Buying wine in FLL

rnr4thatsme

May seem like a silly question, but we're not American... Where can one buy wine in Florida? Grocery store or? We are leaving Easter Sunday, so I assume we will need to go Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Grocery stores, pharmacy chains, mini-marts all sell wine. If you are staying near the port in the SE 17 St area there is Publix supermarket and Total Wine in the Harbor Shops plaza both open until 11 Saturday night. If you are at one of the airport/cruiseport-south area motels I believe drug and convenience stores in Hollywood and Dania Beach cut off sales at 10 PM.

Even if it weren't Easter you cannot buy wine in the city of Ft Lauderdale before noon on Sundays, though you can in other nearby municipalities.

Days Inn Hollywood, ugh... My brother booked it... I've heard it's not a nice area though so I will probably grab a cab to be safe... Unless there's something across the street.

Thanks so much, all, for the great info so far!

Edited by rnr4thatsme

The answers above really won't work for you. Hollywood is south of Fort Lauderdale. Close to a 20 min. drive.

You'll want to shop on Saturday in Hollywood. Can't help with your hotel/location.

Edited by eandj

Days Inn Hollywood, ugh... My brother booked it... I've heard it's not a nice area though so I will probably grab a cab to be safe... Unless there's something across the street.

Thanks so much, all, for the great info so far!

Why does your brother hate you?

Dismal motel in a sketchy location.

Take a look at the reviews on tripadviser.com If counting on their shuttle service look at the reviews re that "lack of service".

As mentioned, you are staying in a questionable hotel. Any chance of moving your reservation to Fort Lauderdale? Or at least to one nearby that gets consistently good reviews? Hope you paid a super low rate on this one.

Yes, my brother used his points and it's non-refundable... We will just hole up there and only cab it to leave the property, lol! It's less than 24 hours we will be there! We will cab it to the port also. Remind me of my younger "poorer" days, lol!

Yes, my brother used his points and it's non-refundable... We will just hole up there and only cab it to leave the property, lol! It's less than 24 hours we will be there! We will cab it to the port also. Remind me of my younger "poorer" days, lol!

Not sure when you wanted to board, but another option would be to call your wine order in to Total Wine in Ft. L and have the cab stop for you to pick it up at noon. The store is 5 min. from the port. Cruisers coming in day of sailing often do this.