Pool towels on the Oasis

cindivan

Something in another post reminded me of something.... When we were on the Oasis over New Years we would go check out our towels, then dutifully count and bring them back when we were done. At one point about halfway through the cruise my dad was making sure the attendant credited him for the correct amount of towels because my dad had first told him a lower amount before my mom corrected him. The attendant told them the handheld thing just beeped, didn't really keep track of anything. It was all for show according to him.

Anyone else have this experience/know if this is true?

Edited by cindivan

Something in another post reminded me of something.... When we were on the Oasis over New Years we would go check out our towels, then dutifully count and bring them back when we were done. At one point about halfway through the cruise my dad was making sure the attendant credited him for the correct amount of towels because my dad had first told him a lower amount before my mom corrected him. The attendant told them the handheld thing just beeped, didn't really keep track of anything. It was all for show according to him.

Yeah they never really tracked any of the pool towels we used on the Oasis in 2014. Had a group of people and it didn't matter who checked out and returned.

Apparently it is. Our cabin attendant took ours all the time out of the cabin and when asked about being charged, he said they just want to keep track of towels going out, not coming back. Haven't heard of anyone getting a towel charge in a long time

I was on Oasis last week and you were allowed only 2 towels per sea pass. They scanned and looked at the computer monitor when I returned them. Many times the pool attendant mentioned that I was up to date and no outstanding towels due. Don't know if they just beeped why did they confirmed via monitor.

That's good to know.....this is really annoying about RCI

I handed in a big wad of towels, later found out I grabbed the peoples next to me on accident. went back to tell the guy sorry and that I handed 4 in and checked 2 out, he said don't worry because we don't track them anyway. Just way to control "most" people from stealing them.

Interesting nelblu is perhaps the most recent cruiser to comment and sounds like they track them now. I don't mind them tracking them, but a max of 2 per person is crazy. Most times one family member will go up to get towels for several family members.

I remember once (sighing dreamily) when I had a gold card and all I had to do was flash that gold sexy little baby and get all the towels I wanted and they never even fake-beeped my card.

I can see where it save RC a ton of labor from not having to collect the towels and also opens up chairs that otherwise might be questionably taken with towels still left on them.

Interesting nelblu is perhaps the most recent cruiser to comment and sounds like they track them now. I don't mind them tracking them, but a max of 2 per person is crazy. Most times one family member will go up to get towels for several family members.

I remember once (sighing dreamily) when I had a gold card and all I had to do was flash that gold sexy little baby and get all the towels I wanted and they never even fake-beeped my card.

I can see where it save RC a ton of labor from not having to collect the towels and also opens up chairs that otherwise might be questionably taken with towels still left on them.

Just a note, when my wife was not with me and on the other side of the ship, I commented to the pool attendant where my DW was, and grudgingly gave me the extra towels--happened more than once. It seems that towel policy changes from ship to ship and sail to sail. Wonder what it'll be on the March 26 sail.

In my experience, it's not two per person, it's two per card. I bring Laura's card all the time and get four

In my experience, it's not two per person, it's two per card. I bring Laura's card all the time and get four

That would work if it were just DH and me. Often our wholes family plan to meet at a specific time and we all straggle in over the next 15 minutes. And while I do have my crazy knee I am still considerably more mobile than my parents.

Oh well. I guess If I can survive the segregation of bananas being rejected from the fruit world and then those same poor innocent bananas having to slum it with the condiments, this too I can survive.