Luggage Tags

tunaman2011

I requested mine online about 2 months before the cruise but they never came so I had a friend print them for me.

When I checked my mail after returning from the cruise - there they were, all shiny and pretty. Too bad I didn't get to use them!!

Here are a pic of our luggage tags. After ordering online 3 time and not getting any tags

I ordered mine online several times and never got them. Then I called Celebrity and asked if they would send some. My sister and I are sharing a cabin. Well today in the mail I got the luggage tags....that's the good news! The bad news is they sent my sister's to me as well. She's in NY and I am in FL....so now I have to mail hers to NY. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have the phone number of the Captain's Club? We have 24 days till our cruise and I have ordered my tags twice and had not received them. Back in the mid-2000s you didn't have to order them, they were just sent to you.

Same here. Ordered online three times then emailed captains club. They replied that there was a supplier problem in the UK and they would get them sent to me. They never came. This was in December/ January and since then I have read that they are not available to UK customers any more. Yes I can and did print my own but for goodness sake Celebrity just stop messing us about !

Same for us. Received our e-docs for our upcoming TA. Couldn't

order from manage my booking so phoned Celebrity UK but was told they are not available for us Brits. I thought this might happen so I ordered the holders from Amazon and will just print the ones from the e-docs and put them into the holders. I agree though , we should be able to get luggage labels.

Does anyone have the phone number of the Captain's Club? We have 24 days till our cruise and I have ordered my tags twice and had not received them. Back in the mid-2000s you didn't have to order them, they were just sent to you.

Captains Club desk:

1-800-760-0654

Edited by davekathy

I ordered the luggage tags online 3-4 weeks ago. Never received them. I called Captains Club yesterday. They couldn't find a record of my online order. They said they would send me some. Hope I get them within the next 2 weeks.

Yea! Just received my luggage tags....took 1 1/2 weeks after phone call to Captains Club. Three days to go. [emoji41][emoji568]

I am Elite plus. Talked to CC bout another matter yesterday. Asked about tags. They said download then ONLINE. Love their great service.

If you're from the USA or Canada call the Captains Club desk again and request they mail your luggage tags to you. Sounds like the rep you spoke with is clueless.

Same for us. Received our e-docs for our upcoming TA. Couldn't

order from manage my booking so phoned Celebrity UK but was told they are not available for us Brits. I thought this might happen so I ordered the holders from Amazon and will just print the ones from the e-docs and put them into the holders. I agree though , we should be able to get luggage labels.

I have done the same and the Amazon tag holders are just fine.

After many weeks, our luggage tags finally arrived today! :)

Several weeks ago, I tried ordering online. After a few more weeks and no sign of them in the mail, I tried again. Same result. About this time it was apparent that calling the Captains Club solved the problem for most CC members, so I called and spoke to a charming young lady. After confidently stating that she could order them for me and taking all the pertinent information, I heard an "Oh oh". The now profusely apologetic Captains Club representative advised me that there was a glitch in the system, and as I was part of a group, if she proceeded with my order, tags ordered by anyone else in the group would also be mailed to me. After another round of apologies, she suggested that I contact my TA.

My TA called Celebrity and was advised that there was a glitch in the system. :roll eyes: Ah, yes, we know that, but what can be done to solve it? The Celebrity employee wasn't sure. My TA told me not to worry, she'd pursue the issue. The following day, she advised me that the problem was now solved - I didn't ask how - and the tags were on their way. That was a couple of weeks ago, but I was just happy to see them arrive, especially as they even got the cabin number right! :D

Yes, yes, I know that I could have printed the tags (I do for all my non-Celebrity cruises) or had the porters tag them at the dock, but it's the principle of the thing. If Celebrity is going to offer pre-printed luggage tags as part of its "Modern Luxury", then it should darn well follow through with its offer. The cynic in me wonders if the "failure" of the online ordering system isn't just a way for Celebrity to save on printing and mailing costs. CC members represent only a small percentage of Celebrity's North American passenger base, and I wonder how many other passengers would know to call the Captains Club.

Anyway, I've got them now, all nicely printed out and accompanied by Celebrity's horribly wrong instruction to attach them to your luggage "before leaving home." They'll be popped into my bags until the morning of our embarkation, when I will attach them before leaving our hotel and heading to the port. ;)

We were on the Summit last week, and at the CC function attended by the Captain, Cruise Director, Hotel Director, etc., the topic of luggage tags came up. When the woman first asked, they thought it was an isolated problem, and then asked if anyone else had experienced it. When 2/3 of those present raised their hands, there was obvious dismay.

They got back to us later in the cruise indicating that it was a malfunction in the back end of their web site. According to them, the web site is undergoing a massive re-design and it will be addressed as part of that. No commitment on roll out date however. Bottom line, status quo, so we'll go through Captains Club until we hear otherwise.

Update 2/26 I called Captains Club today and talked with Marie who was very nice and very new. She said they were having a problem with the luggage tag orders. She said she could send the tags to my T/A and I told her that would take to long and what would they do if I didn't have a T/A. She finally put me on hold and went to talked to someone, she came back and said she would ship them to my address. I'm wondering if I will get them so now I just wait and see. It seems that this problem has been going on for some time, why can't they get it fixed...just another IT glitch?

Stay tuned,

J.

My tags showed up today (3/4) in the mail so I guess calling Captain Club must work.

I just don't understand why there is a need to order the luggage tags. Shouldn't they just send them out for everyone that's going? I'm pretty sure everyone has luggage....
Everyone has luggage, but not everyone wants to bother with needing to bring luggage tags along from home.

We prefer to have our luggage tagged when we check it in at the cruise port.

Just one less thing to mess with in advance.

It takes us about 10 to15 seconds per tag when we do it ourselves, and the porters do it even faster.

Sometimes we travel with carry-on bags only and need no luggage tags at all.

Then there are other passengers who prefer to make their own luggage tags, and some who even purchase special holders for them.

Several times Celebrity has sent us, and others, luggage tags even though we never ordered them.

They are already wasting money mailing out lots of luggage tags that just get thrown away.

Everyone has luggage, but not everyone wants to bother with needing to bring luggage tags along from home.

We prefer to have our luggage tagged when we check it in at the cruise port.

Just one less thing to mess with in advance.

It takes us about 10 to15 seconds per tag when we do it ourselves, and the porters do it even faster.

Sometimes we travel with carry-on bags only and need no luggage tags at all.

Then there are other passengers who prefer to make their own luggage tags, and some who even purchase special holders for them.

Several times Celebrity has sent us, and others, luggage tags even though we never ordered them.

They are already wasting money mailing out lots of luggage tags that just get thrown away.

...and not everyone wants to bother waiting for the porter to tag luggage. It's all about personal choices.

I have a different take on luggage tags. I purchased the plastic tag holders, a one time small expense. Inside my checked luggage, if opened, I have the detail details of my cruise incase something happens to my luggage. The tag on my luggage could be helpful if something happens to my luggage. It only takes me a couple of minutes to attach the tags. If I'm arriving on the ship's shuttle once they loaded my luggage I won't see it again until it's in my stateroom.

Tom😎

Haven't read the whole thread, but on our B2B in January I requested luggage tags. They didn't show. Called Captain's Club about a month out - Elite+ - send them right out. When we returned home they were in our mail box. :rolleyes:

What I have done on RCL is print the tags and cover them with clear packing tape on both sides. It works well.

Edited by Cancruz

I requested mine online. They did not arrive. I called Captain's Club, and they arrived TODAY for my Constellation April 2, TA!!!! The gentleman from CC was very nice and acknowledged the online system is not working. A call must be made.

Marie