Just off 2/14 Liberty sailing...

What a wonderful cruise. We had a blast and thought the changes/additions were really nice. The staff was eager to serve and always smiling. If you have any questions, ask away, I'll try to answer.

When sailing out of Galveston, The state of Texas wants their tax $ on all liquors/beer sold etc. As such, RCCL only elects to buy the lower end liquors which equals lower taxes paid. Here's a pic of what is served until the ship hits international waters of 12 miles out. In our case, it was approximately 7pm.

TexBarDrinks_zps1vtdfjfg.jpg

The first night, MTD was a flat out disaster. It appears that everyone made reservations to eat around 6 - 6:30pm. Two lines were formed, those with reservations and those without. The line w/ reservations was several hundred people deep. The line w/o was about 12 people. Needless to say, the wait was well over an hour long to be seated. Many just left. We changed our reservations to 7:30 for the rest of the week. We had no issues the remainder of the week.

There has been a lot of discussions of drink prices on the boards the past 18 months or so. Mostly complaining about the cost etc. On this sailing, the R Bar & Boleros offered some nice drinks for $10 each.

R%20Bar_zps8vm5whtb.jpg

Boleros_zpsffagzrm5.jpg

What a wonderful cruise. We had a blast and thought the changes/additions were really nice. The staff was eager to serve and always smiling. If you have any questions, ask away, I'll try to answer.

When sailing out of Galveston, The state of Texas wants their tax $ on all liquors/beer sold etc. As such, RCCL only elects to buy the lower end liquors which equals lower taxes paid. Here's a pic of what is served until the ship hits international waters of 12 miles out. In our case, it was approximately 7pm.

TexBarDrinks_zps1vtdfjfg.jpg

The first night, MTD was a flat out disaster. It appears that everyone made reservations to eat around 6 - 6:30pm. Two lines were formed, those with reservations and those without. The line w/ reservations was several hundred people deep. The line w/o was about 12 people. Needless to say, the wait was well over an hour long to be seated. Many just left. We changed our reservations to 7:30 for the rest of the week. We had no issues the remainder of the week.

There has been a lot of discussions of drink prices on the boards the past 18 months or so. Mostly complaining about the cost etc. On this sailing, the R Bar & Boleros offered some nice drinks for $10 each.

R%20Bar_zps8vm5whtb.jpg

Boleros_zpsffagzrm5.jpg

Glad you had a great cruise. My family will be sailing on the Western sailing (Belize,Cozumel, Honduras), if you were on this same sailing, would you be able to post the Cruise Compass?

Experience on the new water slides, mini golf? Any not to miss shows?

I have heard about the mattress being hard, what was your experience?

Thanks.

Mini golf was re-located and renamed. It's now called Liberty Dunes and located forward on Deck 12. Of course it's very windy so they added clear plexiglass walls. It's a nice upgrade.

Wow, looks much nicer that it did before.:)

Thank you for info and pics.

Another member on your cruise heard that it could be a few months before Tidal Wave would be open. Did you hear anything different?

Did they offer the drink punch card or discounted drink packages based on C&A level at any point?

Hi Chukli, Yes, we did the Western itenerary. It maybe a few days before I can get the compasses scanned, but I will.

Tidal Wave is still not open. Apparently there is a flaw in the engineering design so the manufacture has not released it's opening. From what we were told the tubes 'tip over' before reaching the bottom of the slide. Something tells me that RCCL can't be too happy. As it's assembled and just sits there.

But the slides are really nice. The stair case from top to bottom has 61 steps. I don't know how hot it would be inside the staircase in July, but on this cruise it was comfortable. But wow can you smell the chlorine! The Orange slide is sorta blah & slow. The Green slide has tighter turns therefore it's faster. It also has different sections of 'lights' in the tunnel. From flashing lights, to sections of polar ice, black, blue, etc. Here's a pic of the slides from our balcony at night.

SlidesAtNight_zpsd74dm5ir.jpg

Thank you for info and pics.

Another member on your cruise heard that it could be a few months before Tidal Wave would be open. Did you hear anything different?

Did they offer the drink punch card or discounted drink packages based on C&A level at any point?

We never heard any date of expected opening. But with the Liberty leaving every Sunday, whenever the new design rolls out, it will need to be corrected /fixed while at sea. It's definitely a messed up situation.

We puchased our Drink Pkgs before boarding so we never looked for a C&A discount. Friday was the first day they offered drink cards. 10 drinks for $67.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

We will be on Liberty with a group that will have several balcony rooms together. We were wondering if RC will allow us to remove partitions between balconies? We have always been able to do this on Carnival. If you have more pics of the updates, I would love to see them!

Thanks,

Bfoxey

We enjoyed a wonderful Cabin Crawl w/ about 9 or 10 different cabins being offered. Including the Ben & Jerry Sweet, the Royal Family Siute and the Owner's Suite. We offered up our JS but the one cabin we really would have enjoyed seeing was the new Panaramic View cabin on Deck 12. I did take this pic from the heliport. They are located in this pic in the top row of windows. Just above them is Liberty Dunes.

PanaramicSuites_zpstcopzfl5.jpg

The Suite Lounge... For this sailing, it was for Suite, Pinnacle & Diamond Plus. So after we did the slides, we went exploring the ship a bit walking deck 12. The wife leads the way through some door thinking it was the Viking Lounge. There was no signage, it wasn't locked, so in we go in our swim suits and carrying our towels. Well you guessed it! We walked right into the Suite Lounge. The folks were definitely checking us out and we quickly exited. I'm thinking that they have a sign up on that door now! :D

BTW, I have no idea where the Diamond lounge was located. It was only by chance that we stumbled on to the Suite Lounge.

We will be on Liberty with a group that will have several balcony rooms together. We were wondering if RC will allow us to remove partitions between balconies? We have always been able to do this on Carnival. If you have more pics of the updates, I would love to see them!

Thanks,

Bfoxey

This should not be a problem. Just asks your room attendant once you board & get checked in.

Thank you. We will not be happy if TW not up and running.

Forgot to ask, did you catch Derek Lewis at the Hoof & Claw pub?

Yes, we caught the Adult Day Care at night a couple of times. He begins promptly at 9:30 each night. His one night off is Wed night. Great fun. And yes... I'm a Superstar! :D

How was the Saturday Night Fever show if you went? Do you know about how long it lasted? Trying to make Specialty Dinner reservations. Thank you. Glad you had a good cruise.

Saturday Night Fever was close to 90 minutes.

thanks for the great information.

you said you wish you could have seen the new deck 12 rooms. were they not available still? i have FP booked for april and hoping i actually get in.

To my knowledge they were occupied. When I said I was hoping to see them, I meant that I wished someone from our roll call that had one of these cabins would have volunteered to join us on the cabin crawl.

To my knowledge they were occupied. When I said I was hoping to see them, I meant that I wished someone from our roll call that had one of these cabins would have volunteered to join us on the cabin crawl.

Could be wrong but I don't think they were in use. We walked through the hall on day one and all of the doors appeared to be propped open and workers still in the area.

Could be wrong but I don't think they were in use. We walked through the hall on day one and all of the doors appeared to be propped open and workers still in the area.

Well there you go! I was pretty sure that we'd get one on the cabin crawl and your reply answers why we didn't. Thanks for your update!

Hi, Goodtime. Thanks for coming on to post some information. :) Do you happen to recall the menu order on your cruise? I've seen both of the ones listed below mentioned for Liberty sailings out of Galveston.

Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Shiitake, Pimiento, Basil (Formal), Jasmine, Pomodoro

- or -

Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Pomodoro, Jasmine (Formal), Basil, Shiitake

I'm glad to see that Shiner Bock was listed on the limited, Texas bar menu. Do you know if it was available throughout the cruise?

Thanks for the info.

Tim

While in Port Texas law stipulates they can only sell alcohol purchased in Texas so Royal will not want to spend much!

When you disembark they now tax cigs and liquor same as on land ports of entry:

https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/poe/tax_rates.asp

Don't bring back lots of miniatures!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

Hi, Goodtime. Thanks for coming on to post some information. :) Do you happen to recall the menu order on your cruise? I've seen both of the ones listed below mentioned for Liberty sailings out of Galveston.

Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Shiitake, Pimiento, Basil (Formal), Jasmine, Pomodoro

- or -

Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Pomodoro, Jasmine (Formal), Basil, Shiitake

I'm glad to see that Shiner Bock was listed on the limited, Texas bar menu. Do you know if it was available throughout the cruise?

Thanks for the info.

Tim

Well Tim... you got me!?! To be honest, I just don't keep up with the names of the menu for each night. I can tell you that formal night was on Thursday. Shiner is most likely available at the Hoof & Claw. I do know that it was being served at the Pool Bar on day one. Wish I could help more but that's all I got!

While in Port Texas law stipulates they can only sell alcohol purchased in Texas so Royal will not want to spend much!

When you disembark they now tax cigs and liquor same as on land ports of entry:

https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/poe/tax_rates.asp

Don't bring back lots of miniatures!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

Tax Stamps are $3.75 for each liter of liquor. I have no idea about cigs.