right. Number two. And I just downloaded number three. He's full of it...but captivating.

Instead of ship art, my husband and I love to purchase a piece of art in port. That way we have a souvenir that is a genuine piece of art, or piece of jewelry. We have some beautiful pieces from Canada to Tortola. It's all how you want to spend your money.

A kinda "full of it" guy wrote a series of books on his life..and love life...while working cruise ships. His third in the series, he works as the ship's art director. It's fun... and interesting...and probably mostly true. Search Brian David Bruns on Amazon.

Funny how this guy goes from waiter in his first gig....and now is the art director!!! Lol

Yep it must be high quality art

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BUT caveat emptor!! We won one of the raffle prize draws at an auction. We had to go to the office in the evening; more really hard sell!! Till I told them we wanted to choose our prize. We were given a choice of 6 PRINTS. We chose one and expected to pick it up so we could put it in out case.

HA BLOODY HA!!!

"We don't have room to carry them on the ship, we have to arrange it when we get back to Miami." "We are staying there for three days so we will be able to pick it up?" "Oh no, it will have to be sent to your home address" "We live in New Zealand." "Then it will cost you USD75 (I think)."

USD75 to get a free raffle prize.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, it is a crock of sh_t. I was fooled to sign up for their credit card in order to get a promised "free" work of art. "At no cost.... Zeros on the invoice." And I had to make an appointment where I thought I was going to pick it and was then told it would cost $35 to mail to me (USA) and they did not have room to carry them on the ship. Bull.

Park west is the worst. It's not so much that a lot of them are prints and are overpriced, but they are not a very reputable art gallery! If you see something you like, write the info down and do some research at home and buy it elsewhere...I don't think buying art on the ship is getting a "bargain" on the artwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by aubreyc1988

Park west is the worst. It's not so much that a lot of them are prints and are overpriced, but they are not a very reputable art gallery! If you see something you like, write the info down and do some research at home and buy it elsewhere...I don't think buying art on the ship is getting a "bargain" on the artwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So its bad quality art at a bad price. Don't think I will be buying any

The notion that all the art are a bunch of posters is totally incorrect, they have many originals and some very inexpensive "decorative art". Park West is one of largest if not the largest gallery in the world, they have thousands of satisfied customers. Do some people buy something without any knowledge base, spend more than they should and have buyers remorse? Of course they do, but shame on anyone who spends alot of money on something that they know nothing about. Especially in the today's internet world.

Need a 5th option on the poll....don't care either way. :rolleyes:

The NCL board is getting some old favorites this week, only Tuesday and already have a multi page thread on onboard art and tipping/service charges. All we need now is some of the other favorites.....passports, smuggling booze, will I like NCL, etc etc etc :cool:

Need a 5th option on the poll....don't care either way. :rolleyes:

The NCL board is getting some old favorites this week, only Tuesday and already have a multi page thread on onboard art and tipping/service charges. All we need now is some of the other favorites.....passports, smuggling booze, will I like NCL, etc etc etc :cool:

I'll help- since the UBP is available "free" to just about anyone and the Sky is all inclusive is there even a reason to smuggle booze on NCL any longer?:)

I'll help- since the UBP is available "free" to just about anyone and the Sky is all inclusive is there even a reason to smuggle booze on NCL any longer?:)

That won't stop it....you know darn well that the ship wont have someones favorite brand and they will still want to sneak it on. :D (how many folks still want to bring soda on because they don't have "their brand" :p )

That won't stop it....you know darn well that the ship wont have someones favorite brand and they will still want to sneak it on. :D (how many folks still want to bring soda on because they don't have "their brand" :p )

Maybe we should smuggle art onboard instead (the print, not the person).:cool:

Personally me, no. I wouldn't pay for it and it seems like more of a hassle.

However, my parents got a piece of art on one of the cruises when I was a teenager. I remember them buying it, I remember that cruise specifically because if it. The picture hangs in their house and it makes me happy about our vacations together and it's a nice memory when I see it.

Now I think....hmmmm, isn't that a good enough reason for buying mediocre art?

Are the "wish they would put more art" votes from people who want more art or who want more auctions for more free "so called" Champagne?

I'm surprised that someone who is French and has been on board for the free "so called" Champagne hasn't reported the auction company and NCL to the French authorities. Champagne my foot.

Mike