Seriously their your own kids!

Esilef

I think they should be excluded from cruising in their school term. There were far too many children on Radiance of the Seas December 3rd sailing. It was not school holidays but the ship was packed with families. It detracts from the cruise experience when the numbers are so high.

I will probably be avoiding Royal Caribbean in the future and sticking to either Princess or Celebrity. I find the further I fly from Australia the less children there are.

I think they should be excluded from cruising in their school term. There were far too many children on Radiance of the Seas December 3rd sailing. It was not school holidays but the ship was packed with families. It detracts from the cruise experience when the numbers are so high.

I will probably be avoiding Royal Caribbean in the future and sticking to either Princess or Celebrity. I find the further I fly from Australia the less children there are.

For some private schools 3 Dec may well by school holidays.

While I have never had it really, really bad on a cruise, I must admit that once or twice I have had to give the 'stare' just to let them know what they are doing is not appreciated. It does seem to me though that the crew seem most reluctant to control any situation that arises - maybe they have been told by the cruise line that 'we must not upset anyone by telling someone they must not do something'. Well they need to understand that at times many passengers are being upset by just a few. Also it is usually the ones who are spending the money who are upset - something the cruise lines need to remember.:)

I find the further I fly from Australia the less children there are.

And yet the planes used on these overseas flights tend to land with the same amount of children as when they took off, in some cases more.

I wonder what do they do with them on your flights?:confused:

I think you'd love a cruise around the Caribbean in about April. :p

Don't take the cruise from hawaii to Sydney in September as I will be taking my children out of school for this cruise!

If you want to exclude kids from cruising during their school term I suggest you do avoid Royal Caribbean as it is a family friendly cruise line. Maybe an adults only cruise would suit you better.

Having said that my kids have never been allowed to roam the ship on their own. They are not allowed to sign themselves out of kids club. We don't put them to bed and then go and party. And above all else they are polite and courteous or there are consequences. But they are kids so sometimes they talk too loud, they get excited and run up the stairs to kids club (usually with me yelling 'walk!') and they use the pool and hot tub with supervision. And probably the most controversial of all - they sometimes join us in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour! :eek::eek:They are 11 years old.

And yet the planes used on these overseas flights tend to land with the same amount of children as when they took off, in some cases more.

I wonder what do they do with them on your flights?:confused:

They have a special area in the cargo hold for all people under the age of 25...... Just place them into a cage on checkin and collect at the end of the flight..

Some of the upper class cruise line are introducing this policy as well. If your an undesirable type of person you get placed into a special holding area. Kind of like the titanic era of travelling where the classes of people did not mix.

...... There were far too many children on Radiance of the Seas December 3rd sailing. It was not school holidays but the ship was packed with families. It detracts from the cruise experience when the numbers are so high......

YES it was school holidays for many private schools (primary and secondary). My old school for instance finished on November 27th last year. Also students in years 10, 11 and 12 finish well before the 'advertised' date for the last day of school.

If you do not wish to associate with larger numbers of children you should really avoid cruising from around the last week in November to the end of week one in February. I suspect the kids of Australia will be equally appreciative...

I must add though that a couple of Christmases ago we did a Christmas cruise round trip out of Brisbane on the Sea Princess and we were told that there were 400 children on board (each one got a present from Santa Claus). Maybe we were just lucky but they were no trouble at all and it certainly didn't seem as though there were that many on board.:)

Don't take the cruise from hawaii to Sydney in September as I will be taking my children out of school for this cruise!

If you want to exclude kids from cruising during their school term I suggest you do avoid Royal Caribbean as it is a family friendly cruise line. Maybe an adults only cruise would suit you better.

Having said that my kids have never been allowed to roam the ship on their own. They are not allowed to sign themselves out of kids club. We don't put them to bed and then go and party. And above all else they are polite and courteous or there are consequences. But they are kids so sometimes they talk too loud, they get excited and run up the stairs to kids club (usually with me yelling 'walk!') and they use the pool and hot tub with supervision. And probably the most controversial of all - they sometimes join us in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour! :eek::eek:They are 11 years old.

Almost 4 years ago to the day I was on Arcadia where kids under 16 or 14 were banned. Great ship that was! Only good kid is one with a leash and collar.

For information I am planning a cruise on Diamond Princess this July in Japan. The benefit of this cruise is that the flight and distance makes it cost and time prohibitive. I cruised Japan in 2014 and there were no kids then.

Celebrity Solstice had little to no kids in March of 2013 and Sapphire Princess had probably 30 kids on the 18th January 2005 sailing.

Royal Caribbean just beats P&O if you want to go to the South Pacific Islands. Really there is not much choice other choice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

My tip to avoid kids is sticking to companies if you can justify the price difference such as U By Uniworld which is 18 and over.did one of those in Europe in 2018 and what was gained was knowledge and a great time by all.the youngest passengers were like twenty somethings with their parents and the eldest were forties(it was open aged by the time they changed the rules).There was no nightly karaoke or clubbing all the time but given how short distances are and how long the touring days are timed out.I and a few Australians(everyone else was most likely American) travelled the longest out of Everyone to be in Budapest but we left at Passau doing an overnight there before getting our planes home to our respective home countries from Munich.What stunned me was how the agency was able to get me on one of those for less money than any south pacific cruise would have been like.It was nice to get some peace and quiet and education as well.

On 2/3/2016 at 10:51 AM, happysnapper said:

Unfortunately, in today's society, you don't have to be on a cruise to encounter this out of control behaviour. It happens in shopping centres, hotels, resorts and as they get older in the streets and on the roads. It's just about everywhere you go. Happily it's not all children and occasionally you do come across well behaved children who are a reflection of good parenting.

Do not remind me.Thursday Late Night Shopping is one of the worst where this comes out,the other things speak for themselves.I didn't do much travel between age 13 and 20 but when I started doing my own holidays(without my family)I saw a big difference.the worse thing I ever have come across to date was my Uncle,His Wife and His Daughter(On my mothers side of the family)masquerading as a bunch of overgrown school leavers otherwise known as toolies.It lead to a ban of any place where my relatives are present being an instant NO NO OR HAVING TO WORK OUT HOW TO DODGE THEM.sadly the ban is still in place except for weddings,funerals and graduations.

3 minutes ago, nermal9900 said:

Do not remind me.Thursday Late Night Shopping is one of the worst where this comes out,the other things speak for themselves.I didn't do much travel between age 13 and 20 but when I started doing my own holidays(without my family)I saw a big difference.the worse thing I ever have come across to date was my Uncle,His Wife and His Daughter(On my mothers side of the family)masquerading as a bunch of overgrown school leavers otherwise known as toolies.It lead to a ban of any place where my relatives are present being an instant NO NO OR HAVING TO WORK OUT HOW TO DODGE THEM.sadly the ban is still in place except for weddings,funerals and graduations.

You have  responded to a 6 year old thread post of someone who has been absent for the last few years.

Your experience of river cruising, no kids, is what attracts many people to the genre, one of the big differences between ocean and river cruising.