Wrinkles!!!!!

mrizer7773

The absolute best thing my wife and I found were Eagle Creek Packing Folders. We got ours at the Container Store, but there's also a website for them: http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packing-folders/l/211

For the past 3 cruises we've used them. And for each trip we have been nearly completely packed 2 weeks before leaving. Never once have we had an extremely wrinkled piece of clothing when using them. And whatever minor wrinkles we did have, they "fell out" and you couldn't tell.

Best travel investment I have ever made. Period.

I don't iron ever, at home or vacation,. The first step is before you buy anything check how they wrinkle in the shop. Usually pure fabrics (cotton, linen & silk) are naturally wrinkly, so pick mixed fabric. Next it's important to pay attention to how you dry your clothes. Give jeans and similar material a good shake before drying. When dry just smooth with your hands and fold/hang as desired.

For vacation packing I lay all my clothes out flat , so half is in the case & half out. Dresses & trousers longways and tops width ways. You ulternate the layers, then fold in a long layer then short then long again. This method you hardly get a wrinkle. You can find examples on YouTube. On ship unpack & give clothing a shake before hanging & if something is a bit wrinkled hang in bathroom while showering. I find close patterned clothes show wrinkles less. ☺

Most important thing to remember is that no one cares if your shorts are creased, everyone is in the same boat & won't be paying attention to your clothes, 😆

The absolute best thing my wife and I found were Eagle Creek Packing Folders. We got ours at the Container Store, but there's also a website for them: http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packing-folders/l/211

For the past 3 cruises we've used them. And for each trip we have been nearly completely packed 2 weeks before leaving. Never once have we had an extremely wrinkled piece of clothing when using them. And whatever minor wrinkles we did have, they "fell out" and you couldn't tell.

Cheers, thanks for the link.:D

I don't iron ever, at home or vacation,. The first step is before you buy anything check how they wrinkle in the shop. Usually pure fabrics (cotton, linen & silk) are naturally wrinkly, so pick mixed fabric. Next it's important to pay attention to how you dry your clothes. Give jeans and similar material a good shake before drying. When dry just smooth with your hands and fold/hang as desired.

For vacation packing I lay all my clothes out flat , so half is in the case & half out. Dresses & trousers longways and tops width ways. You ulternate the layers, then fold in a long layer then short then long again. This method you hardly get a wrinkle. You can find examples on YouTube. On ship unpack & give clothing a shake before hanging & if something is a bit wrinkled hang in bathroom while showering. I find close patterned clothes show wrinkles less. ☺

Most important thing to remember is that no one cares if your shorts are creased, everyone is in the same boat & won't be paying attention to your clothes,

Agreed, and you tube has numerous videos on how to pack and fold clothes so that they stay wrinkle free.:D

• 2 months later...

Did anyone actually answer the question. Yes! We used pressing on RCCL, NCL and Princess. All seem to take around 2 hrs. You can have it done early in the day by putting it on a dry cleaning pack and ask for pressing with light or heavy starch, the cabin Steward will pick it up. You can also call the steward and ask to have it done. It has come back in good shape everytime and thanks to all who answered the question with their own opinion on everything but the stock market.

Two things one use small hair iron second product from the supermarket call wrinkle free it's a spray goes on fabric to help release wrinkles used a few times now it's fantastic.

Two things one use small hair iron second product from the supermarket call wrinkle free it's a spray goes on fabric to help release wrinkles used a few times now it's fantastic.

Lot's of recipes out there for homemade wrinkle release. Most are just a watered down fabric softener. Some call for vinegar and others for rubbing alcohol.

I've used a fabric softener and water only (1/3 c water to 1 tsp fabric softener.) recipe and get results equal to the "store bought" wrinkle release.

Charlie

Pack it Envelopes or cubes help a lot. I often pack days before our cruises; even just packed for a 2 week road trip where we lived out of suitcases. No wrinkles to speak of. Use plastic dry cleaner type bags for dress outfits; suits w/Shirt on hangers, dresses, pants outfits etc. and try to just fold them once. DH has a suiter style suitcase but mine is normal. I carry Downy Wrinkle Release but have only used it a few times. Hang clothes ASAP when luggage arrives. PACK tight in each suitcase not allowing clothes to move or scrunch up. Put socks in shoes and roll casual t's or clothes and put in corners of suitcases. Always try to put one outfit for each occasion including a pair of shoes and underwear in the other person's luggage just in case of "wayward bags".