Misleading Advertisement

Schmoooch

I'm searching for a very low cost cruise for Eastern Caribbean. My original plan was to book on MSC Divina dated March 26 from Miami. They have inside cabins advertised for $399 for over a week. This past weekend, I contacted 4 different agencies and the inside cabins at this price are sold out. I get this, but am frustrated that ALL of the online companies (i.e., Priceline, Orbitz, etc.) are still advertising this rate. Who can I contact to issue a formal complaint? Thank you! (First time poster!!!)

You may want to note that you're not allowed to mention travel agencies on this site.

Also, it's not some sort of conspiracy. Sometimes a cruise line won't allow too much of a discount.

In addition, if you want to save money on a cruise, try for a time when there's lower demand. Late March will have a high demand as many families and college students are looking for cruises during that time for spring break.

Thanks Cruising Chick. It's not so much the savings, it's the fact that they continue to advertise. It's deceptive and misleading that all of these different agencies continue to advertise the $399 rate ONLY to get peeps to call them up so they can try to upsell. BTW, I'm limited to this late March due to kid's Spring Break.

Unfortunately, many web sites, including those of travel agencies, don't keep their web sites up to date, so it's not uncommon to find information that is outdated and / or incorrect. Yes, you could complain, but the most you'll get would be a half-hearted apology. Instead of dealing with some TA on line, why not contact the cruise line directly? At least you'll get more up-to-date information by talking to a live human being.

I'm searching for a very low cost cruise for Eastern Caribbean. My original plan was to book on MSC Divina dated March 26 from Miami. They have inside cabins advertised for $399 for over a week. This past weekend, I contacted 4 different agencies and the inside cabins at this price are sold out. I get this, but am frustrated that ALL of the online companies (i.e., Priceline, Orbitz, etc.) are still advertising this rate. Who can I contact to issue a formal complaint? Thank you! (First time poster!!!)

I doubt that a formal complaint would make it very far, as long as there is one cruise that has or had cabins at $399 the ad meets the criteria of the law. Unless of course they specifically advertised that specific rate for your specific sailing, which is not typical of how the ads are written.

The key word in those advertisements (and you will see it everywhere) is FROM ... as in FROM $399. So, if those at the lowest price point are sold out, you expect then to go an change all of their very expensive advertising?

Smooch, I caution you on MSC. Its one of least liked lines to us Americans, Look up to CruiseCritic head top of this page. Just below right is Reviews. Click on Member reviews for real story.So many other better cruise opportunities out there.