Luggage - I can't squeeze into 1 bag

sandydandy4

hmmm....I have seen denim jeans without a zipper and/or button.......

they are pull on..........they are denim, maybe not as heavy as

"Levi's" or "Lee" or whatever brand is considered jeans........but I have

seen varying styles.

Edited by Lois R

Personally, I never pack and take jeans on any cruises. Not only do they take up far more room in the suitcase, they just aren't as convenient as packing khaki or other slacks. I'd never wear jeans to dinner on any cruise, even though lines such as Viking allow it. I always wear a nice pair of slacks to dinner. I have nice slacks, in varying colors from Tommy Bahama, where three of the slacks take up the same space as one pair of jeans in the suitcase. I much prefer wearing those nice slacks, which are more fashionable, cooler than jeans in warm days, and don't absorb the water that jeans do on a rainy day, than to wear jeans. I also take a combo of walking shorts and cargo shorts. The walking shorts take up less room than the cargo shorts, which I only wear when I need to be hauling "cargo" in all the additional pockets. Otherwise, I prefer the walking shorts far more. I hate having the side pockets and flaps of cargo shorts being caught on turnstiles, counter corners, and other protruding obstacles, but sometimes they are necessary.

I have a nice pair of Khaki linen slacks that I wear on the plane both ways. They have the appearance of dress slacks, not pajamas, and with the combo drawstring/elastic band waist are nicely adjustable during long flights. ;) They fold away to near nothing during the cruise and I then I wear them home again after a little ironing.

Personally, I never pack and take jeans on any cruises. Not only do they take up far more room in the suitcase, they just aren't as convenient as packing khaki or other slacks. I'd never wear jeans to dinner on any cruise, even though lines such as Viking allow it. I always wear a nice pair of slacks to dinner. I have nice slacks, in varying colors from Tommy Bahama, where three of the slacks take up the same space as one pair of jeans in the suitcase. I much prefer wearing those nice slacks, which are more fashionable, cooler than jeans in warm days, and don't absorb the water that jeans do on a rainy day, than to wear jeans. I also take a combo of walking shorts and cargo shorts. The walking shorts take up less room than the cargo shorts, which I only wear when I need to be hauling "cargo" in all the additional pockets. Otherwise, I prefer the walking shorts far more. I hate having the side pockets and flaps of cargo shorts being caught on turnstiles, counter corners, and other protruding obstacles, but sometimes they are necessary.

I have a nice pair of Khaki linen slacks that I wear on the plane both ways. They have the appearance of dress slacks, not pajamas, and with the combo drawstring/elastic band waist are nicely adjustable during long flights. ;) They fold away to near nothing during the cruise and I then I wear them home again after a little ironing.

I discovered how impractical jeans could be on a summer trip to Italy, Germany and France. Discovered that Jeans just don't work well in hot weather. Khaki trousers or slacks as well as shorts in hot weather work far better. Also, jeans take up more space in luggage and harder to hand wash.

Further, I have never thought that jeans, even so called designer jeans, were that attractive to wear.

It sounds like the jeans you are referring to are KNIT. Many brands are

making a knit jean now.

No they're not knit. It's a woven denim made of Cotton/polyester/spandex - just very soft and a bit lighter than regular jeans. The thing I really like is the no zipper and wide elastic waist band. I have some other pull on jeans but the waist band is gathered so they don't lay flat.

Boston Proper does call the "leggings" and I got them on sale ;)

https://www.bostonproper.com/store/product/so-easy174-bootcut-denim-legging/570149180?color=&catId=cat8289432&fromSearch=true

They sound more like jeggings than jeans. I wouldn't call what you describe jeans. Jeans have a zipper or buttons, a waistband, and are made of denim.

No zipper. They have a waistband, but it's wide elastic. They have all the pockets and stitching of regular jeans and are made of denim - woven not knit. They look just like jeans unless you tuck in your top.

I discovered how impractical jeans could be on a summer trip to Italy, Germany and France. Discovered that Jeans just don't work well in hot weather. Khaki trousers or slacks as well as shorts in hot weather work far better. Also, jeans take up more space in luggage and harder to hand wash.

Further, I have never thought that jeans, even so called designer jeans, were that attractive to wear.

To each his/her own :) I'm not comfortable in regular jeans, but these are awesome. I'll wear them on the plane each way, and I'll have them if it's cool at night or for when we do the Mt Pilatus tour.

I'll be taking a pair of nice ponte knit pants for dinners, and Bermuda length shorts for during the day. I really don't like linen or khaki much. They always look like you've slept in them - JMO :cool:

Sadly I would look like a "stuffed sausage" in those pants! ;)

Sorry about that! Perhaps I look like a stuffed sausage as well, but they are very comfy and that's the key for me! I think the dark wash will work for dinner on Viking with a long top. I'll probably wear my ponte knit, but I'd like to have the option available.

Has everyone gotten the link or do I need to post it again?

To each his/her own :) I'm not comfortable in regular jeans, but these are awesome. I'll wear them on the plane each way, and I'll have them if it's cool at night or for when we do the Mt Pilatus tour.

I'll be taking a pair of nice ponte knit pants for dinners, and Bermuda length shorts for during the day. I really don't like linen or khaki much. They always look like you've slept in them - JMO :cool:

Look at the Eileen Fisher ankle pant. Made out of a light khaki fabric and it takes a LOT to wrinkle them. The only thing that really will is putting them in the dryer on broil and leaving them drying for an extra hour. They lay flat on the waist and are flattering to most figure types. They last FOREVER. I have a pair that are 12 years old and still in good shape.

Look at the Eileen Fisher ankle pant. Made out of a light khaki fabric and it takes a LOT to wrinkle them. The only thing that really will is putting them in the dryer on broil and leaving them drying for an extra hour. They lay flat on the waist and are flattering to most figure types. They last FOREVER. I have a pair that are 12 years old and still in good shape.

Thanks - but I'm happy with the ones I've got. I'll stick with the pull on jeans and the ponte knit pants I have. I think I've got like 10 pair - I really don't need any more pants ... not that that ever stopped me from getting more in the past :D

Lately I have been favoring light knit skirts for warm weather. They make using yucky bathrooms so much easier!!! and those asian squatters are near impossible!

Lately I have been favoring light knit skirts for warm weather. They make using yucky bathrooms so much easier!!! and those asian squatters are near impossible!

In China we called that a "Skirt Day".... And then of course there were the Western Toilets strictly for show with no plumbing connection at all ;)

Would your guides warn you when it needed to be a "skirt day"?....Great Guide if so! Skirts also work better in terrible USA port-a-potties at college football tailgates! The real meaning of Freud's theory of penis envy!

Love these pants! Have them in every color.

Would your guides warn you when it needed to be a "skirt day"?....Great Guide if so! Skirts also work better in terrible USA port-a-potties at college football tailgates! The real meaning of Freud's theory of penis envy!

We always got the "Ladies no Western toilets tomorrow, bring Kleenex, you wear dress please" ;)

Bertha our guide should have been crowned Empress of China, she was that wonderful. This was on a 21 day A & K China and Yangzee River trip.

We always got the "Ladies no Western toilets tomorrow, bring Kleenex, you wear dress please" ;)

Bertha our guide should have been crowned Empress of China, she was that wonderful. This was on a 21 day A & K China and Yangzee River trip.

I would warn that there are more than a few parts of Europe and the Caribbean where bringing Kleenex or Charmin To Go (love this!) is a good idea as well. I would also warn that the condition of many toilets that aren't even squattie potties would make you want to squat, so skirts are a good idea unless you are in a large urban area. :::shudder::: after some of those bathrooms, you'll be glad for all that time spent strengthening those quads in chair pose during yoga class. ;)

We encountered one of these in Italy years ago on a group trip. I was very glad I didn't have to use those facilities in pants! I sat on the bus and watched the other women coming out and they were all laughing. When the got on the bus, I asked what was so funny - I found out and resolved not to drink anything until we got back to civilization! :D

I like the look of those pants but what kind of shoes do you wear with them?

I have several pairs of slim fitting ankle pants - 1 from Eileen Fisher but other brands. It's my favorite profile and I live in NC so I don't need a full trouser & socks & shoe most of the year. I also wear a ballet flat (but I need a comfort shoe so my ballet flats are privo or ecco or similar) or a sandal - one that doesn't have ankle strap to break the line. I have a sleek slide that looks nice. Loafers, driving mocs - any low profile shoe would work.

I plan on wearing my dark blue JAG jeans on the plane for our September Central Europe land tour/Danube River cruise. They have a wide pull-on stretchy waistband, front pockets, slim legs, are light weight and oh so comfy. My packing list won't be finalized until a few days before we leave after I check the weather forecast.

I have several pairs of slim fitting ankle pants - 1 from Eileen Fisher but other brands. It's my favorite profile and I live in NC so I don't need a full trouser & socks & shoe most of the year. I also wear a ballet flat (but I need a comfort shoe so my ballet flats are privo or ecco or similar) or a sandal - one that doesn't have ankle strap to break the line. I have a sleek slide that looks nice. Loafers, driving mocs - any low profile shoe would work.

Thanks to both of you! I have some sandals that would work if I can find those pants.