Dinner in Fort Lauderdale

cincicruisers

Hello

Can anyone share which of the restaurants below are a good choice for dinner pre cruise. Looking for good food with good atmosphere.

Bimini

Coconuts

Kelly's

Gilberts

I'll just add "Duffy's" if you don't mind for your consideration.

Bimini

Coconuts

Kelly's

Gilberts

Well, from this list (and obviously it's my opinion only), I thought Coconuts was over-rated. Kelly's Landing has good food but the tables are squeezed together, very tight in there and loud (if that doesn't bother you). We had a good meal there but probably won't go back.

Best restaurant meal of my life (well, OK, at least in the top 5!) - Sunset Catch up the road aways in Pompano Beach (if you have a car). Delicious. :)

Hello

Can anyone share which of the restaurants below are a good choice for dinner pre cruise. Looking for good food with good atmosphere.

Bimini

Coconuts

Kelly's

Gilberts

On your list, in this order for food & ambiance.

Coconuts

Kellys

Bimini

Gilberts

I don't really consider Gilberts to have good atmosphere. At all. It's a diner in a strip mall.

For atmosphere in this order:

Coconuts

Bimini

Kellys

Gilberts

I think the best place for food and atmosphere is S3. Really, really cool, oceanfront dining. Steak 954 would be a close second.

Edited to add, just a heads up that Bimini is now REALLY expensive. Like stupid expensive.

Edited by BlueHerons

Duffy's has a nice menu. Thanks

Yes...great food, prices and the location is convenient, especially when staying at or near the Embassy Suites.

If Duffy's is what you opt for...enjoy.. you won't be disappointed :)

We like both Bravo and Mezzaluna, both an easy walk from hotels along 17th. Of course, coming from the Boston area, dining at Kelly's Landing is always a priority for us. I grew up going to Kelly's after a day at the beach in South Boston. Nostalgia, and great fried clams and scallops.

Darcy

My vote would be for Duffy's, the others are turning into tourist traps.

No restaurants in Fort Lauderdale could survive without tourists.

We are a tourism driven town.

Plenty of tourists at Duffys, they even take the tour bus groups.

There are no hidden restaurants that only locals go to that the tourists don't know about.

Blueheron, have you ever tried Pier 66? They seem to have a decent menu but I don't see them being mentioned here and I plan to try them on my next visit.

Do you mean Grille 66 at the Hyatt Pier 66?

No, I've only eaten brunch on the revolving roof and at Pelican's Landing. My parents stay at the Hyatt quite a bit and my dad likes Pelican's Landing which is good, on the water, has great drinks, and is fun so that is usually where we go.

Do you mean Grille 66 at the Hyatt Pier 66?

No, I've only eaten brunch on the revolving roof and at Pelican's Landing. My parents stay at the Hyatt quite a bit and my dad likes Pelican's Landing which is good, on the water, has great drinks, and is fun so that is usually where we go.

Yes Grille 66. Looks like a nice place with seating outside also. Menu seems decent . Just found it strange it is never really mentioned here as an option.

Yes...great food, prices and the location is convenient, especially when staying at or near the Embassy Suites.

If Duffy's is what you opt for...enjoy.. you won't be disappointed :)

Works out well, we are staying at the Embassy. Thanks for recommendation. Only 13 days till we cruise!

Edited by cincicruisers

Hello

Bimini

Coconuts

Kelly's

Gilberts

IMO Coconuts has the best food and atmosphere on your list.

Bimini closed.

Kelly's is small and crowded with a sports bar vibe.

Gilberts has good food but no ambiance.

Goneclear, I haven't been to Grill 66 in the last year but I do like it a lot.