Do you check the weather report before you sail? NOT an Anthem related question

goldgirl2

I'm driving myself crazy checking the weather reports all day long. It seems like the Caribbean and Lauderdale have been a bit rainy and cooler then usual this year. I keep checking next weekend forecasts and of course it is ever changing. I live in Michigan I need sun!

Sure, check all the time. However, I'm mostly concerned with weather that would affect air travel for our flight to the cruise. Not very concerned about weather once we are the cruise.

Same here, check only to see if I need to make alternate arrangements

That's the truth. Only been to the Bahamas twice - 1st time, I watched a tornado land in the ocean and reappear on land while on the top deck (It was from a distance!). 2nd time there was a single, tiny cloud and that cloud was raining, although it didn't last long and didn't cover but a few city blocks!

the actual Caribbean will be just fine...it will be quite warm, and if there are showers, it's still hot, and they don't last long! Now, The Bahamas can be a different story, since they are NOT in the Caribbean!

Sure, check all the time. However, I'm mostly concerned with weather that would affect air travel for our flight to the cruise. Not very concerned about weather once we are the cruise.

I'm with Bob, check for flight day. Beyond that, the forecast for 4 days out is usually wrong. Heck, the forecast in the cruise compass is usually wrong!

Add us to the list for only checking for flight purposes. We rarely do excursions anymore so when we do we use the cabin window for the forecast. During winter, we fly two days early but in spring, summer, and fall, one day early.

Edited by Big_G

Yup I check all the time so I can torture myself!

I always say I am not going to do it anymore and the first thing I do as we get closer is keep checking the weather and announcing it to everyone we are traveling with.

On our New England cruise in October rain was predicated for every port. I even went out and purchased waterproof walking shoes because so much rain was predicted. We ended up with no rain at all.

On our Alaska cruise sunny skies were predicted but at the last minute it changed to rain for every port. We had no sun for five consecutive days and didn't see the horizon or the Inside Strait because the fog was so bad.

So now I always pack a light waterproof jacket when we travel.

Weather is so unpredictable.

I'm driving myself crazy checking the weather reports all day long. It seems like the Caribbean and Lauderdale have been a bit rainy and cooler then usual this year. I keep checking next weekend forecasts and of course it is ever changing. I live in Michigan I need sun!

I check before the cruise just for reassurance that I am taking the right clothes. It's just to get an idea of temperatures. The rest is unpredictable.

During the cruise, I check in the morning once we have arrived at a port using an app on my phone. The cruise compass will also provide a forecast.

Just helps me plan the day if I am getting off the ship.