NORO and the NEW BEDDING CONCERNS

mellon1

Were on the Emerald Princess with the new sheets. My concern....we were on Deck 9 and there was NORO. OK. We were in the bed with the new sheets...they were entangled all over us. For those that have not experienced the new linens, this is what it is. Before, the comforter was encased in a sheet, sort of like a pillow case around the comforter...following me.....NOW, there is a separate sheet on top of the comforter and one below. I move around, so the sheets were all over and I found the comforter on me. Now we were the first ones to have the new linens, so no worries. BUT, what happens after the next person...what if someone has NORO, which was spread on Deck 9 when we were there. I think it is not sanitary at all. Just my opinion. They DO NOT change out the comforters or wash them every cruise. JUST SAYING. EWWWWW!!!! People need to comment to Princess about the sanitary concerns.

By the way, we had wonderful 35 days on the Emerald, our favorite ship of all. No problems whatsoever, best crew ever as always.

Noro is everywhere and has been everywhere.

Yes it is disgusting dealing with these comforters. :(

We never thought about it before because we know they are changed out like a pillow case, we see this on B2B. Now, we know this will not be a case and are really freaked out. No cleaning the comforter. I think everyone needs to alert Princess of their concerns.

Noro is everywhere , not just cruise ships. I'm not concerned with it at all, I'm not going to live in a bubble worrying about these things.I have better things to do on vacation.

Noro is everywhere , not just cruise ships. I'm not concerned with it at all, I'm not going to live in a bubble worrying about these things.I have better things to do on vacation.

SLWMJD, we know Noro is everywhere. However, there is no defense against getting it on a comforter, you can't do anything except not use it. Can't wash your hands etc. Just saying. If you discard this...well no need to say.

SLWMJD, we know Noro is everywhere. However, there is no defense against getting it on a comforter, you can't do anything except not use it. Can't wash your hands etc. Just saying. If you discard this...well no need to say.

You said people need to talk to princess about this concern? But why should I? If you want to be a alarmist have at it, but I'm not worrying about a comforter.

My in-laws just experienced the same thing on the Ruby and have the same concerns! It's abhorrent and unhygienic! They requested an old style duvet and received one. Eventually, those won't be available, though, I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Were on the Emerald Princess with the new sheets. My concern....we were on Deck 9 and there was NORO. OK. We were in the bed with the new sheets...they were entangled all over us. For those that have not experienced the new linens, this is what it is. Before, the comforter was encased in a sheet, sort of like a pillow case around the comforter...following me.....NOW, there is a separate sheet on top of the comforter and one below. I move around, so the sheets were all over and I found the comforter on me. Now we were the first ones to have the new linens, so no worries. BUT, what happens after the next person...what if someone has NORO, which was spread on Deck 9 when we were there. I think it is not sanitary at all. Just my opinion. They DO NOT change out the comforters or wash them every cruise. JUST SAYING. EWWWWW!!!! People need to comment to Princess about the sanitary concerns.

By the way, we had wonderful 35 days on the Emerald, our favorite ship of all. No problems whatsoever, best crew ever as always.

It's a hotel....you know the risks. If you think you did or didn't get noro, or any other thing, because of the sheets or covers on a cruise you are wrong.

As a person with a "germ phobia", when I first read your post, I was like WHAT. But as a person who ALSO recently had a thread about something I felt was germy. I have come to realize MOST of my fears and upsetness, come from .....CHANGE to what I perceive as normal. And once I got feedback .....

I realized to EXPECT more things to be unexpected and try to handle it with calmness.

I am sure Princess has considered all of the ramifcations of the new bedding and I I choose to trust that it will all work out.

I think if there is known noro on a ship, they will wash the comforters , especially in cabins with affected passengers.

My feelings exactly. Besides, I don't feel the rooms are ever cold enough to need a comforter in the first place. I always request the comforter to be taken away, ask for a top sheet and light blanket in its place.

This is a funny thread... Just a little while ago i read about people asking for a top sheet... Not liking the duvet... NOW we have top sheets and people want duvets! SMH ... Hotels had blankets and bedspreads for years and it was fine... The choices are... Live dangerously and use the comforters, ask for or bring duvet cover... Or stay home and you could still get noro... It is every where... So whatever you decide to do learn to keep your hands out of your mouth and off your face... Wash your hands often. Life is too short!

Edited by Nanaoften

They change them after every cruise.

This is a funny thread... Just a little while ago i read about people asking for a top sheet... Not liking the duvet... NOW we have top sheets and people want duvets! SMH ... Hotels had blankets and bedspreads for years and it was fine... The choices are... Live dangerously and use the comforters, ask for or bring duvet cover... Or stay home and you could still get noro... It is every where... So whatever you decide to do learn to keep your hands out of your mouth and off your face... Wash your hands often. Life is too short!

Agree, agree Bev. Also, don't pick your nose!! Ha. Ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think if there is known noro on a ship, they will wash the comforters , especially in cabins with affected passengers.

All cabin linens and towels in a cabin that has had a guest reporting AGI (noro) symptoms, whether at mid-cruise or at turn-around, are bagged separately in red biohazard bags, taken to the laundry, and washed in a special washing machine set to higher water temperatures and having additional sanitizing agents in the wash. This machine only handles medical laundry. The comforters are included in this.

All other "soft goods" like carpet, mattress, curtains, and upholstery are fogged with a Virkon agent, which is approved by the CDC and EPA to be effective against noro virus. This is the "sticky, oily" substance you feel on handrails when a ship has an outbreak, as all public spaces will get fogged nightly.

They change them after every cruise.

No they don't. I specifically asked, because I share the OP's concerns. Unless you've actually slept with the new bedding, you have no idea how tangled it gets. We woke every morning with our faces touching the comforter. I much prefer the old, encased comforter where the cover was changed every few days.

Fabrics are not a good conductor of Noro. While it CAN happen, the odds of contracting it via this issue are extremely slim (remember, Noro generally needs to be ingested or otherwise enter the body). I feel safe assuming that if someone vomits on the comforter it will be changed and washed appropriately.

There are pathogens I could see a concern about transmittal, but noro in this case is not one of them.

No they don't. I specifically asked, because I share the OP's concerns. Unless you've actually slept with the new bedding, you have no idea how tangled it gets. We woke every morning with our faces touching the comforter. I much prefer the old, encased comforter where the cover was changed every few days.

I totally agree. We are just off the Emerald and had the new bedding. I hated it. Not so much getting tangled up in the whole thing, but I can't stand waking up with the uncovered comforter touching me. And, it is a different cream color than the sheets - you know when you are touching it. And, to know they are not washing it - gross!