12:15pm flight FLL from NCL Escape Miami?

Cindyscruising

Hello to the experts who have been cruised in and out of MIA, any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Cruising NCL Escape ( Cant wait!) and will be arriving into Port of Miami- The Southwest flight I would prefer to book leaves from FLL at 12:15pm. I plan to be using Johns Car service to take us from POM to FLL-

Any thoughts if this particular flight at 12:15pm will be cutting it too close? There is a later option for me but its a horrible connection with several hours wait time.

The ship shows to be arriving in Miami at 8am

I would go with this flight.

Glad you have a car picking you up.

Just a suggestion. Check in from the ship and print your boarding pass out.

And if you want to guarantee an early boarding spot pay the extra and sign up for Early Bird Check In.

Keith

Hello to the experts who have been cruised in and out of MIA, any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Cruising NCL Escape ( Cant wait!) and will be arriving into Port of Miami- The Southwest flight I would prefer to book leaves from FLL at 12:15pm. I plan to be using Johns Car service to take us from POM to FLL-

Any thoughts if this particular flight at 12:15pm will be cutting it too close? There is a later option for me but its a horrible connection with several hours wait time.

The ship shows to be arriving in Miami at 8am

You should be fine, assuming nothing unusual to delay docking and disembarkation.

Our last cruise from POM we flew in and out of FLL. Like you, we had car service lined up both ways. Like you, we had a return flight around 12 noon. Absolutely no problem making it, and we had breakfast on the ship and did not do the early walk off. We were in the car at 9am, at FLL by 9:30 or so.

We just did this a couple of weeks ago -- our flight was at 11:50. We had no issues (besides the fact we were flying out of FLL :p)

FLL Southwest area was a ZOO -- so make sure you give yourself enough time to deal with that.

We were in a suite and did self-assist walk-off and were outside by 7:40. Our car service picked us up about 8:10 (we had originally told them 8:30). We were definitely at the airport well before 9:00.

We checked our bags at the Southwest counter on the lower level (I think you can only use the upper level if you are within two hours). The line for that started outside (they wouldn't let us snake throughout the inside of the airport). We waited maybe 15-20 minutes to check our bags.

The security line was also quite long, but since we are TSA PreCheck, we didn't have to worry about that.

We had plenty of time to wait for the bathrooms and attempt to find something to eat before our flight. :rolleyes:

I would consider doing walk-off and since you already have a car service booked, you should be in good shape. Just be prepared for chaos at the airport that morning with all of the cruise passengers.

I would go with this flight.

Glad you have a car picking you up.

Just a suggestion. Check in from the ship and print your boarding pass out.

And if you want to guarantee an early boarding spot pay the extra and sign up for Early Bird Check In.

Keith

Just curious Keith. We have an FLL flight departing at 12:45 with Escape coming in on Sunday a.m. Thinking since its a Sunday returning from an 8 day, POM should be less crowded ? Do many ships return on Sundays ? Taking a limo from POM to FLL and have TSA PreChek. Gerry

Just curious Keith. We have an FLL flight departing at 12:45 with Escape coming in on Sunday a.m. Thinking since its a Sunday returning from an 8 day, POM should be less crowded ? Do many ships return on Sundays ? Taking a limo from POM to FLL and have TSA PreChek. Gerry

FLL hasn't quite mastered TSA precheck.

You should be fine but yes, Sundays will be crazy busy.

Only a fraction of FLL traffic are cruisers.

Count on an hour from POM to FLL airport.

Gerri, rather than speculate I see that you are on the 8/20 cruise and return to Miami the following Sunday. The good news is that you are one of only two ships in Miami.

You will be fine and with the limo pickup and TSA PreCheck all the better

No worries.

Keith

Thank you very much- your the best Keith and I trust your answers 100%!

You are very welcome.

I do recommend signing up for the Southwest Early Bird check in that way you don't have to worry about getting your priority check in done precisely 24 hours before the flight to get optimal boarding.

I would print out your boarding passes on the ship.

By doing this then you don't have to wait on a long line at the SW counter. You can take care of your checked luggage right outside the terminal building and then go directly to the security line. All of this will save you time.

Keith

FLL hasn't quite mastered TSA precheck.

You should be fine but yes, Sundays will be crazy busy.

Only a fraction of FLL traffic are cruisers.

Count on an hour from POM to FLL airport.

Thankfully TSA PreCheck worked really well for us a couple of weeks ago. They were really policing who was in the line (they sent the person there in front of us back to the regular line) and besides her, there was no one else in the line. The regular line was crazy.

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for others who need to use the TSA PreCheck line in the future.

Thanks for this thread - we have a 12:45 from MIA after an Escape cruise. What is John's Car Service? I'm booking transportation to and from the airport and wonder where I can get more info. Thanks!

We used John's Car Service last year and they did what they were supposed to do for us. However, we had 100000x better/friendlier service this year using Larry's Limos.

http://www.larryslimo.com/

Edited by brookie848

You should be fine, assuming nothing unusual to delay docking and disembarkation.

Our last cruise from POM we flew in and out of FLL. Like you, we had car service lined up both ways. Like you, we had a return flight around 12 noon. Absolutely no problem making it, and we had breakfast on the ship and did not do the early walk off. We were in the car at 9am, at FLL by 9:30 or so.

Thanks VT, you will be on the Escape the week after us! LOL We will wave to you as we are departing the ship to go to FLL!

We used John's Car Service last year and they did what they were supposed to do for us. However, we had 100000x better/friendlier service this year using Larry's Limos.

http://www.larryslimo.com/

Thanks Brookie for the info, I will check Larrys prices , if they are fairly comparable to Johns Car Service I will switch over. Reliable, friendly service at a decent price is what we are looking for

Thanks! What kind of vehicle did you get? There are only 3 of us but we are calling this the "YOLO Cruise."

For our trip a couple of weeks ago, we were in a Chrysler 300. I'm sure if you wanted a specific type of car (limo) they could do that for you.

For our trip a couple of weeks ago, we were in a Chrysler 300. I'm sure if you wanted a specific type of car (limo) they could do that for you.

My mom and husband have gone nuts - they booked 1st class airfare between Atlanta and Miami, and now they're wanting the whole limo experience. My dad passed away a year ago and Mom's not healthy, so they're thinking she should get whatever she wants. . . . me, I'd take a cab and fly coach, but we've established that I am the cheap member of the family.

Thanks for all your advice!

My mom and husband have gone nuts - they booked 1st class airfare between Atlanta and Miami, and now they're wanting the whole limo experience. My dad passed away a year ago and Mom's not healthy, so they're thinking she should get whatever she wants. . . . me, I'd take a cab and fly coach, but we've established that I am the cheap member of the family.

Thanks for all your advice!

We didn't request or want a limo, so we weren't expecting one. We just got car service. We do car service when we travel to cities where we don't need transportation and the only time we've gotten a limo instead of car was once in New Orleans.

When you book with a car service, you need to be specific if you want a limo. Most of them just use full-size cars or SUVs.

• 1 year later...

So sorry, I thought I had updated this thread and must have forgot!

We ended up using Larry's Limo instead and it was a super experience. Would highly recommend and will be booking with them for this years trip. The driver kept in touch via text and calling as to where to meet him and the time, etc. Very clean vehicle and safe driving

Made the 12:15pm flight out of FLL with not much time to spare as it took quite a while to get through the customs process due to large crowding