Water

Can I bring a case of water on the ship sailing out of Pt Everglades? I feel $47 is a bit steep for the water package.

It's normally allowed. The tend to enforce the rules more during spring break.

The ship's water is the same stuff that's in those bottles....just so you know!

Since you have no idea if the threadstarter drinks spring water or purified/filtered water, not sure how you can claim this statement ?

The ship certainly does not use spring water !

And if the threadstarter uses "so called" purified/filtered water, one could make the argument that the ships water could be similar.

There are three prices of water on the ship. 1. Free 2. Bring your own case price 3. Evian water package

The ship sells the water because they know people will buy it. Why wouldn't they see something that is free? I know sometimes it is convenient to have a bottle of water, but honestly, I just buy it in port if I want it just like I would buy a soda. We drink the water on the ship all the time, at dinner, in our room, and in the foods we eat. It's really tough to stay away from the free stuff. :D

We use a Brita filter on our faucet at home, so the ship's water tastes pretty much the same to us. I bring empty sports bottles and fill them with ship's water for excursions - sometimes with iced tea or lemonade for sitting by the pool. Been cruising since way before anyone drank bottled water, so the thought of hauling heavy cases onboard - allowed or not - just doesn't appeal to me. Don't like polluting the environment with all that plastic either.

We use a Brita filter on our faucet at home, so the ship's water tastes pretty much the same to us. I bring empty sports bottles and fill them with ship's water for excursions - sometimes with iced tea or lemonade for sitting by the pool. Been cruising since way before anyone drank bottled water, so the thought of hauling heavy cases onboard - allowed or not - just doesn't appeal to me. Don't like polluting the environment with all that plastic either.

We also bring empty sports bottles with us and fill them on the ship. There are places that have ice water (inside and outside the Windjammer/Solarium) that you can use a drinking glass to fill up your bottle with to drink while you're out and about on the ship or off the ship.

No it's not!

Actually it's better. RO or flash distilled. As good or better than shore based tap water. Most bottle water is just local tap water bottled. Limited exceptions is if the water is from a explicit source such as Figi or Evian and even those I am very skeptical of there single source. Spent most of my professional life making ultrapure water and I know the ship water is in most cases as good or better than any bottled water.

The ship's water is the same stuff that's in those bottles....just so you know!

No matter how many times you post this, it is still wrong. There are filtered/purified waters, spring waters, mineral waters, flavored waters, sparkling waters and I am sure there are more.

People bring on bottled water for many reasons. None of those reasons have anything to do with the questioned that was asked.

To the OP, yes, sometimes you are allowed to bring on a case of water, other times the porters will say no. If you are sailing during spring break, they are very strict. We have taken to each bring on a shrink wrapped six pack or eight pack of spring water in our carryons and have had no issues.