B2Bx4

rbrugler

My wife and I have cruised numerous times, primarily on NCL and Carnival. How complicated would it be to arrange for up to four b2b cruises? I need an accessible room, but other than that we do not really care about the category. We like the Caribbean, and are willing to go to any of the islands. Would this be better arranged through the cruise line, or through a travel agent?

Has anyone else ever done a multiple b2b?

Thanks

It is usually very easy and the sooner in advance you book, the better the chance to get the cabin you want.

Most ships do not have that many accessible cabins so advance planning is best.

Sounds like a great idea....... of course, much will be repeated but we never cared about repeat menu etc. We never did 4 b-to-b but did a great many b-to-b.

My wife and I have cruised numerous times, primarily on NCL and Carnival. How complicated would it be to arrange for up to four b2b cruises? I need an accessible room, but other than that we do not really care about the category. We like the Caribbean, and are willing to go to any of the islands. Would this be better arranged through the cruise line, or through a travel agent?

Has anyone else ever done a multiple b2b?

Thanks

Seeing you are experienced cruisers, I don't see a huge need for a TA. If you deal directly with the cruise line, you can call them directly with any questions etc. If you use a TA, everything has to go through them and that means "I'll call you back" frustrations.

You might do some comparing to see if you can get some great OBC or discount from a TA but if that isn't offered, there is not much advantage.

You will probably do best with a travel agent. You may also find that some of the b2b cruises can also be booked as one cruise ie two 7 day cruises can also be booked as one 14 day cruise. If both are offered, the cruise line may reserve some cabins for each way of booking.

Doesn't really matter where you book the cruise. The only important aspect is to book as far out as possible so that you have the same room for the entire voyage. I recently read a post on Royal Caribbean's thread regarding a retired couple from Canada who are spending nine weeks on the Allure Of The Seas. They decided instead of renting a condo for nine weeks during the winter in South Florida that they would spend the same amount of time on the ship. They didn't post if they received a reduced fare but I'm fairly certain that they received some sort of discount for sixty three straight days at sea.

We have done two b2b2b. One was 42 nights, the other 38, and in May will embark on a b2b2b2b2b which is 51 nights.

They are my favorites! :)

I book through the cruise line, and I book early because I don't want to move cabins.

Edit to add, there has not been any discount for booking these consecutive cruises.

Edited by SPacificbound

Your biggest problem will be keeping your same cabin throughout or even having an accessible cabin throughout. Since there are so few accessible cabins, you'll probably have to book at LEAST a year out to insure that you have an accessible cabin, much less the same cabin for all four cruises. Accessible cabins book very fast and can be hard to get unless you book as soon as the cruise schedule comes out.

Hi there

Just wondering...you indicate B2B x 4.

Are you looking at some of the longer type cruises or are you figuring on 4, 7 day cruises. A couple of longer cruises might make the logistics easier and sometimes they are a better value. Of course the itinerary has to be to your liking.

have a great time