Anyone Ever Given "Inconvenience" Crown and Anchor Points?

Would you go to an ATM machine, request $100, find that you can only take out $80 and then go to the bank and demand that they give you the $20 that the ATM didn't provide you for free?

This analogy isn't the same as the OP's situation. If the ATM runs out of money and only gives you $80 and only deducts $80 from your account, there is another ATM down the street -- they are everywhere, so whatever reason you needed the cash later that day will not be negatively affected.

In the OP's situation, he wanted to achieve Diamond status after taking the Empress cruise to be able to have the onboard perks that Diamond status receives on his next cruise several weeks later. That cruise several weeks later is already booked, along with several others on Royal.

Do I believe they will just 'add two points to his account'? No and that should not be the way it is approached with them to possibly be successful.

He understood the parameters of the program and took the 5 day sailing in a suite to earn 10 points and attain Diamond status on his next cruise (already booked). All he wants is the status he would have attained, had Royal not cancelled his sailing. He will work his way up from the 78 points, as he continues to cruise. In actuality, he will hit that number on the very next cruise anyway.

Yeah I wasn't offered option of Navigator even to pay extra I am guessing cause I had suite booked on Empress. Rep said no way, wouldn't even give me a price.

I called, waiting for a call back from the "big guns" to see if they will credit me for 5 days on the 4 day Majesty. Id much rather be on Navigator though, I live 10 minutes from Port but I am not that lucky.

Just getting approved to Diamond so my subsequent cruises in JSs is enough for me to salvage this situation. But if they won't I have to cancel a lot of cruises between April and my next GS.

We shall see, RC sells out often so I doubt they will care if I cancel 4 cruises, they will find someone else to take my place.

We're Diamond Plus and at one point had something like 7 cruises booked between Royal and Celebrity, and still they wouldn't negotiate.

I asked to be changed to Navigator or Independence but the rep said no, Majesty only. I asked her to price it out to see how much "upcharge" there would be but she said no, Majesty only.

How did you get from Empress to Navigator? How much did you have to pay difference and what room did you have and what did you change to?

Our April 16th Empress sailing was cancelled as well. Since I was following the activity early this week I called RCCL immediately Friday morning when I received word of the cancelled sailings. Was on the phone with a very nice rep who got us on the Navigator out of FLL on the same day April 16th. So we got an 8 night cruise and 2 extra ports and the difference was approximately $225 per person. Still trying now to work out the details and charges to rearrange our flight home. I think those who called earlier upon hearing about the cancelled sailings may have been treated differently in terms of service than those who contacted RCCL later. In any case not fair overall. I'm hearing some pretty negative things about how Royal is handling this. Good luck to others out there. On a positive note after our 8 night cruise we transferred to I will be 2 points from Diamond. ;)

Edited by anjomojo

Our April 16th Empress sailing was cancelled as well. Since I was following the activity early this week I called RCCL immediately Friday morning when I received word of the cancelled sailings. Was on the phone with a very nice rep who got us on the Navigator out of FLL on the same day April 16th. So we got an 8 night cruise and 2 extra ports and the difference was approximately $225 per person. Still trying now to work out the details and charges to rearrange our flight home. I think those who called earlier upon hearing about the cancelled sailings may have been treated differently in terms of service than those who contacted RCCL later. In any case not fair overall. I'm hearing some pretty negative things about how Royal is handling this. Good luck to others out there. On a positive note after our 8 night cruise we transferred to I will be 2 points from Diamond. ;)

But applying the same logic that some want to be applied o the OP´s Situation you should get no more than 5 Points, as that´s what you originally booked, so that´s what RCI Needs to deliver;):rolleyes:

Royal Caribbean cancelled our 13-day Rhapsody Hawaii cruise, and offered an 11-day on the sister ship with the price guarantee. We didn't go for it, because that 13-day Rhapsody cruise had stops in both Hilo and Kona as well as an overnight on one of the islands.

We were more concerned about the two week deadline over Thanksgiving weekend, than getting an 11 day cruise for a 13-day price. They obviously knew about the cancellation weeks before they told us. Some people on the roll call thread mentioned seeing the ship on the Asian Royal Caribbean site. And our cruise had disappeared from our book a cruise part at Royal Caribbean.

We booked the 8-day Grandeur (GS) instead. Never occurred to us to ask for the ten point difference. But all we had invested in that 13-day Rhapsody was the deposit. At least we hadn't booked airfare.

Don't worry about the lounges. They're often standing room only during cocktail hour, and the drinks aren't that good. We seldom visit the lounges every night. Sometimes, we may drop by maybe once during the cruise. No big deal. To get our Dos XX or Angry Orchard, we have to pay anyway.

Edited by knittinggirl

But applying the same logic that some want to be applied o the OP´s Situation you should get no more than 5 Points, as that´s what you originally booked, so that´s what RCI Needs to deliver;):rolleyes:

I don't agree with your POV, although I can understand how you are getting to it. The reason for the additional consideration in the OP's situation is for a specific C&A status level to be achieved as a result of his long history with the line and as a specific result of going on that Empress 5 day sailing.

He should not be asking for the 'nights themselves' to be added to his account without actually sailing them. If the cruise line did that, they would be opening themselves up for a huge headache in the future.

They could also just agree to implement his Diamond status 2 days into the following cruise. Not the usual policy, but might be a decent solution.

As cheezwiz states in above post, the other way around this is go give him Diamond Status after the 2nd night onboard his next sailing. Could that be a compromise for this situation? Sure.

Edited by Paulette3028

Yeah I wasn't offered option of Navigator even to pay extra I am guessing cause I had suite booked on Empress. Rep said no way, wouldn't even give me a price.

When a rep is being very uncompromising about something, your best bet is just to say 'ok, thanks', hang up, and call back (always get the rep's name in case they answer the phone again!)

I understand your particular frustration and while I don't think extra points are an option, there are other things they can do if you are being persistent, maybe some extra obc or moving to the Navigator, as others were able to do.

Some reps just cannot be bothered and others seem to go the extra mile to be helpful. You have to try and get one of those reps. (and it may take an extra call or two)

Edited by marci22

I don't agree with your POV, although I can understand how you are getting to it. The reason for the additional consideration in the OP's situation is for a specific C&A status level to be achieved as a result of his long history with the line and as a specific result of going on that Empress 5 day sailing.

He should not be asking for the 'nights themselves' to be added to his account without actually sailing them. If the cruise line did that, they would be opening themselves up for a huge headache in the future.

As cheezwiz states in above post, the other way around this is go give him Diamond Status after the 2nd night onboard his next sailing. Could that be a compromise for this situation? Sure.

Well I wasn´t really expecting you to agree with my POV as I wasn´t 100% serious with that Suggestion you quoted, which could be seen By the ;):rolleyes: at the end of the post. I just wanted to apply the same logic to another Situation that People Keep applying to the OP´s Situation.

Actually I do not think the reason given By the OP is something to give any extra consideration. He would get to D a cruise later, so be it.

Changing his Status 2 nights into the cruise could be a compromise, sure, but it was not what the OP was demanding.

I still think what I said about it being a precedent would apply, so I don´t think it should be done, but I´m not the one to make the decision. It´s just the way I would decide if I were in Charge and I would not have a Problem with the OP cancelling his lined up cruise schedule as it wouldn´t hurt as much as Setting a precedent.

OP did you have a good outcome?

Or maybe you are afraid to come back and report. I don't really blame you. It's a tough crowd;)

Nothing yet, my TA has been discussing it with a high up rep waiting for decision.

Well I wasn´t really expecting you to agree with my POV as I wasn´t 100% serious with that Suggestion you quoted, which could be seen By the ;):rolleyes: at the end of the post. I just wanted to apply the same logic to another Situation that People Keep applying to the OP´s Situation.

Actually I do not think the reason given By the OP is something to give any extra consideration. He would get to D a cruise later, so be it.

Changing his Status 2 nights into the cruise could be a compromise, sure, but it was not what the OP was demanding.

I still think what I said about it being a precedent would apply, so I don´t think it should be done, but I´m not the one to make the decision. It´s just the way I would decide if I were in Charge and I would not have a Problem with the OP cancelling his lined up cruise schedule as it wouldn´t hurt as much as Setting a precedent.

The suggestion that I gave, in a much earlier post, was the way an actual situation was handled with our C&A accounts when Royal changed their C&A program. It was handled privately, between us and the C&A department. No one raised their voice on the telephone, everyone was very civil. It took the rep two days to work through our situation, but it got done -- to our satisfaction.

There was an example earlier about someone who was able to get on the Navigator sailing. Clearly that rep was willing to work through the mess differently with the cruiser. That rep probably had not been bombarded by screaming cruisers as yet and still had some reasonable patience left in them. (LOL)

I feel for OP's situation, but I think this would be a dangerous precedent for RCI. This would surely get out in Cruise Critic and elsewhere and RCI would be inundated with "me too" callers. Maybe OP should just cancel and book another 5 day instead if possible!

Tom

I feel for OP's situation, but I think this would be a dangerous precedent for RCI. This would surely get out in Cruise Critic and elsewhere and RCI would be inundated with "me too" callers. Maybe OP should just cancel and book another 5 day instead if possible!

Tom

Why? RCI has shown what they are willing to do for one they may not be willing to do for someone else. that is why it is a case by case basis. RCI does not evenly apply their policies so one could hardly fault OP for trying. They have been hearing an earful from Anthem cruisers this year, but no equitable compensation. There were cruises on Freedom a year or two ago with impacted itineraries due to propulsion issues and some people got the sun and the moon, others got the shaft and the finger. So decisions don't mean much when they don't really establish a precedent...

Tom

I agree. It's a can of worms.

It's possible that if the OP has a good outcome, he may be asked not to mention it online, so if he doesn't, we should not blame him :)

Good point and that I agree. If a company's complaint resolutions team specifically made a special exception for you, they prefer you not to broadcast it online to everyone. As this will put pressure on the company to do the same for everyone both on past and future similar events.

and chances are, if they found out that you have brought your issue online and many other guests are monitoring the updates, there is a bigger probability that they won't give you special considerations at all, coz if they do and everyone knows about it, again they will be forced to do the same to everyone in the future because of this present decision. (and possible complications of some past guests who haven't given the same consideration might complain as well) This is similar to past known court case decisions affecting the outcome of an existing trial.

Edited by roquejo

It's possible that if the OP has a good outcome, he may be asked not to mention it online, so if he doesn't, we should not blame him :)

If they tell me not to broadcast my result I wouldn't. Plus even if I did they could deny it claiming I am just a troll :)

Sorry, I just don't see it happening. After all, even if you paid in full for a cruise and didn't go and lost all your money, they still wouldn't give you any points for that cruise.

That happened to me, and I'm in striking distance of Diamond now. I'd be there if we'd gone :( But I try not to think about that!

Sorry, I just don't see it happening. After all, even if you paid in full for a cruise and didn't go and lost all your money, they still wouldn't give you any points for that cruise.

Um, right, that would NEVER happen. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

We were scheduled to take a 10 day cruise on Grandeur in January. Due to a huge snowstorm, the ship did not get to Baltimore till Monday (we were supposed to leave on Sunday). Our 10 day cruise now became a 9 day cruise. We were all given 10 Crown and Anchor points as though we all only had a 9 day cruise - we thought this was most kind and fair. We actually got 20 points since we were in a junior suite. Cruise fare for the day lost including port taxes and gratuities - were returned for the lost day as OBC. Also, anyone who had a beverage package was refunded for one day, as well.

We were scheduled to take a 10 day cruise on Grandeur in January. Due to a huge snowstorm, the ship did not get to Baltimore till Monday (we were supposed to leave on Sunday). Our 10 day cruise now became a 9 day cruise. We were all given 10 Crown and Anchor points as though we all only had a 9 day cruise - we thought this was most kind and fair. We actually got 20 points since we were in a junior suite. Cruise fare for the day lost including port taxes and gratuities - were returned for the lost day as OBC. Also, anyone who had a beverage package was refunded for one day, as well.

Was the OBC exactly equivalent to a one tenth of your cruise fare, or was it a flat amount?