Empress DryDock

It's not an excursion that most cruise pax can do because of its distance, 70 miles from key west. Two options to go. High speed ferry or fly out on seaplane. Besides just touring the park one can stay overnight camping

Thanks, had not heard of this.

Thanks, had not heard of this.

It's really not practical with most daytime stops unless one got off ship first and flew out and back $$$$ to explore for a few hours. I doubt it's offered on many ship excursions. I know because of local rules an overnight in Kw is not likely to be regularly scheduled but would be so much fun. It's a very different town at night

Not an overnight............but on the second cruise, we don't leave until 8 P.M. Sunset at Mallory Square! :)

I hope your itinerary wasn't changed. On the May 28 sailing we were changed to leave Key West at 5 p.m. on the last night of the cruise. I hope some sailings still have that 8 p.m. opportunity.

What is adventurous about Fort Jefferson?

It's not an excursion that most cruise pax can do because of its distance, 70 miles from key west. Two options to go. High speed ferry or fly out on seaplane. Besides just touring the park one can stay overnight camping

Former home of Dr Mudd

Her current position shows that she is in the dry dock now!! Let the work begin! And yes I know they begin the work while still sailing to the dry dock etc etc blah blah... But anyways, I wish there was some way of getting updates or pictures of what is going on. Anyone have any ideas? Will be there at least 3 weeks probably closer to 4 if my math is right. Then headed to Miami for March 30th first sailing.

Isn't Enchantment going there as well. That would be my preference. Have you been on Empress?

Enchantment does not. (a major failing, IMO). Majesty does.

I have not yet experienced the Empress. Big motivation to get on her now.

(She sailed out of Philadelphia for several summers, doing 7 night Bermuda runs. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford her back then.)

Her current position shows that she is in the dry dock now!! Let the work begin! And yes I know they begin the work while still sailing to the dry dock etc etc blah blah... But anyways, I wish there was some way of getting updates or pictures of what is going on. Anyone have any ideas? Will be there at least 3 weeks probably closer to 4 if my math is right. Then headed to Miami for March 30th first sailing.

She deadheaded to Cádiz. No passengers. I don't think that crew tend to post pictures here. :D

But I am sure that they were ripping her apart on the voyage over.

Enchantment does not. (a major failing, IMO). Majesty does.

I have not yet experienced the Empress. Big motivation to get on her now.

(She sailed out of Philadelphia for several summers, doing 7 night Bermuda runs. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford her back then.)

This will change, from May Enchantment goes to Key West but Majesty not.

Thanks. That's what I was trying to say. Other than 1 trip on Empress just to see it again, I'd take Enchantment to KW any day.

I would rather try a new ship. :)

Whether Majesty or Enchantment, KW is once a week. I get to go to KW TWICE on my B2B on the Empress!

Empress was DEAD CHEAP for about 72 hours.

I rarely find "cheap" bargains for balcony cabins on the Enchantment.

Hey, point chaser. I will have a JS for 9 nights, solo. ;)

I would rather try a new ship. :)

Whether Majesty or Enchantment, KW is once a week. I get to go to KW TWICE on my B2B on the Empress!

Empress was DEAD CHEAP for about 72 hours.

I rarely find "cheap" bargains for balcony cabins on the Enchantment.

Hey, point chaser. I will have a JS for 9 nights, solo. ;)

Laura had that set up on Legend.

Laura's PC push is fall of 2017 on Oasis if you care to join in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The article below is in Spanish. It does not go into much detail about the upgrades on the hotel side of the ship, but it is interesting anyway. I used the google chrome translate plugin to read.

http://www.diariodecadiz.es/article/provincia/2226159/crucero/empress/se/sometera/cadiz/cambio/identidad.html

Edited by coaster

This was posted on the Facebook page "Amazing pictures of ships from Royal Caribbean International" with the caption "BREAKING: Empress just entered drydock for her transformation to become Empress of the Seas. Are you excited to see her again in Royal livery?"

This is the only pic that's been posted though.

12804697_558846934291201_1957547370094179058_n.jpg?oh=cb60b42024474c58d733491300b710ee&oe=5797C1C2

Edited by Royalty X

This was posted on the Facebook page "Amazing pictures of ships from Royal Caribbean International" with the caption "BREAKING: Empress just entered drydock for her transformation to become Empress of the Seas. Are you excited to see her again in Royal livery?"

This is the only pic that's been posted though.

12804697_558846934291201_1957547370094179058_n.jpg?oh=cb60b42024474c58d733491300b710ee&oe=5797C1C2

Where did the pic come from? they have a birds eye view so someone should monitor.