Changes to Crown & Anchor

Serenade of the Seas has a maximum passenger capacity of 2490.

Please explain how over 20% are either D or D+

This would be unheard of.

We were recently on Independence, a much lager ship, and there were only about 40 D+. Your numbers don't add up.

We recently finished doing six Vision cruises, all doing 9 or 10 nights, and each had between 300 to 500 Ds or higher. The highest was 267 Ds, 165 D+s, and 42 Pinnacles. That's 19% of the passenger capacity.

The Harmony already has over 110 Pinnacles booked for the TA in October.

Rccl knows there is a easy fix . First raise the points of each level. Second diamond members don't get a lounge you get your 3 drinks at a bar. That will take the load off the lounges. I know diamonds don't want to hear that but it's to easy to hit diamond. Let's see what the changes on May 1 2016 brings.

Would you recommend raising points for current members or just future ones? :)

With airlines it's easier because people need to regain status every year (or for some FFPs every two years), so they can just decide to raise the benchmark for everyone from a particular year.

But with a loyalty scheme that doesn't zero out every year, things might seem a bit unfair if you're chasing status X and suddenly as you get close the bar is raised even higher...

I do agree though that Diamond status isn't the hardest thing in the world to achieve, especially taking into account that it is a lifetime status, and you're not forced to accumulate points in a short time-frame to then only get to use the perks for a limited time as well.

I hope that RCI reads this thread......

In Australia and New Zealand we don't have the problem of over-crowding in the DL and CL. We haven't had the benefit of the Royal ships for as long as the US and cruising has only become really popular in the last few years. The statistics are rising but there are not as many diamond and above C&A members here in Australia. Royal only comes here for half of the year - Carnival and P&O have a few ships all year round so RCI is missing out and they are becoming very popular. When they first arrived in I think 2008 they couldn't fill the ships.

SO, changing the C&A levels worldwide would create unnecessary negative press for RCI. On a recent cruise on Explorer there were 800 C&A members out of the 3200 passengers and only a handful were above Diamond level, of which 1 was pinnacle.

Suite guests and diamond and above C&A members were given access to both lounges, mainly because the CL is on deck 9 in the middle of nowhere with NO windows and very daggy furniture despite Explorer's recent $100m revitalisation.

I'm a lowly diamond member (US) that just came off the Explorer out of Sydney. If we did have access to the concierge lounge, I would not know as no one ever told us but as noted, due to the deck 9 location with no windows, I would not have gone there anyway. The DL on deck 14 was fabulous.

The last time they made a major change to C&A - when they switched from number of cruises to number of nights/points - everyone was grandfathered in with their current status. I'm sure they will do the same if there's another major change.

I believe they should continue offering all perks. However the private resturant and suite lounges cannot hold more people. With offering access to pinnacles this can present a problem if there continues to be limited room. I don't know what they plan on doing with the smaller ships. they will have difficulty offering all of the enhanced perks across the line.

Great Point.

I am just wondering how RCI will provide JS with the option of eating at Coastal Kitchen when some Gold card guests do not get the time they want.

Are they (RCI) say on their new perk list that you can eat there and then say sorry, no room.......

We are sailing in August after the new perks will be in effect for a couple months, I guess I will have to wait for reviews.

Just saying,

And

Wondering

Great Point.

I am just wondering how RCI will provide JS with the option of eating at Coastal Kitchen when some Gold card guests do not get the time they want.

Are they (RCI) say on their new perk list that you can eat there and then say sorry, no room.......

We are sailing in August after the new perks will be in effect for a couple months, I guess I will have to wait for reviews.

Just saying,

And

Wondering

When we were on Oasis last September, they encouraged us to make reservations for the entire week as soon as we could, so we would not be disappointed later in the cruise. I suppose they could have a policy of bumping JS guests if a full suite guest wants that time slot, but that would really surprise me.

Edited by clarea

Haven't set foot in either the Concierge or Diamond lounges since they started loading drinks on our cards last year. We'd much rather sit outside and watch the ocean than sit in a crowded room with people who bathe in cologne and spend their evening counting each others wrinkles:eek:

Serenade of the Seas has a maximum passenger capacity of 2490.

Please explain how over 20% are either D or D+

This would be unheard of.

We were recently on Independence, a much lager ship, and there were only about 40 D+. Your numbers don't add up.

I got that information directly from the concierge who read it off his sheet. We are on a 10 night cruise which attracts an unusually large amount of frequent, retired cruisers. Many are on B2B or longer. One couple has been on since October. If you don't believe me, since apparently you know it all, why don't you call the concierge on the Serenade yourself and ask? :rolleyes:

So you have been on every rci cruise:rolleyes:

I was on a cruise with Ilady I believe back in 13, a 11 day on legend. There was between 400 and 500 d,+,pc

Well hello there! Yes, I remember you. Yup, this is another one of those D, D+, Pinnacle heavy cruises. You should have seen the "meal with an officer" lunch! :eek: Must have been more than 70 of us in there.

Hope to sail with you again soon! :)

Edited by island lady

The last time they made a major change to C&A - when they switched from number of cruises to number of nights/points - everyone was grandfathered in with their current status. I'm sure they will do the same if there's another major change.

How long did they give from the announcement of the change until the implementation? I am just curious if there will be any grace period to attain a few extra nights.

How long did they give from the announcement of the change until the implementation? I am just curious if there will be any grace period to attain a few extra nights.

If I remember correctly, there was very little official notice given, maybe none. There were many rumors, some surprisingly accurate. However, one day we noticed that the C&A section and our personal C&A info on the website were missing, and a couple of hours later, we all had points instead of credits.

If I remember correctly, there was very little official notice given, maybe none. There were many rumors, some surprisingly accurate. However, one day we noticed that the C&A section and our personal C&A info on the website were missing, and a couple of hours later, we all had points instead of credits.

Did you get credit for your points? :confused:

Probably an accurate assessment. But I don't think they are going to move the goal posts on points, or demote anyone either. I'm Diamond. My wife is Diamond. If they suddenly raised the bar to get to Diamond to, say, 125 points and demoted people below it that would be a very bad move, especially with so many new Diamonds over the past few years.

They can always grandfather and grandmother the current group. Carnival did that.

Did you get credit for your points? :confused:

Yes, everyone's old cruise credits (including ours) were converted to cruise points. I remember it took about a day for the sleuths on CC to come up with the conversion formula that was used.

Edited by clarea

i got that information directly from the concierge who read it off his sheet. We are on a 10 night cruise which attracts an unusually large amount of frequent, retired cruisers. Many are on b2b or longer. One couple has been on since october. If you don't believe me, since apparently you know it all, why don't you call the concierge on the serenade yourself and ask? :rolleyes:

Like!!!

Rccl knows there is a easy fix . First raise the points of each level. Second diamond members don't get a lounge you get your 3 drinks at a bar. That will take the load off the lounges. I know diamonds don't want to hear that but it's to easy to hit diamond. Let's see what the changes on May 1 2016 brings.

I don't think it is easy to hit diamond for a lot of people. Not everyone can cruise more than once a year. For a long time, we didn't. We don't think we will ever make it to Diamond Plus. If they raise the number of points, we never will, which is OK.

My husband and I are diamond and use the 3 free drinks at a bar where we can sit down and enjoy ourselves. The Diamond Lounge is always jammed. We don't every try anymore. We go to the Diamond Lounge just to pick up ice skating tickets for the ships that have the ice skating rink. We enjoy the Diamond level perks, but the lounge is too crowded for us.

Yes, everyone's old cruise credits (including ours) were converted to cruise points. I remember it took about a day for the sleuths on CC to come up with the conversion formula that was used.

I didn't ask if you got points for your credits, I asked if you got credits for your points. :)

Haven't set foot in either the Concierge or Diamond lounges since they started loading drinks on our cards last year. We'd much rather sit outside and watch the ocean than sit in a crowded room with people who bathe in cologne and spend their evening counting each others wrinkles:eek:

That sums it up quite nicely.:D

1/12/2011 ~~ cut off data from when C&A actually did the transition from credits to points.

1/21/2011 ~~ Points go into affect for all cruises departing after this date.

Here is the January 21, 2011 Press Release Royal Caribbean Upgrades Crown & Anchor Society

Edited by cruisenfever

Ouch!!!:eek::eek:;)