Escape 7pm departure Miami

VideoTech

Got the letter the other day for our June Escape cruise. Has anyone heard any definite reasons why they are now departing at 7pm instead of the usual 4pm as in past?

I know there was a thread about this some weeks ago, but don't remember that anyone had any concrete answers, and just wondered if there was an update from NCL? The official letter, of course, gives no explanation.

Got the letter the other day for our June Escape cruise. Has anyone heard any definite reasons why they are now departing at 7pm instead of the usual 4pm as in past?

I know there was a thread about this some weeks ago, but don't remember that anyone had any concrete answers, and just wondered if there was an update from NCL? The official letter, of course, gives no explanation.

My guess would be to give more time time fuel and load the ship. When we went a few weeks ago they had tractor trailers still pulling in at 3:15pm to unload. I think the fuel barge pulled away around 3pm. In the end it doesn't really matter, you'll still get to your first destination on time

I think they are getting more international guests that Flynn same day and have later flights. This also holds true when Costa, MSC, and some of the smaller luxury lines sail from Miami.

Although I do also agree with the prior poster that said it allows more time for provisioning.

I think they are getting more international guests that Flynn same day and have later flights. This also holds true when Costa, MSC, and some of the smaller luxury lines sail from Miami.

Although I do also agree with the prior poster that said it allows more time for provisioning.

And another kind of Provisioning - Florida Taxes - so with 3 more hours of a

captive attendance waiting for all those provisions and perhaps fuel - the

bars and restaurants are feeding the Florida/Miami tax coffers !

But on another more practical note with three more hours to board the masses

on this huge behemoth of a ship everything can go at a more relaxed pace

and the hurried rat race pace downsized to make a cruise what it should be an

Escape from it all !

"Damn the delays - make mine a double" !

I don't care what time they leave. We always try to be among the first group to board. Let the fun begin.

"Absolute"ly!

Let's get the party started! Earlier the better.

Received our email yesterday for our Oct. cruise!

"Absolute"ly!

Let's get the party started! Earlier the better.

Received our email yesterday for our Oct. cruise!

Thanks everyone. Certainly agree, it doesn't matter when you leave since you can still board at the same time, and it makes no difference to the arrival time in the first port. Just curious, that's all.

I give up myself and am just going to go with the flow- new ship, never been to tortola, first time with 2 promos etc.... it will be the 5th anniversary of the same dates I went on the epic from miami- its nice because I'll have 2 holiday day's off upon returning.

I figured I will now be at sea 135 hours vs. 138 and can deal with it.

We got the same notice. My PCC informed me that this was done to accommodate west coast/international travelers.

This time change did not apply to all cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by herrera139

they write in germany today, as part of growing europa,a escape cruise is now possible without sleeping a night in miami before the cruise. after your landing you can go directly to the cruise ship. don´t know if this is the main reason.

i would prefer a night before the cruise in miami.

they write in germany today, as part of growing europa,a escape cruise is now possible without sleeping a night in miami before the cruise. after your landing you can go directly to the cruise ship. don´t know if this is the main reason.

i would prefer a night before the cruise in miami.

You could still do the night before in Miami then you'll actually get to board the ship "early", at least for you and start enjoying things!

Carrie

My April 30th departure still shows as 4pm online.

"Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Escape's 7-day Eastern Caribbean sailings departing from Miami from May 7, 2016 through July 16, 2016 and from September 3, 2016 through December 31, 2016... We have made a change to the ship's itinerary and she will now depart from Miami at 7:00 p.m. instead of the previously communicated time of 4:00 p.m. We invite you to board the ship at your regularly scheduled time and begin enjoying all the exciting amenities Norwegian Escape has to offer."

Edited by BirdTravels

Wonder what the difference is in a 7 day versus 8 day cruise ? Yes, I know, 1 day :), but our 8 day in August is still saying a 4 p.m. departure. I guess this only affects 7 day cruises ? Again it doesn't really matter. Direct flight from Cincy on Friday and will be in by noon. Planning a nice leisurely day and evening in Miami and probably head for the port Saturday by 10:30. Escape can leave when she wants. We're aboard !!! Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

My guess would be to give more time time fuel and load the ship. When we went a few weeks ago they had tractor trailers still pulling in at 3:15pm to unload. I think the fuel barge pulled away around 3pm. In the end it doesn't really matter, you'll still get to your first destination on time

This sucks pretty bad for anyone wanting to see the Miami sights on the way out to sea for anyone traveling around the same time we are in mid November. It will be DARK when we leave. This totally sucks.

It's strange to me that this was done to accommodate west coast/international flights just on the Escape but not across all ships sailing out of Miami.

I'm on the Getaway this coming May out of Miami, and no changes. I wonder why they just picked the Escape. Higher demand because it's the newest ship perhaps? :confused:

It's strange to me that this was done to accommodate west coast/international flights just on the Escape but not across all ships sailing out of Miami.

I'm on the Getaway this coming May out of Miami, and no changes. I wonder why they just picked the Escape. Higher demand because it's the newest ship perhaps? :confused:

New ships always draw a larger population of international guests. Right now the Escape is drawing large groups from European countries.

Believe me, they want to leave port ASAP. For the gambling revenue. But, as long as these large groups are booking. They will delay departure times.

It will change in time.

This sucks pretty bad for anyone wanting to see the Miami sights on the way out to sea for anyone traveling around the same time we are in mid November. It will be DARK when we leave. This totally sucks.

What's wrong with seeing Miami skyline at night? We were delayed on Epic last year and didn't leave until night.

It was a good experience.

What's wrong with seeing Miami skyline at night? We were delayed on Epic last year and didn't leave until night.

It was a good experience.

There might be nothing wrong with seeing the Miami skyline at night. But for those of us that love to leave in the daylight, it obviously sucks. That's where I'm at.

That makes the most sense. I know it's probably against the mass majority, but I personally think that's thoughtful to the European market to give them more breathing room while traveling.

Thanks!

New ships always draw a larger population of international guests. Right now the Escape is drawing large groups from European countries.

Believe me, they want to leave port ASAP. For the gambling revenue. But, as long as these large groups are booking. They will delay departure times.

It will change in time.

There might be nothing wrong with seeing the Miami skyline at night. But for those of us that love to leave in the daylight, it obviously sucks. That's where I'm at.

It depends on when you're cruise is. For the 5/7 departure, the sun doesn't set until 7:55 pm so it still be very bright at that point and should be that way for the rest of the summer.

It depends on when you're cruise is. For the 5/7 departure, the sun doesn't set until 7:55 pm so it still be very bright at that point and should be that way for the rest of the summer.

We're on the Nov 19th cruise meaning that it will be fully dark when we push off. :(

If it's any consolation, Miami at night is beautiful.

Yeah, I am coming to grips with it. I'll get to check out the daytime port surroundings while we're parked as it is. And like you, everybody is talking about how great the city looks at night so I'm sure I'll be ok with it.