Drinks prices

LokiPoki

Just wondering if someone can give me an idea of current drinks price on Princess? As pretty well a non-drinker, I'm guessing the soda & more pack will likely work out cheaper for me than buying drinks individually as I want them, but not sure if this will prove to be the case for the others in my group.

And - is there a restriction on the number of bottles of wine that can be brought onboard? I'm aware that corkage is charged after the first bottle - but looking at the wine prices Princess lists, we are thinking that even factoring in an extra $15 for each bottle, it may well be less expensive to buy wine before & carry it on with us than to buy on board.

Thanks,

Laura

Just wondering if someone can give me an idea of current drinks price on Princess? As pretty well a non-drinker, I'm guessing the soda & more pack will likely work out cheaper for me than buying drinks individually as I want them, but not sure if this will prove to be the case for the others in my group.

And - is there a restriction on the number of bottles of wine that can be brought onboard? I'm aware that corkage is charged after the first bottle - but looking at the wine prices Princess lists, we are thinking that even factoring in an extra $15 for each bottle, it may well be less expensive to buy wine before & carry it on with us than to buy on board.

Thanks,

Laura

We loved soda and more $8 a day, individually about $2.50. (never bought one individually so may have Ben $2.25), mock tails $5' shakes $2.75 (or close enough).

No limit on bottles of wine, so far as I know, I have heard of people taking on a case, just the $15 ea corkage.

Thanks,

Laura

This thread has current drink prices for most everything onboard, see post $205 for updated info.

As for bottles of wine, you can bring as many as you like. The first two per stateroom are "free" ie, no corkage fee unless you bring the bottle to the dining G room. Any bottles beyond the two, you pay $15 corkage fee at check in, bottle sill be marked and you can enjoy in cabin or in dining room, etc.

Enjoy.

As others have mentioned, you can always bring on as many bottles of wine / champagne as you wish. You are allowed one per passenger up to two bottles per cabin upon boarding without paying the corkage, which if consumed outside of your cabin will incur that $15 fee. All other bottles will incur the$15 corkage and they stamp it so you can take to the dining room if you wish.

With that in mind, they do also have wine packages if your cruise is 10 days or more at discounted prices. They have two levels for these packages (I think it is silver and gold or something like that and based on the prices of the wine included).

There is also a BOGO + 1 onboard, usually twice daily. You buy one drink and you get the identical drink for $1. The wine we like is approx. $9 per glass so during the BOGO, it is two for $10. This applies to all drinks under $10, including sodas. Going this route really depends on when you like to have a glass of wine as it is usually from 3-4 in the afternoon and again at something like 10-11 at night. It won't really work if you want a bottle of wine with dinner but you can always take them back to your balcony in the afternoon if that is where you like to enjoy your cocktails.

Lastly, the packages for the All Inclusive or soda are also available although if you aren't a heavy drinker, the All Inclusive is probably not your best deal. The unlimited soda package with bringing on your own bottles might be your best option.

This thread has current drink prices for most everything onboard, see post $205 for updated info.

As for bottles of wine, you can bring as many as you like. The first two per stateroom are "free" ie, no corkage fee unless you bring the bottle to the dining G room. Any bottles beyond the two, you pay $15 corkage fee at check in, bottle sill be marked and you can enjoy in cabin or in dining room, etc.

Enjoy.

Could you post a link for the thread you are referring to? I will be on my 1st Princess cruise in Sept. & would like to get an idea of drink prices...

Enjoy.

Link please?

• 5 weeks later...
As others have mentioned, you can always bring on as many bottles of wine / champagne as you wish. You are allowed one per passenger up to two bottles per cabin upon boarding without paying the corkage, which if consumed outside of your cabin will incur that $15 fee. All other bottles will incur the$15 corkage and they stamp it so you can take to the dining room if you wish.

With that in mind, they do also have wine packages if your cruise is 10 days or more at discounted prices. They have two levels for these packages (I think it is silver and gold or something like that and based on the prices of the wine included).

There is also a BOGO + 1 onboard, usually twice daily. You buy one drink and you get the identical drink for $1. The wine we like is approx. $9 per glass so during the BOGO, it is two for $10. This applies to all drinks under $10, including sodas. Going this route really depends on when you like to have a glass of wine as it is usually from 3-4 in the afternoon and again at something like 10-11 at night. It won't really work if you want a bottle of wine with dinner but you can always take them back to your balcony in the afternoon if that is where you like to enjoy your cocktails.

Lastly, the packages for the All Inclusive or soda are also available although if you aren't a heavy drinker, the All Inclusive is probably not your best deal. The unlimited soda package with bringing on your own bottles might be your best option.

We planned to bring One Bottle Per Adult (3 adults) but we are staying in the same mini-suite cabin! This is our 1st time on Princess, an in the past we have always taken wine an the rule was 1 Bottle Per Adult!!! So if I'm understanding this correctly if we do that we incur a $15 fee, the wine itself we want to bring are under 20 a bottle. Plus We hadn't really planned to take the wine to a venue, mostly just for our enjoyment in the cabin, before dinner, on the balcony an such... I'd love to know if this is how it works aboard the Regal as we set sail April 10, so we can plan accordingly about how many bottles of wine we bring. Any Helps appreciated..:cool:

We planned to bring One Bottle Per Adult (3 adults) but we are staying in the same mini-suite cabin! This is our 1st time on Princess, an in the past we have always taken wine an the rule was 1 Bottle Per Adult!!! So if I'm understanding this correctly if we do that we incur a $15 fee, the wine itself we want to bring are under 20 a bottle. Plus We hadn't really planned to take the wine to a venue, mostly just for our enjoyment in the cabin, before dinner, on the balcony an such... I'd love to know if this is how it works aboard the Regal as we set sail April 10, so we can plan accordingly about how many bottles of wine we bring. Any Helps appreciated..:cool:

ONE bottle per adult passenger with NO corkage. That ONE bottle can be consumed corkage free in your cabin. If you take it to the dining room they will charge you corkage for it.

Take on as many bottles after that as you like but each one will be charged a $15 corkage fee when you board. It doesn't matter where you want to drink them.

Here is the policy as quoted from Princess' FAQ

"As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded."

In your case one bottle each. The policy is NOT two bottles per cabin as some have posted on this thread. It is per passenger. So, each adult in the cabin can carry on 1 x 750ml bottle free of charge for use in the cabin. If this bottle is taken to a DR or other public area there will be a $15 corkage charge. However, you can pour a glass and carry it around, no problem.