Breakaway out of NY

sesameking

I will be returning on the Breakaway into Manhattan in May at 8 a.m. I need to be back in Boston as soon as I can to be somewhere late afternoon. There's an 11:50 flight out of JFK back and a 11:30 flight out of Newark back to Boston. Should I be OK with either of these? Which would you choose? Is it easy to get a taxi to Newark from the terminal. I plan to self disembark ASAP. Whats my best bet?

I'd do the JFK one. Disembark. Walk up the block to the next Avenue & go. If you hear that there are road problems, head to Penn Station, take the LIRR to Jamaica station & the AirTrain to the AP. It's harder to get public transportation to EWR, possible but way less convenient. At least with JFK you have a primary choice & a back up plan.

May 8 is a Sunday, so traffic won't be as bad as if it were a weekday. If everything goes with no snafu's, you SHOULD be OK. I go with the JFK flight.

But May 8 is also Mothers Day the most heavily traveled date of the year. But it should be ok in the morning. And JFK has horrendous security lines. Why isn't LaG a choice? Don't they have hourly shuttles to Boston?

Honestly, the fastest way to get back to Boston is to have a car parked on the roof of the terminal. You can drive it in four hours, and Sunday morning traffic is virtually nonexistent. (And you're on the highway literally within two minutes of leaving the terminal, no need to worry about driving on city streets.)

Honestly, the fastest way to get back to Boston is to have a car parked on the roof of the terminal. You can drive it in four hours, and Sunday morning traffic is virtually nonexistent. (And you're on the highway literally within two minutes of leaving the terminal, no need to worry about driving on city streets.)

Another option is Amtrack. Don't they have an Axcela (sp?) train that makes it to Boston? No hassel to get to the airport and deal with security. A taxi can take you to Grand Central in a few minutes on a Sunday AM. Also as previous poster stated, least hassel airport to Boston is typically LaGuardia- I wouldn't even consider Newark or JFK

Edited by Cruise a holic

Another option is Amtrack. Don't they have an Axcela (sp?) train that makes it to Boston? No hassel to get to the airport and deal with security. A taxi can take you to Grand Central in a few minutes on a Sunday AM. Also as previous poster stated, least hassel airport to Boston is typically LaGuardia- I wouldn't even consider Newark or JFK

Amtrak is certainly an option. However it leaves from New York Penn Station instead of Grand Central Station. NYPS is probably a bit easier to get to than GST because of its location on the West Side at 8th & 32nd.