Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

My wife and I thought the same thing, the darkest looking cruise ship we have see, everyone must be up on deck?

Stewards have drawn the curtains during turndown and most people are probably not anywhere near their cabins so they appear dark.

Anthem is back in New York harbor. Happy to see it! Sorry your trip got cut short. Have a safe trip home and hope your next cruise turns out better.

I was just watching it myself on the live webcam, I'm not on this cruise. I was on Anthem 1/3-1/15. But I'm sure all those onboard appreciate your well wishes [emoji106]🏻[emoji3]

Shaun, I know you are stressed with this whole situation but you really need to look at the big picture.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx

They are doing their best to keep you guys safe.

Anthem should not even start this cruise from hell. That is what the best they should have done. Wrong way to save money. Now it will cost more to RC- "cheap pays twice"

I am trying to reconcile this with the ship traveling at ~6 knots for the last two days.

Is the speed simply the result of an abundance of caution? Or is there damage that suggests a cautious speed is warranted?

I don't think heavy seas by themselves would dictate such a slow speed.

Any suggestions of possible reasons?

The cruise ship was probably given a specific time to dock and couldn't dock after that. Kind of like when they stack planes.

They may have not had the personnel at port to handle the ship until after 8PM.

Why did it look like all the cabin lights were off/dark? Were my eyes playing tricks on me?!

Stewards have drawn the curtains during turndown and most people are probably not anywhere near their cabins so they appear dark.

Thanks - was wondering the same thing.

Welcome back everyone.

What about the lights outside the doors? NONE of them are on? Aren't there dining rooms somewhere in there as well? Seems awfully strange to me. The entire midsection looks dark.

Oh. I'm pretty sure what I wanted to say was the diametric opposite of what you think. It was pretty bad. Never wished I was dead. Vacation will happen another time. Capt was brilliant and 100% correct with available info. This was something entirely different I wanted to talk about...something sane.

Karina, you totally rock. I hope our paths cross someday on some ship or another. It would be nice to be at the same table in the MDR. Hope you have safe travel home.

Judy

What about the lights outside the doors? NONE of them are on? Aren't there dining rooms somewhere in there as well? Seems awfully strange to me. The entire midsection looks dark.

I'm on the boat, sitting in Chops Grille portside right now having dinner with my husband. The windows are obscured by the life boats so you wouldn't be able to see the restaurants for the most part. Most people on the ship seem to be on decks 4/5 having dinner. Also I think there's another showing of spectra's cabaret in Two70 right now, which was standing room only when I went last night.

Also there was a huge line of people on deck 5 waiting to debark with their luggage in hand when I went into chops.

I'm staying overnight and flying home to Atlanta tomorrow afternoon. Seems like a fair number of people wanting to stay onboard, especially those flying out or driving out far. The people wanting to leave already mostly seem to live very close.

agreed, and maybe its not all the bad and i need to suck it up, honestly i really don't know, all i know is I thought we were going down and I was terrified. All I want is to feel secure and right now Rccl is making me feel the opposite

There is no money RC can give to make this horrific experience OK.

Somewhere between Captain and Corporate a very poor decision was made to start this cruise that put over 5000 human lives in jeopardy. There is no excuse for that. Thank God everyone is now safe.

I'm on the boat, sitting in Chops Grille portside right now having dinner with my husband. The windows are obscured by the life boats so you wouldn't be able to see the restaurants for the most part. Most people on the ship seem to be on decks 4/5 having dinner. Also I think there's another showing of spectra's cabaret in Two70 right now, which was standing room only when I went last night.

Also there was a huge line of people on deck 5 waiting to debark with their luggage in hand when I went into chops.

I'm staying overnight and flying home to Atlanta tomorrow afternoon. Seems like a fair number of people wanting to stay onboard, especially those flying out or driving out far. The people wanting to leave already mostly seem to live very close.

Thanks for the post. So happy to see you guys pulling in safely. Have a safe trip home, wish you all the best!

There is no money RC can give to make this horrific experience OK.

Somewhere between Captain and Corporate a very poor decision was made to start this cruise that put over 5000 human lives in jeopardy. There is no excuse for that. Thank God everyone is now safe.

Eat a Snickers!!!