Do they press the shirts in the laundry?

JonnyGUofD

I've used Celebrity's laundry service many times, but, I've always done just underwear and t-shirts. On our upcoming Eclipse cruise, I'm thinking I'd like to put some dress shirts in the wash or for dry cleaning?

I'm a little concerned that, at worst, they get ruined or, at best, they come back wrinkled (unpressed).

If you have experience using the X laundry for men's dress shirts, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

I've used Celebrity's laundry service many times, but, I've always done just underwear and t-shirts. On our upcoming Eclipse cruise, I'm thinking I'd like to put some dress shirts in the wash or for dry cleaning?

I'm a little concerned that, at worst, they get ruined or, at best, they come back wrinkled (unpressed).

If you have experience using the X laundry for men's dress shirts, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

If you put them in with other items in a bag, they will not press them, just fold them. You have to specify pressing them.

If using Elite coupons, you can use both the laundry coupon and the pressing coupon in the same bag. Simply note it on the slip as others have said. They do quite a nice job. Alerting your attendant to your wishes doesn't hurt either.

Like others have said, straight laundry results in a clean wrinkled shirt. Questions:To get it pressed, do you have to pay the pressing charge too? That would make for a very expensive clean shirt.......I get the laundered AND pressed at home for less than 2 bucks!

Even though we get lots of free washes & some dry cleaning free ,I always bring just wash & wear shirts .;) I wash them my self in the shower & let them hang dry . Those wash & wear shirts save me lots of packing room :D

What I usually send out to be washed s my underwear ,socks & gym wear .:)

I have them clean & press my slacks & sport jacket:D

Thanks!

Yes! They press men's dress shirts / suits and they do an excellent job.

Every time I've sent any type of button up shirt to the laundry (or dry cleaning for silk shirts) at the regular piece rate (or with a captain's club coupon good for itemized piece rate laundry) they have been returned neatly pressed on a hanger. I've done this at least 10 times or so on different cruises. If you send them in with a "bag of laundry" special then they'll almost always come back folded in a bag and unpressed.

Even when I've sent polo shirts in for laundry at the piece rate they have always come back pressed on a hanger except for one time and I had the steward take it back to get it pressed since I'd paid the full rate.

You do not have to pay the extra pressing charge. The pressing rate is a pressing only rate for clean items that don't need to be washed.

My husband has sent his dress shirts to be pressed on previous cruises due to them becoming creased up during travelling despite being ironed prior to packing. He has not been overly pleased with the results, especially with double cuffed dress shirts!! The creases on the sleeves were ironed in completely the wrong places. Still with the cessation of formal wear, he should no longer have this issue :)

We have not sent any other items for pressing so cannot comment on other items.

Every time I've sent any type of button up shirt to the laundry (or dry cleaning for silk shirts) at the regular piece rate (or with a captain's club coupon good for itemized piece rate laundry) they have been returned neatly pressed on a hanger. I've done this at least 10 times or so on different cruises. If you send them in with a "bag of laundry" special then they'll almost always come back folded in a bag and unpressed.

Even when I've sent polo shirts in for laundry at the piece rate they have always come back pressed on a hanger except for one time and I had the steward take it back to get it pressed since I'd paid the full rate.

You do not have to pay the extra pressing charge. The pressing rate is a pressing only rate for clean items that don't need to be washed.

I have had the same experience.I wear mostly linen and cotton. Always use the laundry on board. For linen pants and tops I send them using the itemized list. Alawys comes back on hangers and no wrinkles. I use the bag for coton tops, capris and shorts.

I now pack for 7 days and have laundry done a couple of times while on board.

This is 3 pre cruise days, 12-14 day cruise in Europe usually.

Wow, I feel cheated. On my last Silhouette cruise, a B2B btw, my shirts weren't pressed even with the Captains Club itemized coupon. Happened on both segments. Guess I'll be more vigilant on my next cruise.

That's a good tip, Larry, I've never paid the rate for laundry as we always have coupons and usually don't use all of them.