Packing Cubes For Upcoming Princess Cruise

Meena

Packing cubes are the way to go. i use E bags, but I understand there are other makes available, they all look very similar. You can get them from Amazon. I love the way they keep my clothes organised. When I unpack on the ship I just remove the bags from the case and place the bags in the cupboard. The secret is having everything neatly folded and yes you will get loads in the case. The other advantage of these cubes is that if you are doing a multi destination holiday you can organise your packing accordingly. They definately get the thumbs up from me.

I bought some from ebags.com in three different sizes. I thought they would take up too much room but I was so wrong. I love them and can't do without them now on any trip we go on. I use a small one for all the cords and such for our electronics and another small one for misc stuff like note pads, pens, hand wipes and whatever. There have been times I needed to get into my carry on at the airport and didn't feel strange opening my luggage because I knew none of my under garments would fall out. The bags keep everything nice and neat and I roll my clothes inside so it is easy to see what I have. They hold a lot too. The company has great customer service. Have fun!

Trying to find the best way to cram more into a suitcase for an upcoming cruise, asking for recommendations in packing cubes . . . best ones and can you really fit a lot into each one. Thanks.

We've used something similar and they worked fine. BTW, if you're flying, remember the packing cubes put more items in a bag. They don't make them lighter. You may get stuck with excess weight fees. Be sure and weight the bags.

However, we did not on our last cruise. As we have cruised more and more, we just pack less and less. On our last seven day cruise we used two roller carry ons and one backpack. More than sufficient.

I have packing bags and envelopes purchased from Eagle Creek and love them. Very light weight and they hold a lot. Last September my husband and I traveled for over a month with one large suitcase each and a very small carryon. We did a Baltic cruise, spent time in London and then did a 13 day land tour through northern Italy.

My goal was to use only 1 suitcase per person and I did it managing to stay under 50 lbs. They are so great and keep your suitcase so organized. That was important to us as our land tour involved staying in 4 different hotels.

These days I can't imagine packing without them. In addition it was very freeing to not have to manage multiple suitcases throughout our trip.

I have packing bags and envelopes purchased from Eagle Creek and love them. Very light weight and they hold a lot. Last September my husband and I traveled for over a month with one large suitcase each and a very small carryon. We did a Baltic cruise, spent time in London and then did a 13 day land tour through northern Italy.

My goal was to use only 1 suitcase per person and I did it managing to stay under 50 lbs. They are so great and keep your suitcase so organized. That was important to us as our land tour involved staying in 4 different hotels.

These days I can't imagine packing without them. In addition it was very freeing to not have to manage multiple suitcases throughout our trip.

That is awesome! You packed a lot in on one trip, luggage and trip wise. :)

Edited by denamo

I love my Eagle Creek pack it systems. I also like their luggage. I find the ones on clearance (prior year items)

I love my Eagle Creek "Spector" packing cubes. They're made of parachute material and are super light.

When packing, I lay everything out and start packing the cubes, some of them days in advance. When it's time to pack my bag, I just tuck them in. Once I get my bag on the ship, I toss the cubes on the shelves and my unpacking is done. :) When packing to go home, I do essentially the same thing. Cubes make packing so much easier and less stressful.

Ha--I am packing right now using the Ebags for our cruise on Sunday. I just took a little break. I got them on Amazon.

All family members use them, including the 2 year old. I love them. I do exactly what Pam does--take out the bag and put it on the shelf. :)

Patti

I love the packing cubes from Ebags. Don't know how I traveled without them!

I love these too. I have every size but the one up top.

They make cruise travel easier. Especially when traveling with 4 in one cabin. I travel a lot for work and originally purchased them for the work trips, but they come in handy for any time I need to pack my luggage.

We ordered packing cubes for our last trip, and it was our first experience with them, my wife and I were both impressed with how much more organized we were. We ordered two different brands in two different colors to compare, knowing we would be ordering more for our upcoming Alaskan cruise. We ordered a set of "Amazon Basics" and a set of "Shacke". Both sets came with 4 cubes of different sizes, which fit neatly into 25" suitcases with a little room to spare for toiletrie kits etc. We would order both again without hesitation. For me organization is their real benefit, space has never really been a problem, usually overweight before running out of space. I think they are going to be especially useful on a cruise tour where there will be lots of packing and unpacking.

Ha--I am packing right now using the Ebags for our cruise on Sunday. I just took a little break. I got them on Amazon.

All family members use them, including the 2 year old. I love them. I do exactly what Pam does--take out the bag and put it on the shelf. :)

Patti

I am defiantly going to get a set. When you say yo u take them out and put them on the shelf, I assume your talking about the shelves in with the safe? What size will fit the shelves, small or medium? I was just going to get a set of 4 mediums but like the shelf idea!

Another thing that worked really well for us when our kids were little was plain old ziploc bags. I would pack an entire day's outfit into each ziploc bag, including any socks and underwear that were needed. I would then write on the bag which day it was for.

In the morning, DD would get up and look for the appropriate bag (this obviously worked long after she was capable of reading) and get dressed without me having to help her find things. Then at the end of the day we would pack everything back into the ziploc, squeeze the air out of it, and toss it back in the suitcase. No smelly dirty clothes to contend with.

She's too big now, at 15 years old her clothes won't fit in the ziplocs quite as well. But she just the other day was saying how she misses being able to just grab a day's clothes and go.