Hump Cabin Warning

D&beach&J

The doors in that hallway are held open automatically by magnets, I wonder if it would be a big rule breaker to close the door the way they do on embarkation. (It probably would) . I have 50 and 75% hearing loss so it didn't bother me. Great cabin with a big balcony. I think we went to bed around midnight most nights. My wife said she heard it, but she could sleep through Armageddon.

Yes these doors can be closed. Either do it yourself or call guest relations desk and ask them to close to avoid noise. They will do this upon request. When these are closed no noise at all

Uh Oh….we have #7598 booked in December. Guess we better bring our ear plugs.

We had 7600 on Brilliance and I would not book it again. Too much Centrum noise, most nights until almost midnight. They did not close the firedoors on our sailing, so that might help if they are closing them now. The cabin was very convenient but just too noisy.

If you can wear ear plugs, I would bring them. I can't wear them, so we adjusted our plans and stayed out later.

I am writing this while aboard Brilliance of the Seas. We booked a hump cabin, #8088. Do not book this type of cabin if you want to sleep before 1 a.m. The bands that used to play in nightclubs now play in the centrum of the ship! The noise in this cabin is so loud! Horrible.

The guest relations person told me all ships do this now with bands.

We stayed in #9078, also a hump cabin, on the Serenade and the noise form the bands & other acts in the Centrum made us vacate the cabin 3 nights into our 12 nights Mediterranean cruise. What made it worse for us is that the tours began at 7 and without a decent night sleep we were like zombies.

GS tried almost everything , other than cancelling the acts, such as closing the emergency doors, but it made it worse from the doors opening and closing by Paxs. I even tried sleeping on the balcony lounge chairs in my robe, but the music reverberated not only thru the Centrum but also the elevators. It ended well, as we got OBCs for lower class cabins and it paid for our 1st Oasis cruise.

There is another thread going where someone asked about noise in cabins near the centrum on Radiance class and many people replied "noise not an issue". Not very helpful replies in my opinion, you can DEFINITELY hear the noise in cabins near the centrum, whether it's an "issue" or not depends on how early people want to turn in and how much the noise will bother them.

I am writing this while aboard Brilliance of the Seas. We booked a hump cabin, #8088. Do not book this type of cabin if you want to sleep before 1 a.m. The bands that used to play in nightclubs now play in the centrum of the ship! The noise in this cabin is so loud! Horrible.

we are on the brilliance in Nov. out of Tampa is room 1566 a hump room? don't look forward to a band until 1 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is almost impossible. Unless either you didn't have your hearing aid turned on or they didn't play a band in the centrum. When a band is playing loud in the centrum of Radiance class ships you CAN hear it inside the cabins on the centrum. Period.

NO need to be rude.. Where you there?? If they didn't hear it, ok, so what. Wasn't a reason to bash..

Thanks for the warning.

I had the hump cabin twice and they just closed the door to go back the hall and filtered out the noise that we didn't hear it in our room. We loved the extra larger balcony. The one time it had the lounge chair there and the second time I had to ask if I could get one and our room attendant was amazing in 10 min. he had one for me!

I agree, on Freedom and Voyager class, there is no noise issue at all with hump staterooms.

WHEW!! I'm glad I kept reading, I was getting nervous. I have 9340 on Liberty. Do the Freedom class hump cabins have the larger balcony also? Or does that only apply to Jewel?

I'm concerned now that our panoramic oceanview by the Centrum on Vision will be noisy. :confused:

Vision is a different class. My understanding is that the Brilliance class went for their general maintenance they added add'l speakers in the Centrum to enhance the performances. Boy did they did a good job if no one needs to sleep in cabins near the Centrum. On our Med. cruise it was so bad that I could not hear myself think or hear the rep. in GS. Basically had to scream above the R&R band performing.

WHEW!! I'm glad I kept reading, I was getting nervous. I have 9340 on Liberty. Do the Freedom class hump cabins have the larger balcony also? Or does that only apply to Jewel?

No, the hump balconies on Freedom and Voyager class staterooms are the same size as other side-facing staterooms in the same category.

• 1 year later...

We're in a 9th floor hump cabin on Radiance in June. Hope it's not too loud :(

We're in a 9th floor hump cabin on Radiance in June. Hope it's not too loud :(

We are one and two rooms off the Centrum on deck 7, starboard side, on Radiance in August. I'm hoping that all the fresh air of Alaska will mean people are in bed before 1am and the band won't be around. The overall feel of the ship will be more "hey look at the whale/glacier/eagle/bear" than "let's party till the wee hours and sleep it off at the beach tomorrow." At least I hope so!:')

The doors in that hallway are held open automatically by magnets, I wonder if it would be a big rule breaker to close the door the way they do on embarkation. (It probably would) . I have 50 and 75% hearing loss so it didn't bother me. Great cabin with a big balcony. I think we went to bed around midnight most nights. My wife said she heard it, but she could sleep through Armageddon.

We had 1st cabin off of Centrum on Brilliance last year. We could not hear the music BUT ship crew closed the doors and all night long it was BANG, BANG, BANG as people returned to their cabins down the hall and let the door slam shut. Was a horrible experience. Talked to Guest Services and next night they did not close the door so no loud bangs. The following night the door was closed again and we were jarred awake everytime someone allowed the door to slam. We received a nice discount for a future cruise for the nightly disturbance. Would much rather hear the music and as someone posted the music stopped at 11 pm each night but the banging door did not stop.