All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Laurie, seriously, don’t push too hard, you could end up back in the hospital!  Ease back in, maybe half a day for a week then back to normal schedule. Kidney stones are sneaky little critters. I echo Anita, thank goodness it didn’t happen on wedding weekend. Water with lemon really helps keep my kidney stones at bay. Your episode was scary, good you were in a major city with outstanding emergency health care readily available. Melody

Laurie...hope you are improving. Did you see the doctor yesterday too? 

i wanted to share this product with everyone:

https://www.ulta.com/double-duty-beauty-busy-gal-brows-tinted-brow-gel?productId=xlsImpprod17791065

I think I'm one of the few on this thread who does not have a daily cosmetics routine. I typically do not wear makeup of any sort...but I own it and I enjoy using it when we go out, etc., but because my going out face is SO different from my everyday face...I always feel AWFUL when I wear makeup because I just think I personally look rather odd, a little too made up. So I've been collecting product that I can wear more regularly...things that seem to fit my daily life of not doing much and not being seen by many, if any beyond DH and DS...but things that can make me feel happier about my appearance when I look in the bathroom mirror.

Which brings me to this amazing brow product. I have thicker, not super bushy, but rather unruly brows...the outer brow likes to point down at an angle. Every time I mess with my brows...I am reminded how well groomed brows are one of the simplest things you can do to lift your face. I've used a brow pencil in the past...I've tried to master the art of adding a line here and there to give myself a more "natural" but groomed brow...and I would rate my efforts a FAIL. But this product has helped me fix my brow issues!! I'm in like with it...I've been using it daily since I just decided to try it when I saw it on an end display in Ulta. The first day was rather odd...it isn't that I feel like my brows were darker so much as they were more striking because they were more uniform in color and groomed and staying put.

I just saw myself in the bathroom...and I would venture to say that brows are definitely one way that you can look younger. I think lighter (not just less hair but literally lighter colored hair) brows are associated more with aging. I FEEL like I look a bit more youthful with my brows made up.

So just wanted to share. My hair has gotten darker over the years...but I still purchased the golden blonde color and it's a great complement to my particular coloring.

Still not sure what we are doing for our anniversary on Friday...but I think we're going to visit one of the participating museums in the Band of America program this weekend...in all the years I've known about the program, I've only ever managed to make it to ONE weekend. Florida has a lot of participation so hoping to change that...

• Like 2

Anita, I like your term of being "in like" with a product 🙂 I also don't have much of a daily routine, but do feel more put together when I wear some makeup.  I like the effect shown in the pictures - the brows look mostly natural, but defined.  I like my makeup to enhance natural features or maybe cover-up/even out problem areas, but I don't like it to scream "look at my makeup!"

Have a great anniversary weekend ❤️ 

• Like 1

I’ve used those brow products, they work pretty well. I have a scar (squamous skin cancer) over my right eye where the outside of my brow used to be, so drawing is a daily affair. I wear taupe 

here’s a couple of pictures with my new capris & new necklace & bracelet set. The first is the corner of our yard Melody

C50C3CEC-5711-400C-9607-DF226476B641.jpeg

DD9C128A-B663-4C3B-B93C-832DE4D2A558.jpeg

• Like 1

So did any of you hear about Royal Carribean's glitch ? Monday they offered the drink package for $18 . It was a mistake but when people phoned the reps said it was a fourth of July sale . Well at first they were going to cancel everybody's purchase but after getting blasted in social media they honored the price .

Thanks all, I do like my blue!  

That Royal glitch was something else!  Almost made me wish I’d had a Royal cruise booked!  

‘’Everyone have a safe & happy Fourth. Anita, have a great anniversary!  Melody 

18 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

I was just too late to book it...I heard about it too late and when I tried, the graphic and advertising was still showing $18, but the price in the cart was based on the normal price.

Congrats Sally! You got a great deal!

They are calling it beveragegate . It was only good for cruises after 2019 . I nabbed it for our transatlantic. I like to drink bottled water and a few glasses of wine .

• Like 2

Hi all!  First, thank you all so much.  I am feeling so much better.  

I did as most of you said, and decided I would ease back into things.  I told my boss I would be in on Monday, but only as long as I felt up to it.  I left early.  For Tuesday and Wednesday, I stayed the whole day, but worked at a much slower pace.  When told that I had a few things that "needed" to be done, I replied that I would try, no guarantees.  My health came first, and I had no intention of overdoing it.

Boy, was that hard to do in some ways.  However, it was very freeing.  I am really looking at things and thinking about how I've worked hard to eat better, exercise, lose weight.  But I have also taxed myself greatly from a mental standpoint, to the point where it has been effecting me physically.  I love my job, and I'm very grateful for it.  But it is time to bring my life back into balance.  It was interesting to have so many well wishers state to me that I can't "let this job do this to me."  I know banking doesn't cause kidney stones, lol.  I could definitely relate to what they were saying or implying.

That being said, I went to my doctor last week for repeat blood work, which was mandatory as part of my hospital release.  This was due to the infection and to monitor kidney function.  My blood work was much, much better.  Overall, I still feel drained but part of that comes from the medicine they gave me relating to the stent.  The stent itself is very uncomfortable, and it tends to worsen as the day progresses.  I think this is because when you sleep you are not drinking water all night or getting up to use the bathroom, but I don't know.  

Now, I've gone to the gym three times now.  I'm not working out, just walking leisurely since the gym has a track.  I have found the gentle movement to help with the fluid retention and the ache that set in to my hips from having to be stationery a lot.  So all in all, that has been a good boost for me.   

shh....I slept late today.   🙂

My urology appointment is not until Thursday.  My docs in Boston would be having a fit. My regular primary is not exactly happy.  I left the hospital with a detailed summary along with a disk of my CT scan, and they wanted full records instead.  I can understand that, but they would not schedule an appointment until they received them directly.  That took a bit.  Then, they said they wanted the proper referral, then the holiday, etc.  But it is what it is.  I've been given very specific instructions that if pain returns or a fever or anything, to head right to the ER.  

I am doing well though.  I am hoping on my visit Thursday, they are willing to do the procedure for blasting the stones right then and there.  That might be lofty.  But if they schedule it quickly, that would be great.  The sooner they break them up, the sooner I can pass them and then get the stent out a few weeks later.   I have a vacation to go on.  🙂  I actually have no restrictions.  The main issue was the infection, and that is well under control.   If I have to, I'll go on vacation with the stent.  

I too am so happy it didn't happen the weekend of the wedding.  

On Monday, when that glitch happened, I saw it on a Facebook post someone made.   I signed in to see if I could add it, but they had already pulled it.  Darn it.  It doesn't pay for us to buy the drink package, but for $18.00 a day, it sure would.  

I found this today, and just love it.  I don't know if the gathers would work for me.  I would definitely try I to see if they had my size.  I have a coupon and can get $40.00 off of it, but it is still sort of expensive.  I was thinking that it is pretty versatile.  It can be worn on my cruise or the my niece's wedding late this summer.  

Sometimes, I see dresses I like but I fully realize there is a different between loving a dress, and loving a dress on me.  In other words, I can appreciate the beauty even if it isn't a good choice for me.  This is such a wonderful brown, so it gets points for color.  While I am not a fan of polka dots, small ones like this don't bother me.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/adrianna-papell-polka-dot-halter-maxi-dress?ID=9143221&CategoryID=5449#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D342%26ruleId%3D78%26kws%3Dadrianna papell%26lskws%3Dadrianna papell%26searchType%3Dls%26searchPass%3DexactMultiMatch%26slotId%3D14

Here is another dress I'm looking at.  It is much cheaper.  It's a print, with some wonderful colors.  I don't know about the light background.  Since I have been trying to be open minded, I would certainly try this one too.  You never know.    With both dresses, I worry about different things but I like trying different things and analyzing the results.

Unfortunately, this is currently out of stock in my size as well.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/premier-amour-sleeveless-floral-maxi-dress/ppr5007847598?pTmplType=regular

• Like 1

Laurie , Glad you are feeling better . Keep taking it easy especially until you see the urologist .That $18 drink package was only for cruises in 2000 or 2001 . We only bought a drink package once and it was not worth it for us but at $18 I saw the value and snagged the deal .How soon is your cruise ?

Sally, I'm definitely taking it easy.  One of the side effects of one of the prescriptions is fatigue.  I think that is a very adequate description....you feel like you lack energy.  I'm weak, but not sleepy.  This is actually good in a way, because I'm listening to my body say "hey, you aren't up to that yet!".  

I purchased the drink package once before.  While I liked that I didn't have to keep track of what I was spending, RCI made hundreds off of me.  

I cruise the first week in August, so I have one month to fee as good as new.  😉 

Laurie, so glad you eased back in at work.. Stents are so very uncomfortable, hopefully they’ll blast those little buggers & you’ll start feeling like Laurie!  

Hope everyone had a good Fourth. We played with the puppy ❤️ .  Les managed to gouge his gum (while trying to floss one handed. We thought he needed a root canal, but dentist said teeth were fine & not to floss until he could use both hands. I think his gum hurts worse that the shoulder right now!  Melody

89D0477F-C2E0-474A-978F-7AE715B37490.jpeg

I keep seeing this thread and had no idea.  So I went to the first post which referred me back to the original thread.  Which seemed to with colors of clothes.  But skimming through these more recent threads I'm completely confused.  What IS it all about?  TIA.

19 hours ago, clo said:

I keep seeing this thread and had no idea.  So I went to the first post which referred me back to the original thread.  Which seemed to with colors of clothes.  But skimming through these more recent threads I'm completely confused.  What IS it all about?  TIA.

Started off as just colors & clothing & has morphed into a friendly discussion