All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

We like sea days too ❤️   Glad you are enjoying the humidity effect on your hair - I know many who just complain about it.  Hoping that everyone got prepared during the sales - if you're prepared then you won't need the supplies because it won't be that bad 😉 (one can dream).

Anita, my girls use Bumble & Bumble surf spray products when they’re in humid (or beachy) areas. I, however, have the straightest hair possible, I can’t even put a curl in it & I love it. Melody

Good morning to all!  The wedding was beautiful...just beautiful.  So much work, but so worth it.  

I have no pictures to share other than one that I didn't take very well.  I wanted to be in the moment, and enjoy what was happening around me.  I know the photographer got some great pictures, and I can't wait until he gets them ready.

We still have a little work to do, as we cleaned up last night but have to go back to pick up a few things.

• Like 2

Laurie thanks for sharing! Even without pictures...I was thinking about you on and off all day yesterday...hoping all was going well. So glad to hear it did. Will enjoy seeing the photos when you can share them.

I just booked reward travel for DS to get back to London after the winter break. Wanted to share...because I learned from Margaret...just wanted to share this info again, because it is so useful. The details are that we needed to purchase a one-way for DS after New Year's (hopefully) but before he had to go to class on Jan 6...with a bit of time there for him to get over the flight and the time change. Not an inexpensive proposition, especially with a one-way flight.

I've been debating the one-way flight...but it just makes sense that we get on the cycle of the RT flights originating and returning to London...rather than from here. If I were buying a RT ticket...I'd be trying to get a return flight in July. The booking window isn't even open to July yet...and picking a July date is somewhat ridiculous when that's the end of the school year that hasn't even started yet. Much better to be thinking about that July flight as the first of a RT that is July to September...and so on.

Anyway...the lesson learned from Margaret is with regards to reward travel and how there are only so many reward seats at whatever reward pricing levels from the different airports for the different routes. I could still get a one-way ticket from MCO to London with a layover in Atlanta for 44K miles...BUT the layover was around 12 hours. Ridic. So I looked at my nearby airports and I could get a flight from little Melbourne to London for 44K miles with only a 3 hour layover in ATL. There were 2 options for 44K from MCO but there were over a dozen options from Melbourne.

So the lesson to pass along AGAIN is that if you are booking reward travel, contrary to what you might think...you can get a better deal from smaller airports where the competition for reward travel may be less.

I don't know if we will make a change to the ticket once we figure things out...it is possible...and much easier to do with reward travel than with OOP tickets. But I think we'll stick with taking advantage of reward travel to get DS's travel on a different cycle.

Meanwhile...still loving the move...still unpacking and settling in. Thinking about re-dying my hair because the purple has faded so much.

And I made a sweet purchase yesterday at Uniqlo:

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women-airism-uv-cut-long-sleeve-mesh-hoodie-413363.html

SO lightweight...this is the perfect summer hoodie. Debbie...I highly recommend this. I think it would be great at the lake and I know you love your hoodies too. I bought the orange which is a perfect Earth color...especially Soft Earth. IDK that it would be as good on others...for you, I'd have to go back to the store to pay attention...one of the blues/lavender I think might work well.

• Like 2

The florist posted a picture of my daughter's bouquet plus a table arrangement.  This was when they were first delivered, before the firefly lights were turned on. I also have one of the bouquets currently on my counter.  We had talked a lot about what should be on them and I think this captures our thoughts well.

20190615_131955.jpg

20190615_131944.jpg

FB_IMG_1560648022008.jpg

FB_IMG_1560647621416.jpg

• Like 2

Laurie, beautiful centerpieces. I love peonies. I, too, was thinking of you on Friday and hoping everything went well. Now you have at least five seconds to rest up before the baby comes. :D

I was in Bermuda twice in the 90's when DH had conferences there. I loved it, and I felt very comfortable going about on my own while he was working. I saw my first barracuda while snorkeling from St. George, and the hotel (now gone) had a shuttle to pink beach. Just lovely. I hope we go back some day.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads we know. We went out for pancakes this morning, and the diner was filled with dads and their kids. So sweet.

I had my "retirement" party on Thursday, and I have one more day of meetings at the college, and then I'm finished. So weird but great. :)

Our new neighbor at the lake is a florist, and I mentioned that our gazebo would be great for weddings... who knows, maybe that will be my next business! 

• Like 1

I haven't had a chance to post much of anything since the wedding, but I very much want to tell you all about it as soon as time allows.  The photographer posted a few sneak peeks, so I will share them shortly to give you all a little feel of things.  They took a short drive down the street to a waterfall and those pictures are just amazing.

Sally, or anyone who shops Jjill….what are your thoughts on this dress?  When I zoom in, I really can't tell if that is mostly brown or black.  It sure seems pretty and is on sale for a great price.

https://www.jjill.com/product/cross-back-knit-maxi-dress-164881s-1

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, laurspag said:

I haven't had a chance to post much of anything since the wedding, but I very much want to tell you all about it as soon as time allows.  The photographer posted a few sneak peeks, so I will share them shortly to give you all a little feel of things.  They took a short drive down the street to a waterfall and those pictures are just amazing.

Sally, or anyone who shops Jjill….what are your thoughts on this dress?  When I zoom in, I really can't tell if that is mostly brown or black.  It sure seems pretty and is on sale for a great price.

It is brown . That was there color this season . Check the reviews they are mixed .You can use shoprunner at JJill and get free shipping

Edited by Sailor_Sally

12 hours ago, laurspag said:

I like the dress a lot!  They call it Kona so I’d guess it’s a coffee color. 

You sign up for shop runner . Just goggle it and it will come up. It gives you free shipping at various stores . It has saved me a bundle . Did you buy that dress ? That was a good sale . I got a pair of chinos and a tunic top for $55. JJIll regularly has huge sales .

Edited by Sailor_Sally

Laurie, your daughter looks so beautiful, what lovely photos. She has the prettiest smile!

I finished the semester on Tuesday. I spent Wednesday binge-watching the last few episodes of Project Runway and then getting my spider veins zapped. There may have been chocolate involved, and some kitty time. 🥰

We are having the worst weather - low 50's at night, low 70's during the day, and rain rain rain all the time. Nothing is dry because it's so humid. We can't run the AC to dry things out because it's not hot enough for it to work right. The subways aren't running well and the traffic is awful. When is summer coming?!?!?

• Like 1

In the mood to share my cute kitty:

DaniTableSm.jpg.286cba8de969b38cd051cbc25f714638.jpg

We've been waiting all day for the wind to die down so we can kayak, and in the meantime I've been working on our Patagonia trip. It looks like we have enough miles for the airfare, so on Monday I'm gonna book it!  It includes a five-day fjords cruise on the Australis:

https://www.australis.com/site/en/choose-your-trip/routes-one-way/fjords-of-tierra-del-fuego/

December 2020 feels like a looooong time to wait!

Edited by MJC
  • Like 1