standard/classic

pixidustmom

I was going in to finally purchase my beverage package I and I see a new option I don't remember seeing before. Standard Beverage? Anyone know the difference? I tried to find info on it on Celebrity but it's very basic info. No price limit is listed like the Classic.:confused:

According to Celebrity and several other threads regarding this the Standard package is the same as the classic. They suggested there might be a change in the future differentiating the two.

FWIW - If you purchase on board it is same price and you can use OBC for the purchase.

Hmm good question.

I see online the Standard is $45,

Classic is $64.95 and the Premium is $76.70

I can find a Classic vs Premium "menu" yet it differs from the last sailing I did (out of Southampton) so I imagine it varies US, vs PR, vs UK etc

Cannot find a menu for standard... maybe google it?

Heres side by side of Classic vs Premium

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Edited by Fogfog

I didn't find a menu for the Standard package but find in the description on Celebrity's website that the package covers beverages up $6.00. So probably very limited selection.

Edited by jelayne

The Standard package is very different than the Classic, the menu's have been posted a few times on various threads....I looked at it and basically the Standard package contains only American Beer like Bud and Miller Lite and basic well drinks which will be a great deal for some who prefer those things and won't have to pay more for them....

I just want to let everyone know and if you think finding the difference between packages is hard. You can't find any two lists the same. The list on celebrity's site is different than the one the celebrity rep sent me just a few days ago.i guess I am not sure why you need so many drink packages maybe just to cover everyone with a variety of options or maybe to create confusion with cruisers who are on the ship and just say to heck with it and give me a drink.

One thing I have found out is the difference between classic and premium when buying a drink.with the premium you buy a cocktail and that has a $13 cap.im talking only cocktails so is the same for wine and beer as far as process. the drink you order is $14..with that you owe the difference,$1... With the classic package you have a $8 cocktail cap .you order a $10 drink and you pay $10!!!not the difference between Classic cocktail cap and what the drink actually costs.im sure thousands of people fall into this and get wised up after they get took a couple times.why would you not just

the classic difference like premium does.makes all of this so confusing.most likely pony up the $11.80 a day and drink everything and there's no worry so...if you like to drink buy the premium of just hang with the classic and say you only want drinks in classic package..

The Standard package is very different than the Classic, the menu's have been posted a few times on various threads....I looked at it and basically the Standard package contains only American Beer like Bud and Miller Lite and basic well drinks which will be a great deal for some who prefer those things and won't have to pay more for them....

It includes 7 beers. It did include Heineken and Dos Equis. House wines, standard cocktails, and well brands were also included on the Standard package. They were selling all three of the packages on the Eclipse. It makes the Classic package look better, but I am a Premium package guy.

I attached a picture on the other thread, but was told it was not readable. If I had better upload skills I might be able to attach it. I tried scanning it and then attaching, but it failed. ,I actually have the side by side comparison sheet from my last cruise. If anyone wants to e mail the list just send me your e mail address.

I will try and find out why I cannot attach the version that I scanned. Perhaps it is too large. Any ideas?

I was going in to finally purchase my beverage package I and I see a new option I don't remember seeing before. Standard Beverage? Anyone know the difference? I tried to find info on it on Celebrity but it's very basic info. No price limit is listed like the Classic.:confused:

The Standard Package is our entry-level alcoholic drink package, and is $10/day less than the Classic package.

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, guests can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Unlike the Premium and Classic packages which offer specific liquor brands, the Standard Package offers "well brands"; every main liquor type is available within the Standard Package (e.g. vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, etc.)

The Classic Package includes all beers up to $6 per serving; spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, by the glass up to $8 per serving; and wines by the glass up to $9 per serving. Additionally, with this package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. This package also includes all the items listed in the Classic Non Alcoholic Package.

The Standard Package is our entry-level alcoholic drink package, and is $10/day less than the Classic package.

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, guests can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

What prizes did it win? It is a nice list.

It's important to note that the drink price limits determine the liquors/drinks in the package....and if you find a list of liquor brands in the classic or premium package, it is only representative of what you can get under the package. If you order a scotch that isn't on "the list" but it is under the $ limit, then it is included in the package.

Celebrity doesn't make that clear...and I'm sure some think that "the list" are the only things they can order.

Think of the classic package as being able to order a martini, manhattan, bloody mary at your local bar/restaurant....you get whatever liquor they uses as their "house brand".

Edited by ghstudio

Ran into a couple on the Equinox that had purchased the standard package. They were continually charged for almost every drink despite showing the bar tenders the card and asking for something that fell within the limit. They spent time every day at guest relations trying to get the charges dropped. Very limited list and the bar staff is not aware of the inclusions yet.