Elite Minibar on Long Cruise(s)?

Mcruisin

If we have booked a 20 day cruise, which is really two 10 day cruises does an Elite member get one or two setups? The cruise counts as two for Captain Circle benefits.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mike

You will get two mini-bar setups. We just got off the Royal 20 day cruise on Sunday.

You will also get two Grapevines invites, two Captain's Circle parties, etc. You will get a internet credit for each leg. We got 250 minutes each for each leg.

OBC is calculated based on the way you have booked it. So Shareholder and Military will be $250 each for the 20 days. FCC will be $125 or $150 depending on cabin type. You will get one Loyalty OBC.

Paul, thanks for the great information!

What is a "loyalty credit"?

Mike

OBC for Loyalty

I believe these are correct. If not, I feel sure someone will correct me. :)

21 - 31 cruise credits $25 onboard cabin credit

32 - 41 cruise credits $50 onboard cabin credit

42 - 51 cruise credits $75 onboard cabin credit

52+ cruise credits $100 onboard cabin credit

Edited by Thrak

It depends on how you booked it. If you booked it as a 20 day you will get one set up, but more for the fcc, stock and military credits. If booked as 2 ten day you will get the 2 set ups but less in the fcc, stock and military.

This is not correct. We just got off a 20 day cruise which was booked as one cruise for us, but also available as 10 day cruises.

We got 2 mini setups.

You will get a internet credit for each leg. We got 250 minutes each for each leg.

If you had any remaining minutes from the 1st segment, did the minutes rollover to the 2nd segment? I've had it both ways...rollover & lost.

OBC for Loyalty

Thanks for the information, Thrak. I didn't know that occurred after every cruise once pass 20 cruises. Something more to look forward to!

Mike

If you had any remaining minutes from the 1st segment, did the minutes rollover to the 2nd segment? I've had it both ways...rollover & lost.

We had minutes left at the end of the first leg and they carried to the second on the Royal last week. f

Thanks for the information, Thrak. I didn't know that occurred after every cruise once pass 20 cruises. Something more to look forward to!

Mike

The Loyalty OBC is automatic. It shows on our account statement as "gift certificate" on the Royal last week.

You get one per cabin for each booking number. So we did not get one for the second leg on the Royal when we booked it as one cruise.

It depends on how you booked it. If you booked it as a 20 day you will get one set up,

Not correct. You will receive a mini bar set up for each ten day cruise no matter if you booked it a one or two cruises. We just returned from the Royal and this is how it was done.

Then you got lucky with your cabin steward. He did not know you booked it as one longer cruise.

The cabin steward does not handle the mini bar it is handled by the room service department. We were not"lucky", this has been the Princess practice for the many years that we have been doing b2b's.

Then you got lucky with your cabin steward. He did not know you booked it as one longer cruise.

The cabin steward has nothing to do with the mini-bar setups. These are handled room service. They get a list of eligible cabins and make their rounds delivering the setups.

We were on a b2b cruise ( 5 day plus a 4 day) but booked as a 9 day on the Emerald Princess last November. We got two mini bar set ups (we contacted room service when we boarded and asked the first one to be converted into two coffee cards. Before turnaround day, we called room service and said instead of the second mini bar we would like two more coffee cards. They appreciated our calling ahead to save them time of preparing a second mini bar and then having to switch it out).

We did get one loyalty credit of $25. We got two sets of internet minutes. Unused minutes from the first round did not roll over.

Then sorry for my errors. This is what they have told me. I also did not get credit for the cruise when counting by how many cruises when I booked a b2b as one longer cruise. I did the one longer to get more for stock, fcc, and military. They told me since I booked it as one, I only get one mini bar set up.

Glad to see this is not the case. Enjoy!!

Then sorry for my errors. This is what they have told me. I also did not get credit for the cruise when counting by how many cruises when I booked a b2b as one longer cruise. I did the one longer to get more for stock, fcc, and military. They told me since I booked it as one, I only get one mini bar set up.

I just checked and I did get 2 cruise credits for my 20 day cruise on the Royal that ended this past Sunday. I had booked it as one cruise.

Then sorry for my errors. This is what they have told me. I also did not get credit for the cruise when counting by how many cruises when I booked a b2b as one longer cruise. I did the one longer to get more for stock, fcc, and military. They told me since I booked it as one, I only get one mini bar set up. Y

You can call Princess and ask for the Captain Circle Representative and have them update your cruise history to reflect two cruises instead of one. You could also check with the Captain Circle Host on your next cruise to see if they could make the change.

Most of you are talking about getting two mini bar setups for a 20 day cruise which you will get two cruise credits. My question is, will I get two mini bar set ups for a 14 day cruise I booked on the Regal for next February. The first seven days we cruise the Eastern Caribbean, the second week we do the western Caribbean. Since I booked this cruise as a 14 day one instead of back to back seven day ones, Princess is still giving us two cruise credits. I'm hoping to get two mini bar setups, but not sure if we will for 14 days. This will be our longest cruise to date.

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

Most of you are talking about getting two mini bar setups for a 20 day cruise which you will get two cruise credits. My question is, will I get two mini bar set ups for a 14 day cruise I booked on the Regal for next February. The first seven days we cruise the Eastern Caribbean, the second week we do the western Caribbean. Since I booked this cruise as a 14 day one instead of back to back seven day ones, Princess is still giving us two cruise credits. I'm hoping to get two mini bar setups, but not sure if we will for 14 days. This will be our longest cruise to date.

Unless things have recently changed you should get 1 setup for each trip no matter how you booked it.

I just checked and I did get 2 cruise credits for my 20 day cruise on the Royal that ended this past Sunday. I had booked it as one cruise.

Any 15+ day cruises count as 2 cruise credits anyway. So two ten day cruises equals two credits. One twenty day cruise also equals 2 cruise credits.

Where it makes a difference is two seven day cruises back to back. One seven day or one fourteen day cruise equals one cruise credit, but two seven day cruises booked back to back equals two credits.

It seems as though if you book the 14 day cruise that also could've haven been split into multiple 7 day cruises that you need to contact the captain's circle to get the 2nd credit.

OBC for Loyalty

You are correct. We book B2B all the time now and get $25 cabin credit for each cruise. I always book my cruises as 10 days cruises not 20 days. Everything is double. With no hassle. Each cruise 500 internet mins. 💻 and 1 mini bar setup. 🍹 🍸 The Internet mins are 250 PP.

Tony

Any 15+ day cruises count as 2 cruise credits anyway. So two ten day cruises equals two credits. One twenty day cruise also equals 2 cruise credits.

Where it makes a difference is two seven day cruises back to back. One seven day or one fourteen day cruise equals one cruise credit, but two seven day cruises booked back to back equals two credits.

It seems as though if you book the 14 day cruise that also could've haven been split into multiple 7 day cruises that you need to contact the captain's circle to get the 2nd credit.

Not sure I understand when you say any 15+ day cruise equals 2 cruise credits. Have several 15, 20, and 30 day cruises that are only 1 cruise credit each.

I have a 14 day cruise booked for next January that could have been booked as two 7 day cruises. Princess already shows this cruise in my "Cruise History" with two credits.

The first comment 15+ day cruises = 2 credits is simply not true. We've had transatlantics at 17 days each that qualified as one cruise each.

However we just completed a cruise sold by Princess as a 14 day cruise which was a B2B of two 7 days. 2 credits given, 2 seven day internet packages, and 2 minibars. We didn't have to contact the Captain's Circle to make any of this happen.

I believe the difference is whether the longer cruise returns to a home port (making it really a B2B) or not.