Oasis is moving...

Tough with the Skyway bridge there. They would have to build a cruise port outside the bridge.

Just a minor detail:D

And here she is coming close to where I live and I go and book the HARMONY so we have to drive 3 1/2 hours :) :)

Edited by molly361

Just a minor detail:D

And here she is coming close to where I live and I go and book the HARMONY so we have to drive 3 1/2 hours :) :)

You probably saved $4.50pp by booking Harmony over Oasis, right?;)

Tough with the Skyway bridge there. They would have to build a cruise port outside the bridge.

I hope when they rebuilt it they took that into consideration. It's about 450 feet tall so I think Oasis would fit under it, unless she's bigger that I thought!!:eek:

I hope when they rebuilt it they took that into consideration. It's about 450 feet tall so I think Oasis would fit under it, unless she's bigger that I thought!!:eek:

The air draft of the bridge is around 180 feet, and that prevents Voyager, Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum ships from passing safely under the bridge.

The air draft of the bridge is around 180 feet, and that prevents Voyager, Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum ships from passing safely under the bridge.

I know they were talking at one time about moving the cruise port (aka building a new one) to Pinellas County. Even Bradenton/Sarasota area would be good. I really didn't like the Tampa port. Takes soooooooo long to get out to sea from there. :(

I know they were talking at one time about moving the cruise port (aka building a new one) to Pinellas County. Even Bradenton/Sarasota area would be good. I really didn't like the Tampa port. Takes soooooooo long to get out to sea from there. :(

Bradenton/Sarasota would be great, though farther from TPA than Pinellas. You would have St. Pete and Sarasota airports too.

Totally gree with you. We are on Oasis now and have been a bit dissappointed. Don't get me wrong, any RCCL ship is wonderful but there are some issues on this ship that need to be remedied. Impossible to even see the ocean out of dining room windows and many, MANY of other windows appear to never have been cleaned. Not sure what's happening ...seals broken maybe, but rather than sanding and revarnishing seats at the Aquatheater (which seemed totally fine), clean the darn windows. If I had an oceanview stareroom and couldn't see out any better, I would REALLY be upset. Regardless, the ship is fabulous.....just wish the VCL was still around!

One other thing about Port Canaveral.....the rates for Oasis are ridiculous once it moves to PC and perhaps once the new wears off (and fewer book it) they will drop. Many on board have mentioned this and they will not be sailing on her until it does. But what option has been given....Majesty???? Really! We had Mariner before and then Freedom along with Enchantment. You had a choice of a larger and a smaller ship. Enchantment was fine but I don't care for Majesty. I know many people love that ship and that's great but I want something larger. Please bring in another alternative to Oasis. Guess we'll need to start sailing from Tampa.

Sailed on Oasis Feb. 6th and ate dinner at Grande (4th deck). Had table for 2 by window and did not notice dirty windows, although by the time we sat down at about 6:10pm it was dark and could not see the water. However, we ate lunch (Tutti salad bar) on sea days at the 3rd level restaurant (American Icon?) and noticed that some windows had a film that made it impossible to see the water. It was not dirt and It was noticeable as half of certain windows were clear and the other half was cloudy/filmy. Could be a broken seal, but it was very annoying.

Agree... Tampa needs to expand to be able to accommodate these monster ships. Driving 2 hours to PC and 4.5 hours to FTL is just a little far when you live less than 30 miles from Tampa.

You get no sympathy from us that need to fly to Florida to go on a cruise! :-)

Dan

Sailed on Oasis Feb. 6th and ate dinner at Grande (4th deck). Had table for 2 by window and did not notice dirty windows, although by the time we sat down at about 6:10pm it was dark and could not see the water. However, we ate lunch (Tutti salad bar) on sea days at the 3rd level restaurant (American Icon?) and noticed that some windows had a film that made it impossible to see the water. It was not dirt and It was noticeable as half of certain windows were clear and the other half was cloudy/filmy. Could be a broken seal, but it was very annoying.

The American Icon deck was the one we were on. We honestly coul BARELY make out the horizon. The Diamond Lounge windows were bad also. Would it keep me off the ship.....NO! But.....I would prefer a ship with a VCL.. Hate to see them slowly go away!

I am sad that we are losing Freedom because that is my favorite class ship, but Dh loved Oasis when we sailed her back in 2013. I have the first cruise out of PC on Oasis booked, which will be an 8 nighter. I booked it when it first came out online and got an o.k. price. Now it is a ridiculous price for a balcony!

I also have the first sailing of Epic booked out of PC in November, which is the following week.

We are going to do one ship or the other, not both, but I won't know until May which one we will be sailing. We have season tickets to the Bucs and don't want to miss any home games, so the schedule will be out in May and that will decide which ship.

I sailed NCL for the first time in November on their new ship, Escape, and really loved it.

We love the Freedom and will be sailing on her for one last time (for a while) this summer. However, we are very excited to see the Oasis coming to Port Canaveral. We plan on making our reservations for the Oasis for next summer next week when the scheduling opens up.

Totally gree with you. We are on Oasis now and have been a bit dissappointed. Don't get me wrong, any RCCL ship is wonderful but there are some issues on this ship that need to be remedied. Impossible to even see the ocean out of dining room windows and many, MANY of other windows appear to never have been cleaned. Not sure what's happening ...seals broken maybe, but rather than sanding and revarnishing seats at the Aquatheater (which seemed totally fine), clean the darn windows. If I had an oceanview stareroom and couldn't see out any better, I would REALLY be upset. Regardless, the ship is fabulous.....just wish the VCL was still around!

One other thing about Port Canaveral.....the rates for Oasis are ridiculous once it moves to PC and perhaps once the new wears off (and fewer book it) they will drop. Many on board have mentioned this and they will not be sailing on her until it does. But what option has been given....Majesty???? Really! We had Mariner before and then Freedom along with Enchantment. You had a choice of a larger and a smaller ship. Enchantment was fine but I don't care for Majesty. I know many people love that ship and that's great but I want something larger. Please bring in another alternative to Oasis. Guess we'll need to start sailing from Tampa.

What do you consider ridiculous, price wise. JS in January 17 is right at 3 grand:confused:

Balcony is just over 2 grand

Edited by John&LaLa

We love the Freedom and will be sailing on her for one last time (for a while) this summer. However, we are very excited to see the Oasis coming to Port Canaveral. We plan on making our reservations for the Oasis for next summer next week when the scheduling opens up.

When next week will they open up for reservations?

Thank you

We are also currently on the Oasis for a Back2Back.

VIKING CROWN, as you know, is now the Suites Lounge and Coastal Kitchen and we are LOVING IT !!!! They updated the decor and added shades that lower over the windows when there is a need to block out the sun which is a great improvement.

For those who stay in suites or are Pinnacle it is a perfect venue. This is Day 6 and we have not entered the Main Dining Room or the Windjammer even once and don't miss them. The food and service in the SL and CK is excellent and the view stunning.

The CREW on this ship is delightful and Capt. Per is out and about allowing people to chat with him and/or take photos with him. We watched him interact with children and he was as gentle as a kindergarden teacher. We toured the Bridge yesterday and was amazed at the creativity of the presentation...it was the best tour ever. Capt. Per spent time with our group after his officer had completed the formal tour.

We have sailed on the Oasis and the Allure many times and enjoyed each voyage. These two are ships now at the top of our list for enjoyment because of the SL & CK, the crew, and the abundance of entertainment.

The Port Canaveral market is receiving a true gem. Port Everglades is getting the new, exciting Harmony. This is a win-win situation for all.

Edited by beachnative

Actually there is kinda a repositioning cruise. Her first trip out of PC is an eight day cruise leaving Sat Nov 5th and ending on Sun the 13th which will put her on the Sunday to Sunday schedule.

I know because we're on it!