Perks ending

killarneylady

No guarantees in life but the perks have been around for a while now. While the current promo will end, I suspect it will be replaced with something similar. That said, if you like what's being offered now, why not book?

Edited by RickT

My TA advised me that Celebrity has been telling them that the packages including at least one perk will be a part of all Ocean view and higher cabin bookings for the foreseeable future - except repositioning and Expedition sailings.

I have just booked a June cruise with the two perks offer that is due to end soon. I plan on booking a Christmas Cruise also but hadn't intended booking over next few days. Any thoughts on whether the drinks offer might reappear at a later date?

I note all the other replies are from the "other side of the pond". Did you book via the USA? If not, the offer of perks will be different.

I was told the other day that, in the UK [is Ireland the same???], Celebrity found offering early booking perks was encouraging customers to book a great deal for the year after next and skip a year. In view of this, they were no longer giving early booking offers and, instead offering incentives for folk who book closer to the date of travel.

IF [and only if] this is true AND Celebrity do not change their marketing again AND Ireland is similar to the UK, there may not be a future opportunity for you to book with the perks. Then again, I could be completely wrong ...

Thanks, Yes I always book through US agent as normally better Perks. At the moment, in Ireland Celebrity only offering one perk and no obc from TA whereas I can get two perks and 200$ obc for booking veranda from US. In total - depending on perk chosen- it can give me an extra $500 obc Here agents never give their own obc and do not facilitate any price reductions, cancelling without penalty etc. You pretty much are stuck with what you book on the day..

Dollar very strong v Euro this year though, so currency advantage for us less than other years unfortunately.

Edited by killarneylady

I note all the other replies are from the "other side of the pond". Did you book via the USA? If not, the offer of perks will be different.

I was told the other day that, in the UK [is Ireland the same???], Celebrity found offering early booking perks was encouraging customers to book a great deal for the year after next and skip a year. In view of this, they were no longer giving early booking offers and, instead offering incentives for folk who book closer to the date of travel.

IF [and only if] this is true AND Celebrity do not change their marketing again AND Ireland is similar to the UK, there may not be a future opportunity for you to book with the perks. Then again, I could be completely wrong ...

Sue

We are on the Eclipse at the moment and have booked 2 cruises to date on the ship. They are offering for suites obc, premium drinks, free grats and free unlimited internet got 2 plus extra obc for booking on board either on current cruise or the future cruise. It ends (at the moment) on the 28th Feb. The bookings are under uk terms and conditions.

I am hoping we get some sort of UK 2017 offer after the end of February. At present 2017 prices are far higher than 2016 with no drinks offered, It is also a shame that almost every cruise is going to the Baltic too. I am sure this will impact on repeat ex-UK customers. Fingers crossed.

Sue

We are on the Eclipse at the moment and have booked 2 cruises to date on the ship. They are offering for suites obc, premium drinks, free grats and free unlimited internet got 2 plus extra obc for booking on board either on current cruise or the future cruise. It ends (at the moment) on the 28th Feb. The bookings are under uk terms and conditions.

Yes, we are hoping that we will be on board when the next new cruises are released because it sound as though they will not be offering incentives in the UK again.

I have just booked a June cruise with the two perks offer that is due to end soon. I plan on booking a Christmas Cruise also but hadn't intended booking over next few days. Any thoughts on whether the drinks offer might reappear at a later date?

I doubt that the drinks offer will disappear but did you notice the new "Standard" drinks package? I believe that will be the new "standard" perk where you have to pay the upgrade fee if you want something decent to drink.

Sue

Do you know what the new perks will be from 1 st March - we are sailing on the eclipse from 6 the March and would like to book for next year - just wondering do we do it now from home in UK whilst free classic drinks package is the perk or do we wait and see if the offer on board is better?????

Any advice!

Anne

Sue

Having most of the perks included with additional OBC - where do you spend all OBC?

Do you know what the new perks will be from 1 st March - we are sailing on the eclipse from 6 the March and would like to book for next year - just wondering do we do it now from home in UK whilst free classic drinks package is the perk or do we wait and see if the offer on board is better?????

Any advice!

Anne

Hi Anne

I don't know as yet but we have an appointment with the future cruise people tomorrow afternoon. Will see if they give anything away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having most of the perks included with additional OBC - where do you spend all OBC?

We don't get any free speciality restaurants now so I am sure t hat some of it will go there. We may also do a tour or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

Any advice!

Anne

Received notice this morning. Previous offer extended to 31 March.

No guarantees in life but the perks have been around for a while now. While the current promo will end, I suspect it will be replaced with something similar. That said, if you like what's being offered now, why not book?

Agree with this, book now if you are worried about missing out.

I know we all love the free stuff, but our last two X cruises, we booked without any promotions and saved a lot of money. We are elite plus, so it was easier for us to not get drink package, knowing we would have 2 hours per day to enjoy the alcoholic beverages, as well as the free al bacio drinks.